By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Countdown 2012 ~ Now the place to come to cry

What are you looking forward to the most from E3?

The Last of US 109 23.64%

Halo 4 64 13.88%

Assassins Creed 3 3 0.65%

Pikmin 3 14 3.04%

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 5 1.08%

Wii U 176 38.18%

The secret game Geoff Keighley is hyping 5 1.08%

Retro's new project 17 3.69%

GTA V 20 4.34%

Other 43 9.33%

Total:456
turtuls said:
Anyone else been watching past E3 press conferences lately? I just finished watching Sony's 2005 and man was it damn boring with tech specs taking up over half an hour. Though there was a couple cool trailers even if they were found out to later just be CG. Where the hell is Eyedentify and Killing Day Sony???

where's the vitality sensor or milo?

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
turtuls said:
Anyone else been watching past E3 press conferences lately? I just finished watching Sony's 2005 and man was it damn boring with tech specs taking up over half an hour. Though there was a couple cool trailers even if they were found out to later just be CG. Where the hell is Eyedentify and Killing Day Sony???

where's the vitality sensor or milo?

You can blame the testers for both. All the Vitality sensor users were just puting it on their dicks while all the Milo users were doing was showing him their dicks. What the hell is wrong with these testers?????

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Nintendo and Sony should have good shows, not too sure about MS tho

o_O.Q said:
JEMC said:
Sony has announced a lot of new games prior to E3, and given that Sony has been the worst keeping secrets these last years, it's normal that there aren't leaks from them now, there's little to show (apparently).

Also, after what happened with that TT developer, I doubt anyone would risk their job revealing something for the WiiU.

And that leaves us with Microsoft. We know about Halo 4, Fable and Forza, so it's all about 3rd parties... It's either that or that they don't have games.

...so in summary the reason we aren't seeing leaks from people associated with sony and microsoft is because they have nothing to show, but on the other hand the reason we aren't seeing leaks from the wii u is because the people associated with it apparently fear more for their jobs and so aren't leaking any info?

For the Sony my guess is that the unannounced games are all 1st party and the security has been increased to prevent leaks.

With WiiU it's because almost, if not all, 3rd party games will be multiplats, so there's no need to risk your job for that. And Nintendo doesn't have leaks with games.

And Microsoft is the unknown card. We know about the Kinnect Fable, Forza Horizon and Halo 4. There aren't many more 1st party games so that leaves us with 3rd parties games like Ryse. Will we see a new exclusive game? I don't know, but I'm not optimist about it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

One week. Just one more week.

It's almost here!

@Tomb Raider: I'm curious to see what they do with the franchise. Making it more like Uncharted is not bad per se but, will it still be Tomb Raider?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
Nintendo and Sony should have good shows, not too sure about MS tho

T_T Yeah I'm always a bit skeptical about their conference... well I have been ever since the kinect was announced. They seem to now cater their conference to people who don't actually watch it. I doubt people who attend wait ages to find out about kinects new pet simulator. I do hope its different this year... I'd even be happy if the conference mostly concentrated on Halo 4.

For The 4 Of Us who want to watch the Microsoft Media Briefing:

FIRST OF ALL… WHAT IS E3? 

E3 (or the Electronic Entertainment Expo) is the most important videogames show in the world. It’s where all the big news is announced. For videogames, it’s like the Oscars, the World Cup and Christmas all happening at once. It’s pretty big. And it starts on Monday 4th June...

It usually happens in two phases. On the Monday and Tuesday it’s all about the press conferences. All the big console manufacturers and games publishers hold big events to show off their new stuff and grab the headlines. Then from Tuesday afternoon onwards the showfloor itself opens up at the Los Angeles Convention Centre. This is where E3 attendees can see and play all the new games, and also where loads of crazy stuff goes on… 

Most important of all, every year at E3 Xbox holds a press conference (or Media Briefing as it’s sometimes called) where we talk about all the cool stuff that’s coming up in the next year. 

XBOX MEDIA BRIEFING? THAT SOUNDS COOL. CAN I WATCH IT? 

Course you can! You can either sit on an 11 hour flight to LA then scrap with thousands of other journalists to get into the press conference in person. Or you can make a cup of tea, sit back in your favourite chair and watch it live from the comfort of your home. And this year, for the first time EVER, you’ll be able to watch it on Xbox LIVE if you are an Xbox LIVE Gold member!

This year the Xbox E3 2012 Media Briefing takes place at the Galen Center in Los Angeles at 5.30pm UK time on Monday, June 4. It will last for 90 minutes. Here's how you can watch:  

• On your Xbox via Xbox LIVE (Gold members only): The Xbox E3 2012 Media Briefing will be live streamed via an application that you will be able to download on the morning of Monday, June 4.
  • On Xbox.com: You can watch it live and full screen on www.Xbox.com/e3
  • On Facebook: Watch it right here on the Xbox UK Facebook page in our Facebook app, which will go live later this week.
  • On your mobile phone: If you are out and about when the Media Briefing starts, don’t worry! You can also watch it live on your mobile phone via the Facbeook app. Most smartphone handsets should work, including Windows Phone 7, iPhone and selected Android handsets.

Once the press conference is finished you'll be able to catch up, see highlights, or watch it again in its entirety (it will take a little while for the full Media Briefing to be ready for re-viewing): 

• On Xbox LIVE you’ll be able to watch the full media briefing again and highlights via the app. You’ll also be able to see the hottest new trailers and announcements in the E3 experience, which will go live on your dashboard after the Media Briefing ends.  
  • On www.Xbox.com/e3 we'll have highlights and a full archived stream so you can watch the whole thing again.
  • On the Xbox UK Facebook page we'll have highlights and the full stream to watch again.
  • On your mobile phone you’ll be able to see the full stream and highlights via the Facebook app.

WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING AT E3 2012? 

Lots and lots of cool stuff that we’ll be bringing to you on the Xbox UK Facebook page. Look out for the biggest announcements, the hottest new trailers, photos and news direct from the show and the parties, and probably some weird stuff too. 

If you’re interested in other games publishers (like EA or Activision) or even other consoles (we don’t mind. Not much, anyway…) you should check their websites before their press conferences – usually they do live streams too!

Here’s what’s happening and when, all in one handy place for you (we might update this list as more things are announced): 

MONDAY JUNE 4: 

Xbox Media Briefing, Galen Center, LA: 9.30am LA / 5.30pm UK  EA Press Conference: 1pm LA / 8pm UK  Ubisoft Press Conference: 3pm LA / 11pm UK  PlayStation Press Conference: 6pm LA / 2am Tuesday UK  Xbox Showcase Event: 8pm LA / 4am Tuesday UK 

TUESDAY JUNE 5:

Nintendo Press Conference: 9am LA / 5pm UK  E3 Showfloor Opens, LA Convention Center: 12noon LA / 8pm UK  Xbox E3 Booth After Hours Event (presentations and hands-ons):6pm LA / 2am UK  

WEDNESDAY JUNE 6: 

E3 Showfloor Opens, LA Convention Center: 10am LA / 6pm UK

THURSDAY JUNE 7:

By Thursday things are usually winding down, and the showfloor closes on Thursday evening.

Don’t forget – the Xbox UK Facebook page will be out at E3 2012 bringing you the sights, sounds and smells (well, maybe not the smells, but that’s probably for the best) of E3. Stick with us and you won’t miss a thing!

My prediction is that I will dislike Nintendo's show the most. Guranteed probably unless Nintendo announces some real survival horror new IPs which is a fantasy pipe dream.

Also Millenium, I am excited for MS if the 720 is announced and or Bungie shows their new IP.

Things i would love to see at E3 this year are:

New Sonic game that uses the sonic generations engine for the 3DS.
Resident evil downfall for the 3DS confirmed.
New zelda for the 3DS.

Monster Hunter 3G for 3DS confirmed for western release with online play.

On 360/PS3 i would like to see FF versus 13 renamed as FFXV confirmed and Kingdom hearts 3 confirmed (all as multiplatform). Sonic Adventure 3 or Sonic Heroes 2 would also be welcome for me.

New tales of game for the 3DS would be cool aswell but i dont think theres any chance of such an announcement on E3. Its more of a TGS thing.

turtuls said:

Watch MS 2006-2007 E3 conferences....The amount of exclusives they mention is mind blowing...They literally go like this;....'This year we will have from Namco bandai...Katamari and Ace combat'  From Sakaguchi we get 'Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon' then we have also Eternal sonata, Lost Planet, Project Sylpheed, Dead Rising and all of this all from Japan..  From Western studio we have Viva Pinata, Gears of war, Crackdown, and so on...  

Now the MS community would cry in happiness if they announce three exclusive games even when their is only one not using kinect;.

Can MS be awesome again?