By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - thatgamecompany to announce new game this year, and negotiating with new partners

Tagged games:

Sal.Paradise said:

To both of you: 

Oh, I agree about Ubisoft by the way, they'd be the best fit of the 3.

What the hell? Bioware? They have there best games under EA.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
Sal.Paradise said:

To both of you: 

My opinion and view of EA and Bioware's games in particular are just so diametrically different to yours that I don't think this discussion is even worth having. Needless to say, I feel that Bioware's very worst games have been those produced since they were acquired by EA. Mass Effect was the last great game they released. I understand you'll feel very differently about this, but lets not turn this into an EA hate thread, because I know I will if this goes on. So I'll stop posting off topic after this comment, I guess. 

Sal.Paradise said:
AndrewWK said:
Sal.Paradise said:

To both of you: 

My opinion and view of EA and Bioware's games in particular are just so diametrically different to yours that I don't think this discussion is even worth having. Needless to say, I feel that Bioware's very worst games have been those produced since they were acquired by EA. Mass Effect was the last great game they released. I understand you'll feel very differently about this, but lets not turn this into an EA hate thread, because I know I will if this goes on. So I'll stop posting off topic after this comment, I guess. 

OK

Ubisoft could be a good partner but they tend to milk franchises.

axumblade said:
Sal.Paradise said:
AndrewWK said:

Activision might be a problematic partner, and except of the Call of Duty franchise they have no good games at all. But they have money and everybody loves money. So we´ll see. I personally hope for EA.

I hope you're joking. I'd prefer Activision to EA. 

While I don't think either would be ideal, EA at least have had some decent partnerships over the past few years. Activision? Not so much...I think Ubisoft would be most accommodating of the stylistic games that thatgamecompany release...

Fully agree with you.

axumblade said:
Sony should have bought them while they had the chance. They have made some of the best experiences for the PSN. :p

how do you buy sth that's not for sale huh?

Around the Network

Sony missed their chance with this company, but I hope they enjoy their new publishing deal, I'd imagine other publisher's would be quite wary of them though, they only developed 3 games this hole generation, it took them a year to port the Flash player game flow to PS3 and another year after that to port it to the PSP, Flower and Journey took 3 years to develop and some of their top staff and founders are leaving the studio

Lafiel said:
axumblade said:
Sony should have bought them while they had the chance. They have made some of the best experiences for the PSN. :p

Everything is for sale

AndrewWK said:
Lafiel said:
axumblade said:

Everything is for sale

yep, and everyone has a price.

Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.

I'm curious to see how the game ends up in general. Flow was cool but was mostly just a flash game, wasn't until Flower that things started being amazing, and Sony Santa Monica started being in the credits for that game as well. How much they helped is anyone's guess, and hence I'm curious how the next game ends up.

axumblade said:
Sal.Paradise said:

To both of you: 

Those are companies that EA owned. Not companies that EA published for. There is a difference.

Both situations where EA has ultimate control over the games that are to be made. Unless thatgamecompany somehow have pulling power to boss about the people that fund them. (protip: they won't under EA).