By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Manchester has a title at last!!!!!!!!!!!

Bladeforce said:

zgamer5 15 hours ago sad im late to the party to help kowenicki out! amazing match, amazing comeback, and im so happy manure united got sent home empty handed. on other notes, what people here dont understand is that MONEY DOESNT BUY YOU TITLES

funny that a chelsea fan says money doesnt buy the title when their team bankrolled billions into buying the title. hmm then how did both chelski and manchester chitty do it then?

chelsea werent doing to bad before mourinho came in, yes money helped us get the title, but that season we only conceded around 13 goals and we played exceptionally. If you took the time to read the rest of my post you would have seen that i said that if money buys titles then real madrid would have won every competition every single year, but wait they dont. Also money buys players, and im sure you agree with me that having the best players doesnt mean you have the best team, which brings me back to my point that money helps, but ultimately you need a good team. 

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
kennyrester said:
zgamer5 said:
sad im late to the party to help kowenicki out! amazing match, amazing comeback, and im so happy manure united got sent home empty handed.

on other notes, what people here dont understand is that MONEY DOESNT BUY YOU TITLES. If it did, then the dominance barca had the last 4 years in la liga and in europe would have never happened, because big spender real would have crushed them every single time. football is about being a good team, believing you can win and keeping on playing till the last minute. city came back from an 8 point gap btw them and man u to win the title in amazing fashion. one month ago i told myself that man u were champions but fortunately it didnt happen.

im a chelsea fan and i would have never expected us to reach the champions league, especially because we beat the barca which always have that 12th man advantage on the pitch.

this season i learned that no matter what, if you believe in your team and if you are willing to fight and cheer them on no matter what you can do anything, and a great example of that is montepelier wining ligue 1 in france when two seasons ago they were in ligue 2.

Barcelona have the biggest wage bill of any team in any sport in the world.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal, the last four teams to win the title, are the highest in England, in that order.

Barca spend 15 million a year (that number is from an artcle I read a few years ago so I'm not sure about its accuracy today) on youth development, a bargain considering the value of the players they've produced but still a lot of money. In the last few years they've bought Fabregas for 30m, Villa for 30m and Ibrahimovic for 40m plus Eto'o, so 65m according to their valuation. Feel free to correct me on any of those numbers, they're just off the top of my head. Point is, they spend a shitload of money and they have to to compete in Spain and Europe.

Barcalona did spend a lot of money, but its nothing compared to what madrid spent getting benzema,kaka, ronaldo, and a couple of other players in one year to win nothing the following season. Also barcalone has the biggest wage bill due to its teams performance over the last years.

zgamer5 said:
kennyrester said:
zgamer5 said:
sad im late to the party to help kowenicki out! amazing match, amazing comeback, and im so happy manure united got sent home empty handed.

on other notes, what people here dont understand is that MONEY DOESNT BUY YOU TITLES. If it did, then the dominance barca had the last 4 years in la liga and in europe would have never happened, because big spender real would have crushed them every single time. football is about being a good team, believing you can win and keeping on playing till the last minute. city came back from an 8 point gap btw them and man u to win the title in amazing fashion. one month ago i told myself that man u were champions but fortunately it didnt happen.

im a chelsea fan and i would have never expected us to reach the champions league, especially because we beat the barca which always have that 12th man advantage on the pitch.

this season i learned that no matter what, if you believe in your team and if you are willing to fight and cheer them on no matter what you can do anything, and a great example of that is montepelier wining ligue 1 in france when two seasons ago they were in ligue 2.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/01/revealed-the-worlds-best-paid-teams-man-city-close-in-on-barca-and-real-madrid-010501/

City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal, the last four teams to win the title, are the highest in England, in that order.

Barca spend 15 million a year (that number is from an artcle I read a few years ago so I'm not sure about its accuracy today) on youth development, a bargain considering the value of the players they've produced but still a lot of money. In the last few years they've bought Fabregas for 30m, Villa for 30m and Ibrahimovic for 40m plus Eto'o, so 65m according to their valuation. Feel free to correct me on any of those numbers, they're just off the top of my head. Point is, they spend a shitload of money and they have to to compete in Spain and Europe.

Barcalona did spend a lot of money, but its nothing compared to what madrid spent getting benzema,kaka, ronaldo, and a couple of other players in one year to win nothing the following season. Also barcalone has the biggest wage bill due to its teams performance over the last years.

Barca have the biggest wage bill because their players are able to demand it. If they didn't pay them so much they'd go to a club that would.If I'm understanding you correctly in your last sentence you're saying their wages are so high because of performance related bonuses. I don't know the exact figures but I'm sure that even if they won nothing this year their wage bill would still be one of the highest, if not still the highest, in the world.

Anyway, surely Madrid's success disproves your point? They spent money, as you point out more than Barcelona, now they are the best team in Spain. Of course it takes time, hard work and a good (also very expensive) manager too, but I'd argue that those factors pail in comparison to the importance of money, and I think that has been proven time and time again, by United, Chelsea, Blackburn, City, etc. Look at Newcastle. Great team this year, worked well together, Pardew voted best manager of the season by the LMA. That got them 5th place, 25 points off the top, behind four wealthier clubs.

kowenicki said:
Bladeforce said:

"And dont call me a plonker, united isnt in Manchester.... any more than Oldham and Bury are, the fact that they are in some political map made up in recent times called Greater Manchester doesnt mean it is in Manchester. Ask someone from Salford or Trafford where they come from... they dont say Manchester, they say Salford, Trafford. Now off you trot you bitter red.... and what is Chitty... lol, thats a new one. or do you mean Citeh? "

If you gladly hold on to some old fashioned ideal that manchester is just as it was in the 1950's then maybe thats why you had to buy the title? Move with the times, manchester is one of the most diverse, clutural cities on the planet and if the city went with your ideas obviously would be stuck in the 1960's like chitty are it seems

i forward a link to educate you and hopefully it will enlighten you as to the name manchester and not just a befuggled mindset that chitty fans really have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Manchester

LOL..

I live there... lived here all my life!! what dont you understand?  what in that link is any different to what I said

whats funny is the answer is staring you in the face in the link... look to the right and down a little (the metropolitan map)... see that map and see how trafford, salford and manchester are listed separately...?  getting it yet?

Bury isnt in manchester, nor is Oldham, Rochdale, Trafford or Salford.

And trust me... NOBODY says they come from Greater Manchester, as Greater Manchester is a politically manufactrured extention (1980's) of what is and was Lancashire in ALL of our eyes.  There is no Greater Manchester council, no Greater Manchester mayor... nothing.

get a grip... you are way off here.

once again... I DO NOT SUPPORT CITY... and dont patronise me, I love this City and everything about it, especially how it rebuilt itself to become the second city following the IRA bomb.  Now, where do you come from and who do you support?  a truthful answer would be nice.

So without all the above towns integrated into greater manchester then add on the massive benefits manchester has had from united being successfull for so long do you really think the old manchester would matter anymore without these, NO!

Lets face it whoever you support united have given a lot more to manchester than it's (in your eyes) own team. Without united i bet sheik manboobs wouldnt have even heard of manchester LOL

You'd prefer to have manchester live in the "good old days of 1974" eh? Well you stick to that mate and just be glad there are others that thought different and made manchester as good as you believe it to be today

Edit i forgot to say i dont follow football as i went off it when the money plowed into became obscene and it was taken away from the fans

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

kennyrester said:
zgamer5 said:
kennyrester said:
zgamer5 said:

Barca have the biggest wage bill because their players are able to demand it. If they didn't pay them so much they'd go to a club that would.If I'm understanding you correctly in your last sentence you're saying their wages are so high because of performance related bonuses. I don't know the exact figures but I'm sure that even if they won nothing this year their wage bill would still be one of the highest, if not still the highest, in the world.

Anyway, surely Madrid's success disproves your point? They spent money, as you point out more than Barcelona, now they are the best team in Spain. Of course it takes time, hard work and a good (also very expensive) manager too, but I'd argue that those factors pail in comparison to the importance of money, and I think that has been proven time and time again, by United, Chelsea, Blackburn, City, etc. Look at Newcastle. Great team this year, worked well together, Pardew voted best manager of the season by the LMA. That got them 5th place, 25 points off the top, behind four wealthier clubs.

My point is due to the sucess of barcalona the players can demand higher wages knowing that they will get them. If barca dont give them the demanded wages another club will because they played so well deserving such wages. And yes they do get a lot of bonuses by winning titles, especially the champions league. 

Madrid suceeded 3 years after they had the players which formed their "dream team" this prooves that money doesnt bring titles, it helps by bringing in the talent in order to do so, but ultimately its about being a team(and it took madrid 3 years to reach that point).

I agree with you that money is a factor to winning, but it has always been like this, and i believe that hard work and dedication are greater factors.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

I was hoping that QPR would be able to hold on to it at 2-1. It would have proved in some way that you can't just buy a Premier League title.

(I should note that as a Villa fan I'm a bitter and twisted person)

However  you can...

That's why US sports tend to have salarycaps, revenue sharing and the like.

Honestly, the problem with modern sports is the owners that run them like buisnesses.

Previously sports franchises used to be fancy showoff pieces for rich dudes who didn't care how much money they spent so long as they had their club seats, can bring people in, point to the field and say "I own that"... and god willing post up a championship or two in their corproate offices.

To many people happy running middling franchises for a profit because they can't afford to spend like the crazy billionaires who just wait in the wings to buy off any sports team just to show off.

The economics of Soccer are really quite hilarious in a global economical perspective.

You can't really get away from it either, because the minute you start putting in undue controls, players will just move to Spain or somewhere else.

crissindahouse said:
kowenicki said:

Carl2291 said:
Apparently, Man U's starting 11 in the last 3 games cost more than Man City's.

Ive not done the maths though... But people putting City down for spending mobey are silly.

Rooney. £27m
Young £20m
Ferdinand £30m (most expensive defender in thr world at the time)
Nani £20m
Smalling £12m
Evra £6m
De Gea £17m
Carrick £18m
Valencia £16m

Thats just off the top of my head... City arent the only ones who spend Millions upon Millions.

add in...

Anderson £20m (!!!!??)

Jones £17m

and numerous others that have truned out to be flops (Bebe, Kleberson, Forlan and veron anyone?  combined fees £50m)

and people can see that United havent brought any really decent players through youth for a very long time and they are a buying club.

the difference is, that city is spending more as the whole revenue is. at least in 2009 they did that. revenue was 100 million euro and they spent 120 million pound for new players.   manu doesn't do that. manu has what? 400 million revenue? if the spend 200 million in a few years and city is spending 160 million with 160 million revenue in one year, it's pretty simple to understand the difference.  can't be so hard to understand...

clubs should get a percentual limit of revenue for player transfers. this would make everything much better and wouldn't be such a joke like it is atm in the premier league.. yes, it is a joke if a cub is obviously spending much more as it is economical sustainable.

So your plan is to destroy all competitive balance and make the rich richer.

Funny... from what i've gathered from your politics otherwise you seem like you'd be more of a "Salary Cap/Revenue sharing" type person.