By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - thatgamecompany to announce new game this year, and negotiating with new partners

Tagged games:

That's fantastic news! Well Playdead is currently working on a new title, perhaps it's a collaboration with TGC... Journey + Limbo creation? .... XD no? ... I think that'd be too much of a good thing.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:

I remember hearing they were planing to go multiplatform. They will probably go with EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. It will be interesting to see how much more success they can achieve without being bound to a single platform.

Activision does not give a damn about PSN/XBLA games.   So most probably EA or Ubisoft will pick them.

axumblade said:
Sal.Paradise said:
axumblade said:
Sal.Paradise said:

To both of you: 

Oh, I agree about Ubisoft by the way, they'd be the best fit of the 3.

Those are companies that EA owned. Not companies that EA published for. There is a difference.

Both situations where EA has ultimate control over the games that are to be made. Unless thatgamecompany somehow have pulling power to boss about the people that fund them. (protip: they won't under EA). 

lol and you think Activision will be any different? As I said before, I think Ubisoft would be the smartest company to go with. They seem to dick around with their developers a lot less than most others.

Activision won't be much better but at this point I'd trust them with a game more than I'd trust EA.

As I said before though, Ubi seems like the best of the 3 yes.

It's possible they went back to Sony. Like how David Cage went back.

Heavenly_King said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I remember hearing they were planing to go multiplatform. They will probably go with EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. It will be interesting to see how much more success they can achieve without being bound to a single platform.

Activision does not give a damn about PSN/XBLA games.   So most probably EA or Ubisoft will pick them.

Purhapes the That Game Company wants to leave niche digital download gaming behind them and join the full retail big leagues. Who knows what their plans are? For all we know their next game could be an FPS.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
kain_kusanagi said:

This! yous think activision gives a sht about petty change?

a few mill from an indi game? call of duty, nuff said

R* my friends, or at least Take 2, they have high quality standards and have no problem delaying games to ensure they are of high quality.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!