By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Sony Computer Entertainment is recording a teaser for a future Killzone game" , e3 annoucment ?

Tagged games:

DirtyP2002 said:
Is it just me or have there been quite a lot Killzones lately. I don't get why GG keeps working on it. It is not even that popular. Move on to something else.

Only 3, 2 on PS3 and one on PSP. But 2 more are in development, so I guess it is a lot. 

And you're in luck, they are moving on. Aswell as working on the KZ series they're working on a new IP.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Is it just me or have there been quite a lot Killzones lately. I don't get why GG keeps working on it. It is not even that popular. Move on to something else.

This gen has thus far produced less (home console) Killzone titles than:

Call of Duty

Forza

Halo

Mario

Uncharted

Gears of War

Fable

Assassin's Creed

Need for Speed

Resistance

Mass Effect

Just Dance

The list goes on. (2) titles in 3+ years isn't that bad, plus they consistently sell over 2M, which is hardly considered "Not that popular" since most games that sell less get sequels.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I really enjoyed Killzone's 2 and 3, so hopefully this game will be just as good (and on the Vita!)

Euphoria14 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Call of Duty

Forza

Halo

Mario

Uncharted

Gears of War

Fable

Assassin's Creed

Need for Speed

Resistance

Mass Effect

Just Dance

The list goes on. (2) titles in 3+ years isn't that bad, plus they consistently sell over 2M, which is hardly considered "Not that popular" since most games that sell less get sequels.

I really liked the games but i agree with DirtyP2002, the games arent that popular, and after the bad experiences users had with KZ2, i dont see many going back to it.

From a business perspective they need to drop KZ next gen and go with something new. So hopefully this is for current gen.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

SnakeDrake said:
How can they follow-up after what happened at the end of KZ3

Something is telling me that you didn't watch what happens after the "ending" :)

Around the Network

I actually consider the writing in the Killzone to be some of the best in the FPS genre, but hat may be because the writing quality bar is so low.

DirtyP2002 said:

where's that guy who jumped on me for saying this site thinks 2-3 million is "not selling well".......yeah I present you exhibit A

Shinobi-san said:
Euphoria14 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Call of Duty

Forza

Halo

Mario

Uncharted

Gears of War

Fable

Assassin's Creed

Need for Speed

Resistance

Mass Effect

Just Dance

I really liked the games but i agree with DirtyP2002, the games arent that popular, and after the bad experiences users had with KZ2, i dont see many going back to it.

From a business perspective they need to drop KZ next gen and go with something new. So hopefully this is for current gen.

define *not that popular* The game sold 2.24 million copies,it's obviously popular enough for them to make more sequels. If  you were talking about the last duke nukem game and maybe the last twisted metal game,to a certain extent,then you might have a legitmate point.

As long as they're also working on that new IP, then I'm fine, and so should all of you for that matter. Nothing to be worried about.

Besides, I think the Killzone franchise has a lot of potential anyways.

I don't see why some of though it possible for Sony to drop the Killzone IP. It's their fifth biggest IP. Maybe fourth if KZ3 is still ahead od LBP2.

oldschoolfool said:
Shinobi-san said:
Euphoria14 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Call of Duty

Forza

Halo

Mario

Uncharted

Gears of War

Fable

Assassin's Creed

Need for Speed

Resistance

Mass Effect

Just Dance

define *not that popular* The game sold 2.24 million copies,it's obviously popular enough for them to make more sequels. If  you were talking about the last duke nukem game and maybe the last twisted metal game,to a certain extent,then you might have a legitmate point.

I just think the expectations were higher for a game like Killzone 3. I mean the game is really good, single player was relatively good, and the multiplayer was great, production values are high, its hard to fault the game. And its in one of the most popular genres at the moment..to me 2.23 m copies for a sequel which really improves greatly over its predecesor is not a good sign of strength for the franchise. I mean killzone 2 sold almost 3 mil, i doubt KZ3 will even manage to get there. Not to mention the game is critically acclaimed as well. So what i ask myself is why doesnt it sell as well as some of the other blockbuster shooters?

And imo its because of the bad experience people had with KZ2. Most gamers i speak to link Killzone with horribly laggy controls, personally i got use to it, but clearly im not the majority. And if i look at the sales of KZ3, people didnt seem to bothered to go back to it and it certainly didnt grow the franchise.

I think Sony can allocate the resources of GG to a new IP for next gen...start something fresh, and go for a much bigger market instead of limiting your market to the ~2mil people willing to buy a killzone game. I just dont see the franchise having much growth. But hey if Sony is happy with 2mil sales then thats their thing. I just think they should aim higher given the resources that i assume is allocated to creating a game of such high standard.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|