By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 10 million sellers

Nice Call of duty Domiantion.

Black Ops 2 aswell

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
shanbcn said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
I dont think that GT5 is going to get to 10 Million + unless the game becomes heavily bundled with the console since sales are at max 35k per week so would take a long time to make the 2.5 million jump to the milestone.

Sadly i think the next COD and the one after that etc are shoe-in's for the mark, which is a shame but fair enough!

GT5 will atleast be at 8.5 and more likely 8.7m even without bundles at the end of this year. Its 100% sure to hit 10m just like GTA4, and many people said GTA4 will not hit 10m also.

But GTA IV is currently at 9.06 million and unless a lot of people will buy the game when GTA V releases i doubt this will pass the mark either... It has been a while since it released remember so basically will barely be selling any!

Edit: And i love how on the table above it says the game is made by Capcom lol

GTA4 is selling 1m every year and looks like it will sell another 1m this year so 10m is a lock. GT5 will be at 8.7m at the end of the year. So GT5 will pass 10m early 2014 even if sales declines. Must likely GT5 will sell 10m by end of next year.

Marks said:
GTAV and Black Ops 2 are the only guarantees I think. But yeah GTAIV should rumble on and make it, same with GT5 maybe (especially once it drops to like $20 if it isn't already). I don't know if MW2 will though, it only needs 110k but who the hell buys it new anymore?

MW2 2012 sales 146k, so another 3-4 months before it passes 10m.

There's quite a few franchises on the bubble of reaching that level, alot of 5-6m franchises that with a boost could hit that 10m level. by the end of this gen I think the cods could be hitting 15m, so 10m would be more achievable than in the past.

Battlefield 4-bf3 looks like it could hit 7-8m lifetime, the next installment assuming its on ps3 has a very good chance of hitting 10m

Gta5-not much to say here it's a definite 10m maybe even a 15m.

AC3-it would have to double its previous entries numbers to get close but if any franchise is on the bubble of supreme popularity it's this one.

Uncharted- I believe if Sony wishes to continue this franchise to next gen they should bundle the uncharted trilogy edition with a lot of ps3s in its last year before the ps4. Not the ideal way to hit 10m but it's how Microsoft made halo so popular.

Resident evil 6- like AC it's definitely on the bubble while this next installment might not hit 10m it'll be very close. A definite 6m plus ,likely higher.

Gt5 should hit it in a year or two.

I'd like to see them bundle lbp as well once that game goes 3d (like super Mario galaxy etc) it'll be a lot bigger IMO

All stars battle royals is a wild card here I could see it struggle to do 1m I could also see it doing quite well and hitting smash bros level sales, not quite 10m but very well nonetheless .

Of course we have 2-3 more cods to pass 10m.

If I was Sony I would really try to push 1-2 franchises each gen, they pushed GT on ps2 and look what happened. This gen they should have focused on lbp and uncharted and turned those into 10m+ franchises with excessive marketing and bundles. Then next gen they would have had 3 huge bankable franchises. And they could bundle other IPs like killzone or GOW to grow their popularity next gen and so on.

I hope someone is joking saying Last Guardian will be a 5+ million seller. Really?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
NotStan said:

Because the comment would be something like "All Stars will outsell SSMB now B_E_L_I_E_V_E". Nah there are some reasonable posts, but a lot of the time arguing with those is like throwing a tennis ball at the brick wall, yes you're hitting it, but the wall is not budging, no matter how compelling your argument is.

Oh yeah... I get it now. So... it's disgraceful?

no you silly butt. No wonder you're bad at mafia.

It's "X will happen. My evidence is that i believe in it"

You say it about things that are dramatic (only for ps3 though), like PS3 will become #1 lifetime WW in 2013, now B_E_L_I_E_V_E

or, ps3 to dominate this year NO MATTER WHAT, now B_E_L_I_E_V_E

It's not a joke, but it's facetious. Look that word up

AC3 could of had a chance but instead Ubsolf went COD and released a new game every year. Shows how last is more.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

theprof00 said:

You say it about things that are dramatic (only for ps3 though), like PS3 will become #1 lifetime WW in 2013, now B_E_L_I_E_V_E

It's disgraceful. It used to be Sony's Motto now you guys use it for everything that is blown out of proportion. 

This late in the generation it will be hard, as new IP's sell less and sequels have less and less differentiating themselves.

Blacks Ops 2 probably will.
GTA V probably not.

NintendoPie said:
theprof00 said:

It's disgraceful. It used to be Sony's Motto now you guys use it for everything that is blown out of proportion. 

What? That's not Sony's motto.