By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favourite Melee Character?

Apologies and feel free to press the ignore button if this has been done before.

All this talk about the iminent  arrival of Brawl is making me nostalgic.  Of course any self respecting fan will obliged to test drive all the new characters in Brawl when it finally arrives but the question is, who was your favourite character in Melee and why?

For me it was Samus.  The combination of speed, strength, long range throw and wonderful manoeuverability in the air allowed me to lay many a smack down. Think you could've taken me?

No grand predictions, i'm just looking forward to playing some good games on my Wii.

Around the Network

pikachu, he rocks.
but if somebody else chose pikachu i chose donkey kong because I could beat pikachu with him

Marth.

He was unstoppable in 1v1 combat.

And now they give me the opposite: slow and heavy Ike. Oh well, it gives me an opportunity to try the new characters.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Link:
His many projectile attacks and his strong Down-A and Up-A moves, as well as his hookshot, made me nearly unstoppable.

strangely, my favorite character was Yoshi. I know a lot of people says it sucks, but i still liked using it. I never really played again st other people, so maybe thats why i didn't feel a need to pick a better character. Plus Yoshi is pretty much my favorite Nintendo character, so ya.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network

Shiek, I was unstoppable, I had clocked over 700 hours with just her alone.

Wow, 700 hours? I'd have to dig out my old cube memory card to find out how much time i've clocked but i'd doubt it's anywhere near that much.

I'm not worthy..... 

No grand predictions, i'm just looking forward to playing some good games on my Wii.

Id say Fox or Kirby >.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Samus definitely. She was a bit cheap with the bomb jumps, extended grapple trick, and wall jumping...but that's why I won all the time hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I was basically unstoppable with Sheik, she was way too fast for guys like Link and Marth.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.