By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Abrahamic Religions make No Sense

Religion has always been man made. What is the sun? GOD! any question we couldn't answer was god. Our religion has only got a little smarter through time. Once we understood something then we made up a new god. No one has a clue and really it comes down to feelings. It's nice and comfortable to know there is a afterlife. So all in all, it's like the guy that knows his girl is a little slutty but won't believe that she is because the truth hurts. So after years of her cheating and him getting every wind of it, he won't believe until he walks in on it.

How many religions out? About 4,000 and you think yours is special, yet has contridiction after contridiction. Science is the only true path forward. You want the truth, if your religious, you can't handle the truth. You rather pretend that there is a god and your choice of god as well. I'm not saying there isn't one but god could be anything, the beginning of spacetime. Non intelligent but the spark or the infinite that has always been.

So it comes down to self Importance and feelings. without god some would feel useless, is this because of there tradition or insecurities. We will never know why people are so stupid to think the earth is 6,000 years old but there are a lot of stupid people. Also lets not forget all the money made off stupity.

The late George Carlin says it the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o&feature=player_embedded

Around the Network
spaceguy said:
Religion has always been man made. What is the sun? GOD! any question we couldn't answer was god. Our religion has only got a little smarter through time. Once we understood something then we made up a new god. No one has a clue and really it comes down to feelings. It's nice and comfortable to know there is a afterlife. So all in all, it's like the guy that knows his girl is a little slutty but won't believe that she is because the truth hurts. So after years of her cheating and him getting every wind of it, he won't believe until he walks in on it.

How many religions out? About 4,000 and you think yours is special, yet has contridiction after contridiction. Science is the only true path forward. You want the truth, if your religious you can't handle the truth. You rather pretend that there is a god and you choice of god as well. I'm not saying there isn't one but god could be anything, the beginning of spacetime. Non intelligent but the spark or the infinite that has always been.

So it comes down to self Importance and feelings. without god some would feel useless, is this because of there tradition or insecurities. We will never know why people are so stupid to think the earth is 6,000 years old but there are a lot of stupid people. Also lets not forget all the money made off stupity.

While I do agree with pretty much everything that you say, there is never a reason to call religious people stupid. Their parents/educational system/random events made them believe in God. Many atheists are more "stupid" than religious people.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
spaceguy said:

How many religions out? About 4,000 and you think yours is special, yet has contridiction after contridiction. Science is the only true path forward. You want the truth, if your religious you can't handle the truth. You rather pretend that there is a god and you choice of god as well. I'm not saying there isn't one but god could be anything, the beginning of spacetime. Non intelligent but the spark or the infinite that has always been.

While I do agree with pretty much everything that you say, there is never a reason to call religious people stupid. Their parents/educational system/random events made them believe in God. Many ateists are more "stupid" than religious people.

I'm agnostic but I will give there is dumb people f'ing everywhere. LOL No matter what they believe.
 However I must add that they went out and asked atheists and christians about christianity and atheist knew more. http://open.salon.com/blog/oesheepdog/2010/09/28/athiests_know_more_about_god_then_evangelical_christians_do This has happened over and over in many different tests.

People believe in what they believe for social reasons and not because they actually know anything about what they believe,

Makes you wonder what's the point of Earth. Why not just send people straight to Heaven or Hell? If God already knows what you're going to do, why not just skip out on Earth altogether?

And if someone in Hell complains that they would have acted good on Earth, just have God tell them they would not have. That's enough evidence. Because God doesn't lie, right? Right? RIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHT?!?

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

God is almighty, and He has every single ability that one may think of. This obviously includes the ablity to see the future, to flawlessly predict everything that will happen in this universe. God is aware of everything.

This makes you wonder though: If God really is almighty, then doesn't He already know who will end up in heaven and who will end up in hell? Would He not be able to predict every single good deed and sin that you will commit throughout your life, even before you were born? I mean, how could He not know?

As I see it, God is currently watching us go through happiness and misery just for the hell of it. He knows exactly how evil will affect all humans involved and He has the ability to stop it. He already knows how every single human will use their free (yet, by God, predictable) will, so it's not up to us to do anything about our situation.

Our fate is in God's hands. Period.

If god is almighty and can 100% predict the future, I'd be rather interested in knowing why he allowed that 6 year old girl to be raped in Amsterdam last week.

If he was real and I'd die and meet this al knowing person the only thing I'd have for him was a middle finger. Sorry, but it's the truth... I wonder if he'd strike me down, him being so mighty and all to predict that I would give him the finger...

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

If God knows everything at once then he already has a list of every single sin and good deed that you ever will commit. That list is affected by Him and Him only, assuming that he is almighty.

Good deeds and sins are man made. God presents you a path as does the devil. You choose. In neither case does anyone take that away from you.
That`s why you are responsible for your actions.

Freewill versus determinism is a pretty ancient debate

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

DélioPT said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

If God knows everything at once then he already has a list of every single sin and good deed that you ever will commit. That list is affected by Him and Him only, assuming that he is almighty.

Good deeds and sins are man made. God presents you a path as does the devil. You choose. In neither case does anyone take that away from you.
That`s why you are responsible for your actions.

But God already knows about everything that you will choose before you are born. So what is the purpose of hell? Did God just create a few humans that are destined to commit sins and go there once they die? It makes no sense.

We are God's slaves.

Yeah I agree, it doesn't really make much sense. I tried asking about it (honestly) once, got the old "that's stuff you shouldn't be thinking about" answer.

Maybe God does already know what's going to happen but doesn't do anything to correct it. That would make more sense to me, if I were a religious person.

A bit off topic, I remember that one thread (non-religious) that argued we had no free will, I remember the OP had a point. It was a cool way of looking at things at the very least.