By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Manchester has a title at last!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's amazing United ran City so close for the title when probably only 2 or 3 united players would get in the city 11."

Mancini isn't that convincing really. Internazionale won 3 Seria A titles but they barely had any competition . He always had amazing players at his fingertips and his teams were/are rarely convincing.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

My dad is also a pushy Villa fan.

I support Villa, but he wants me to go one further and ferociously hate Birmingham City FC. I just can't bring myself to do that, I'm indifferent to them. If they're successful, then I wont be angry at their victory; I would be happy for them if anything.

Besides, the window of my office faces their ground, St Andrews, and I have to look at that ugly mess all day. Perhaps if they're successful they can afford to tear it down and build a nice stadium in its place.

Half on my dad's family support Birmingham and half support Villa. They haven't spoken to each other for years, pretty much.

kowenicki said:
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
Lafiel said:
all your football is all belong to oil

for god sake...

whats your point?

are you saying that this means it cant be entertaining or exciting?

that was the most thrilling end to a football season there has ever been. anywhere... ever...

Doubt it.

The German Bundesliga had Schalke 04 make a comeback from a 0:2 to a 4:2 while Bayern Munich was trailing 0:1 with a poor performance. Schalke 04's game ended; the fans, players and staff were celebrating and in the final minute of injury time Munich scored the 1:1. Schalke was only champion for a few minutes and all their dreams were brutally crushed.

how is that more exciting than this again?  thats EXACTLY what happened here...  except City scored TWICE in injury time to do the same.

Quite a few things.

1. Schalke won the game 5:3 after being 0:2 and then 2:3 behind
2. Hamburg scored in the 90th minute against Bayern (1:0) - Schalke was the champion
3. Everyone in Gelsenkirchen (Schalke) thought the game in Hamburg was over, but there were still 4 minutes of injury time to play in Hamburg
4. Then in the 93rd minute a Hamburg player passed the ball towards the goalkeeper with his foot and the goalkeeper picked up the ball, even though he could have kicked it away with ease.
5. The result was an indirect free-kick inside the penalty area and Bayern scored in the 94th minute through a small gap inside the wall.

Even i went crazy when Aguero scored... my friend wich isnt into football went aswell, i explained him how it was in England the Premiere league and told him City had to Win to became champions, he was like "impossible they are losing and its almost over" than holly shit even he went crazy!

As an neutral, but a also a fan of one of united's firecest rivals I was nearly as nervous as the City fans. Amazing last 5 minutes and was delighted City got it in the end.

Now if only my team could win the title...

Around the Network

I'm not a Man Ure fan but I'm so glad Man City won the league.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
highwaystar101 said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
So very disappointing and I'd like to echo Rol's words:
"Celebrating a team like Manchester City is just wrong."

this is just so so so weak.

Man U paid 60m for two players years ago (ferdinand and Rooney)... probably about 80m in todays money.  Utd bought the title many times spent big money on many players, as did Chelsea, as did Blackburn, as did many other teams.

My take on the whole "big-money" debate is this...

David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt... These players cemented Manchester United's dominance of the Premier League in the 90s. They were not the product of money, they were the product of good management and one of the most nurturing youth systems ever. Sure they've spent big in recent years, but that is only possible due to their earlier, self-made success.

Manchester city are missing that. Outside of Joe Hart, I can't think of one player still at Man City who has risen through the ranks.'They even gave away their home-grown star Stephen Ireland, once voted 'player of the year', just so they could spend £24m on another player. I think something valuable has been lost from the club when that happens.

Chelsea did exactly the same thing. The only remaining product of the pre-Abramovich era are John Terry and Frank Lampard. Surely the real feeling of victory is  missing from a club like that. It's like cheating in a video game; you'll win, but it wont feel the same.

Well even young talents are bought and not just "raised".

Barcelona bought Messi at the age of what? 10? It's still buying imo.

The process of scouting hundreds of players from a young age, selecting the most talented ones, nurturing them into good players and raising them with the club, the fans and their future team-mates is quite different from saying "how much do you want for Balotelli?"

It shows a significant investment of time and resources beyond money. The players will have a real connection to the club by the time they are playing in the first team.

RolStoppable said:
Celebrating a team like Manchester City is just wrong.

You'd rather Manchester Utd win it? Loco!

I have Mancunian blood and most people from Manchester (or have affiliations with Manchester) support Manchester City. My nan who was a fan of Manchester City and she unfortunately passed away last year but she would over the moon that Manchester City beat Manchester Utd.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
highwaystar101 said:

My take on the whole "big-money" debate is this...

David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt... These players cemented Manchester United's dominance of the Premier League in the 90s. They were not the product of money, they were the product of good management and one of the most nurturing youth systems ever. Sure they've spent big in recent years, but that is only possible due to their earlier, self-made success.

Manchester city are missing that. Outside of Joe Hart, I can't think of one player still at Man City who has risen through the ranks.'They even gave away their home-grown star Stephen Ireland, once voted 'player of the year', just so they could spend £24m on another player. I think something valuable has been lost from the club when that happens.

Chelsea did exactly the same thing. The only remaining product of the pre-Abramovich era are John Terry and Frank Lampard. Surely the real feeling of victory is  missing from a club like that. It's like cheating in a video game; you'll win, but it wont feel the same.

Well even young talents are bought and not just "raised".

Barcelona bought Messi at the age of what? 10? It's still buying imo.

And yet there are so many talents that basically every club has a chance of buying them in case not everyone is talking about them. The difference is that it's very risky to do since you can't just buy 1000 players at the age of 10 every year and even if you could, it's very possible that these players are leaving to play for other clubs in lower divisions to get a real chance of playing football professionally.
Now Messi wouldn't have been this good if he had been bought by some other club with a not as good youth academy.

kowenicki said:
ManUtdFan said:

It's amazing United ran City so close for the title when probably only 2 or 3 united players would get in the city 11.

On a side note......

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/big-picture/2011-10-13/worlds-most-popular-football-club-revealed-man-united-liverpool-arsenal-barca-real-or-chelsea

imagine when fregie retires (soon) and it all falls to rat shit.

I'm looking forward to that day.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode