By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War Ascention sell more than God of War 3?

It depends on how epic it is, the titans in GOW3 were almost mindblowing with that kind of scale but more of them would be great. If they cant make it more epic and with a more engrossing story then GOW3 they might as well cancel it now

Around the Network

No. God of War is a growing franchise but Ascension will be hurt by being released so late in a generation.

But it will come very close to God of War 3 and is guaranteed to sell over 4 million lifetime.

God of War 3 sold purely on its single player experience. If it wants to outsell GOW3, Ascension needs an exceptionally strong campaign, and by that I mean a campaign that is longer than 8 hours. Multiplayer will not help sell this game. All it will do is stop some people from trading it in once they've completed the game.

yep, Ascension will sell more.

As a prequel, released so late this generation, it will likely sell less than its predecessor (but close to GoW 3 sales). But, an epic multiplayer mode (if Santa Monica do it right) can really make it happen.

Around the Network

will sell more that 3 LT aswell as 1st week, 1st week by a larger margin, no problem

Play Me

It will sell more. I have no doubt about it.

I think it will sell less but not by much. At least 4m.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Depends on how good the single player is. I think that, when GoW2 was released, the 360 was already out and the PS3 already had a release date. I could be wrong, though. I don't think that will be the case, this time. Yeah, the Wii U will be released but I don't think it's going to have much effect on this particular game.

I don't think Ascension will sell more than GoW 3, for two main reasons.
Firstly, it's a prequel and it's releasing late in the generation. Secondly, the multiplayer isn't going to bring a lot of sales, because God Of War is an established franchise, and new people won't buy it just for the online.