By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DSi drops to $100, DSi XL drops to $130 May 20

Tagged games:

No real surprise. I wonder if those units will be phased out of existence in the next year.

I also wonder if the remaining stock of DSlites will be further price reduced. (They seem to keep selling and being restocked at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
No real surprise. I wonder if those units will be phased out of existence in the next year.

I also wonder if the remaining stock of DSlites will be further price reduced. (They seem to keep selling and being restocked at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us).

Mike from Morgantown

I hope so, I planned on getting another DSL on the cheap. This price drop is perfect for that.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I think this price cut, like others in the same circumstances is mainly to appeal to an audience with low income and little kids.

I am actually thinking of getting an XL for 130€. Why? Cause I am not getting a 3DS until after the first redesign.

100.. 130... or 170.

for only $70 to gain the new games and better online system... fuck yeah that's worth it. Only real downside is battery life.

But, I think I'm going to wait for the eventual hardware change... probably announced at this E3 considering 3DS's first year didn't meet Nintendo's expectations.

Around the Network

That and Pokemon ought to sell another million units worldwide!

Love and tolerate.

im pretty sure this is purely to outsell ps2

Salnax said:

Well at this price, I think I'll finally pick one up. Then I'll be getting all of the Pokemon games. So that's one step closer to another million!

insomniac17 said:
Salnax said:

Well at this price, I think I'll finally pick one up. Then I'll be getting all of the Pokemon games. So that's one step closer to another million!

ALL the Pokemon games? Including the spinoffs?

Nintendo loves you.

Love and tolerate.

Hopefully this won't confuse more people as to why they should buy the 3DS.