By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Abrahamic Religions make No Sense

NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
spurgeonryan said:
Yep. He knows all. Now repent!

Just because he knows what will happen does not mean we did not make those choices. He just knows that we will make those choices. How does that equal we have no free will?

If he is almighty then he knows whether you will end up in heaven or hell the second (and before that) you are born. Your free will can't change that.

You are taking it out of proportion.

How, exactly? I think it makes perfect sense :S

Almighty > free will

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Almighty > free will

You said you were a Chrisitan, right? That means you had to of read the Bible, right? Well, I'm pretty sure you have heard of the story of Adam and Eve, then.

NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Almighty > free will

You said you were a Chrisitan, right? That means you had to of read the Bible, right? Well, I'm pretty sure you have heard of the story of Adam and Eve, then.

Indeed I have, I still know that story by heart.

Point is though: God was aware that Eve would taste the apple before she choose to. How else would we be able to call Him almighty?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Almighty > free will

Point is though: God was aware that Eve would taste the apple before she choose to. How else would we be able to call Him almighty?

It was also her decision. God didn't want her to eat the Apple.

BasilZero said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Almighty > free will

Almighty =/= free will

Their not the same.

He is almighty because he knows what will happen, but doesnt mean he will intervene to a certain extent which will affect free will decisions (at least not all the time is what I believe ;p).

True, that was an incorrect equation, but fact remains that an almighty being should be able to predict your future choices/decisions.

And about him intervering: When he predicts the future then his interventions are part of the equation :P

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

But he knew she would.

Thus, his plan was for the Earth (and evil) to exist all along.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Bolded: And before they were even born, God was aware of every single action that they'd made until the day they die. He could have interfered and changed history, but even then he would be aware of the consequences of that interference.

Underlined: Thanks, and yeah, I don't see a reason to bash anything. I believe that the world is determined, after all, and complaining won't change anything for the better.

Instead of dividing people between "good and evil" I have chosen the "fortunate and unfortunte"-scale. In other words: Instead of being angry with people that I think are wrong I feel sorry for them.

I don't really understand why people find it so hard to accept the fact that god can allow humanity to make their own choice, and even though he knows the outcome of those choices he chooses not to interfere.

I mean yes it would seem harsh if god just sent us down to earth and just expected us to do good by ourselves. But god has given us guidance in the form of the books and prophets. Now its just the simple idea of doing out best in living a good life and getting a good outcome. And above all we have intelligence to see in general to recognise what is bad and what is good.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

But he knew she would.

Thus, his plan was for the Earth (and evil) to exist all along.

He knew we weren't perfect. He wouldn't interven with that. It was her decision even though she was warned not to.

UltimateUnknown said:

I don't really understand why people find it so hard to accept the fact that god can allow humanity to make their own choice, and even though he knows the outcome of those choices he chooses not to interfere.

I mean yes it would seem harsh if god just sent us down to earth and just expected us to do good by ourselves. But god has given us guidance in the form of the books and prophets. Now its just the simple idea of doing out best in living a good life and getting a good outcome. And above all we have intelligence to see in general to recognise what is bad and what is good.

Underlined: If he chooses not to interfere, then why do people pray for his guidance/aid?

Bolded: Not everyone does. Some people live their entire lives isolated from Abrahamic religions.

And he doesn't expect us to do good, he knows exactly what we will do.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Underlined: If he chooses not to interfere, then why do people pray for his guidance/aid?

Bolded: Not everyone does. Some people live their entire lives isolated from Abrahamic religions.

And he doesn't expect us to do good, he knows exactly what we will do.

Because he is a caring God. He understands we need forgiveness and guidance.