By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Update* Media Create Sales: Week 17 - April 23-29

SnakeDrake said:
how come no one noticed that kingdom hearts on the 3ds just disappeared

Rank 16 ;)

Around the Network
VicViper said:

But, btw... look at the user score of Ciel no surge!

I knew RE: ORC was considered bad, but Ciel no Surge is really THAT bad?

Apparenty there's a few pretty bad bugs that need to be patched.

cyberninja45 said:
smbu2000 said:

You do get a very slight discount on the bundles as well from almost every retailer.

The inclusion of SMB VC is printed right on the box and it's hard not to notice it.

As for the cleaning cloth, some retailers have a sample cloth of the one included with the MH3G bundle on display right next to the box, so you can see how it looks/feels.

Of it will be printed on the box and yes, customers will probably still be unaware of it/or at most won't pay much attention to it( should of been a bit clearer). I'm sure the cleaning cloth pack-in is printed on the MH boxes to.

And no this won't influence customers decisions of what game they want to play buying the handheld, lolz. An upfront 1000yen discount might.

Edit: did some converting and 1000yen is something like $9 dollars($12 if you do direct conversion I think). So I think a bit more,say like 2000yen discount on the bundles is needed to influence people's first game purchase.

You need to bear in mind the marketing power. Even if there is no discount, or a mere 1.000 yen discount, if people believe is good value, and the fact that it's bundled makes it more exposed to the costumer, there is a tiny boost, just from marketing.

oni-link said:
You know the Vita sales are bad when people seem to be celebrating when it hits 12K in weekly sales!!!

12K is 4K better than 8K.

wait, wait, hold up

the Monster Hunter and Super Mario are both still bundled in Japan? and both bundles are cheaper than the cheapest Vita sku.... lol that's funny

Around the Network
Paul said:
oni-link said:
You know the Vita sales are bad when people seem to be celebrating when it hits 12K in weekly sales!!!

12K is 4K better than 8K.

Hence my statement saying how bad things have become when people celebrate the Vita selling at 12K units. Can't believe how low expectations have gone for the system is all I am saying. I wonder how long it'll take before companies start downporting their games to the 3DS just to recoup the losses incurred with the Vita?

ORC FW almost > Revelations known LTD

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

spurgeonryan said:
What games would they downport?

Well the only 2 games I am really interested in the PSV are Dragon's Crown and Little King Story 2.  Both games I believe could easily be downported to run on the 3DS with little to no apparent loss in content.  I loved Cadash as a kid and DC is the spiritual successor to that game and LKS was such a pleasure to experience that I look forward to a sequel on Nintendo's now capable hardware.  Everything else either does not interest me or over the 3DS capabilities (games like UC:GA but so far those games are few or hard to find on the Vita).

PhantomLink said:

ORC FW almost > Revelations known LTD

LOL...you know what that's true isn't it?  Oh and doesn't that mean ORC FW almost > Uncharted: GA (PSV best game and best seller) LTD also?  Just saying?

logic56 said:
wait, wait, hold up

the Monster Hunter and Super Mario are both still bundled in Japan? and both bundles are cheaper than the cheapest Vita sku.... lol that's funny

Yup, and both games are almost outselling all PSV SKUs weekly. Japanese know where good value is ;)

Or should I use another logic?