By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo develop more "Mature" rated games?

Tagged games:

o_O.Q said:

he knows what i'm talking about and my post was directed at him 

on the other hand i find it amusing though that you didn't ask him that

Because I know exactly what he's talking about, it's not ambiguous. ;) You exhibit a pattern, the post he quoted being one entry in the pattern.

With the comments here that you "learned from", there is so much diversity it's hard to even know who you're taking about, and what that opinion is.

Here was your original post, just reeking with bias:

"i've learned a lot from this thread... apparently "mature" content is separate from "quality" content, nintendo is apparently one of the rare companies still producing this "quality" content and those who appreciate mature content in reality are immature and appreciate that content because they desire to grow up... pretty interesting"

I don't remember quotes saying this, and if they did, some others here are challenging the pre-established views. You, on the other hand, never help.

--------------------------------------

Anyways, irrespective of the platform, games that focus on gore, violence and sexuality to give value to their game are not catering to the adults I was referring to, and that is not a level of mature that is very respected in any circle of any media industry. Much more important things matter in terms of things that cater to the adult mind and emotions.

So what is you PoV anyways? You want sex and gore and believe that's what adults truly want? Get real.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
o_O.Q said:

he knows what i'm talking about and my post was directed at him 

on the other hand i find it amusing though that you didn't ask him that

Because I know exactly what he's talking about, it's not ambiguous. ;) You exhibit a pattern, the post he quoted being one entry in the pattern.

With the comments here that you "learned from", there is so much diversity it's hard to even know who you're taking about, and what that opinion is.

Here was your original post, just reeking with bias:

"i've learned a lot from this thread... apparently "mature" content is separate from "quality" content, nintendo is apparently one of the rare companies still producing this "quality" content and those who appreciate mature content in reality are immature and appreciate that content because they desire to grow up... pretty interesting"

I don't remember quotes saying this, and if they did, some others here are challenging the pre-established views. You, on the other hand, never help.

"With the comments here that you "learned from", there is so much diversity it's hard to even know who you're taking about, and what that opinion is.

Here was your original post, just reeking with bias:"

you're contradicting yourself, if you're indeed unsure of what i'm talking about and what my opinion is, how, therefore, can you say my comments are "reeking with bias"? It has to be one or the other it can't be both

o_O.Q said:

"With the comments here that you "learned from", there is so much diversity it's hard to even know who you're taking about, and what that opinion is.

you're contradicting yourself, if you're indeed unsure of what i'm talking about and what my opinion is, how, therefore, can you say my comments are "reeking with bias"? It has to be one or the other it can't be both

I didn't say I didn't understand what you were saying, I said I didn't understand what your opinion was, mostly who you were referring to.

And contradiction or not, it reaks with bias. ;)

happydolphin said:
o_O.Q said:

I didn't say I didn't understand what you were saying, I said I didn't understand what your opinion was, mostly who you were referring to.

And contradiction or not, it reaks with bias. ;)

"I didn't say I didn't understand what you were saying, I said I didn't understand what your opinion was"

...thats what an opinion is ...what someone says or in other words an expression of their beliefs on something

" contradiction or not, it reaks with bias. ;)"

well first off if i've ever at any time given the impression that i'm not biased i apologise for that... in fact from my perspective everyone has a bias to one side or another

but regardless how was what i posted originally biased?

o_O.Q said:

well first off if i've ever at any time given the impression that i'm not biased i apologise for that... in fact from my perspective everyone has a bias to one side or another

Fair enough. It was biased mostly because it was a very sweeping statement, and it follows in your pattern of calling out on Nintendo fanboyism.

Instead of doing that, taking a more proactive approach, why not quote a specific post and give a retort, a good one.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
o_O.Q said:

Fair enough. It was biased mostly because it was a very sweeping statement, and it follows in your pattern of calling out on Nintendo fanboyism.

Instead of doing that, taking a more proactive approach, why not quote a specific post and give a retort, a good one.

i wouldn't say that posting bits of what was posted prior can be seen as a very sweeping statement, however, i'd say that posting pics of little kids with xboxs and using that to classify the main audience for M rated games to be a sweeping statement

o_O.Q said:

i wouldn't say that posting bits of what was posted prior can be seen as a very sweeping statement, however, i'd say that posting pics of little kids with xboxs and using that to classify the main audience for M rated games to be a sweeping statement

Fair enough, but does it bring out a truth nevertheless? Could even grownups who buy such pulpy games be adults who never really grew up? Children in adult form?

It's just an idea, but contrast pulp with topics of politics, whitty humor, intrigue and regular character relationships (like in the real world), it paints a very different picture of what non-gamer adults would likely be looking for.

That's what I was trying to show, and the opinion that posted kids with adult games isn't too far from a similar root cause.

I'm too old to care about ratings but I won't say no to more mature games like Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness.

PSwii60 said:
IamAwsome said:
PSwii60 said:
More? Has Nintendo even ever developed a Rated 'M' game?

"Not sure if serious"

I can't think of one right now, but when has Nintendo as a first party ever developed a Rate 'M' game?

The closest they came to that was Disaster. Nintendo owns Monolith, and it probably would have been M rated if it made it over.