By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is this even a reason to get banned?

NiKKoM said:
a 7 day ban is for repeat offenders isn't it? that should tell you enough..

My last 3 bans:

-making a thread about Star Wars Kinect metacritic scores

-calling someone's post idiotic

-highlighting 225m loss of Microsoft in the xbox division and what could be the reason, mind you even OP didnt highlight this very important fact.

Around the Network

Hmmm... sounds to harsh to me. You were probably reported by like 5 xbox fanboys though, and the mod in question thought it was the right thing to do to ban you. It is 7 days is because moderations on this site stack up. Simples!

Don't try to act innocent. You knew you were in a serious thread and you knew the pic wasn't constructive. You knew the pic would rile people up. And you knew you had a poor reputation with the users here. You knew what you were getting into, but you took a risk because you thought it was funny. Your ban was deserved.

Turkish said:
NiKKoM said:
a 7 day ban is for repeat offenders isn't it? that should tell you enough..

My last 3 bans:

-making a thread about Star Wars Kinect metacritic scores

-calling someone's post idiotic

-highlighting 225m loss of Microsoft in the xbox division and what could be the reason, mind you even OP didnt highlight this very important fact.

I don't remember most of them, but it's not the what you said that matters here, but how you said it, probably.

RolStoppable said:
Turkish said:

I believe the content of my comments in no way flame or troll any company or console. I didn't know funny material could be this sensitive here.

Regardless, both forums are gaming oriented, there shouldn't be this big difference in moderation between the 2. Its pretty harsh to ban someone  for 7 days over a stupid picture.

Well, your belief is wrong. People are joking (or maybe not) that you work for Sony.

You should be well aware of your own moderation history. If not, you can look it up on your profile. I am pretty sure you are a repeat offender, hence why a picture can get you banned for a week.

I'm not a member of the church of Ps3ology. Anyways, I ask advice of thee long standing member: should I remove Ken Kuturagi from my sig? It could be pretended as offensive, the guy was on fire with his comments years ago wasn't he?

Around the Network

This is not a complain thread btw people, I'm back for a couple days now, I was bored and this struck me suddenly, slow evening now and I just had an exam.

Hah, and I was about to post that picture before I saw you had already.

Sal.Paradise said:
Hah, and I was about to post that picture before I saw you had already.

LOL, do u know the guy MVPDeadlyMessiahNY on youtube? So much entertainment lol.

Well this is a board mostly with people from the US

U aren't allowed to diss the 360 - Its not even tolerated on gamefaqs.com for example.
But you can bash and flame the PS3 and NIntendo stuff as much as you want - But say Uncharted 3 is better than Star Wars Kinect or Fable Heroes and you get banned.
Its complete different on Asian boards and on European boards you are allowed to say nearly everything.

I would have banned you just for being Turkish. But, that's probably why I'm not a mod. However, I would pay attention to what Rol is telling you.