By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will outsell Smash Bros

AndrewWK said:
d21lewis said:

The last time a bunch of Playstation mascots got together.

Wait what?

When was this released?

Hell, I can't even remember.  I was just reading the thread and suddenly remembered it existed.  I didn't hear much about it but I know it didn't sell very well.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

I'm not looking at the present roster (6 characters), I'm looking in the future, the possibilities are endless. Even after the game releases, the DLC will bring huge news to the consumers constantly how X Character is now downloadable, it's money in the bank for Sony. I'm not just thinking first party studios (which is already a huge roster) but a second and thrid party roster of some serious big names.

I guess we simply won't agree in this subject, you are way too optimistic, and DLC characters also narrow online gameplay. Right now you could hope for a lot of sales but you can't say you believe it will outsell one franchise that Sony only with Gran Turismo 5 and Uncharted 2 was able to outsell it's older entries in this generation.

I believe Sony will be making a party if it ends with lifetime sales of half what Super Smash Bros (N64) did, at least i would in their places.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

@Gilga. Your notion of DLC is overrated imho.

Kasz216 said:
enditall727 said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:
Kasz you are saying that the addition to summoning is not a major part of the FF battle system?

Not really... summoning spells really were just a tweak on red mages.

Something like Gau or Umaro would be considrered a bigger change if you ask me.  I suppose it's equal to some of the stuff i listed though... which kinda makes my point for me.

so are you going to reply to my last comment to you or not?

I... did?

Best I can tell.

no, you didn't

but whatever though..

[Irrelevant sh!t that is being pushed desperately to rekindle the individuals little RPG Cred image]

We play a pen&paper at the weekend. This is the source of every computer-RPG. But sure, we know shit about RPG. ROFL.

^^^ yea, as if that automatically makes you a Grand Master RPG player or something

I guess i would be a Unanimous Grand Master Chef if i attended and boiled an egg at an Iron Chef Competition

Let's look at your RPG-cred. You saying WRPGD get more popular. Wikipedia sees the golden age at the late 80s and early 90s. And a decline afterwards. As I said before, the WRPGs for the first time enter the limited view on RPGs you have. So you THINK they must be more popular this time.

^^^ lol I basically said that the WRPG has gotten more popular than they were last generation and now here you are trying to expand what i was saying into WRPGs ONLY being popular now LMAO!

irrelevant!

You also claim, that PCs are not relevant. That's simply not true for RPGs (even for gaming at a whole the consoles have only a little lead). Even JRPGs, that I thought reside only on console, have started at PC. Let's cite Wikipedia: "While the Japanese video game industry has long been viewed as console-centric in the Western world, [...], the country had in fact produced thousands of commercial personal computer games from the late 1970s up until the mid-1990s [...]"

^^^ I never said that PCs aren't relevant. You just pulled that claim out of your ass to give your tired argument more depth

Irrelevant!

You surely will play them all. Much luck finding a NEC PC-8801 or the other stuff they used. Thousands of games, you will become old over this.

And JRPGs the face of RPGs. Let's see. Dragon Quest is an icon of JRPGs. The first title drawed it's inspiration from what? Let's see: "Dragon Quest (1986), which combined the overhead exploration of Ultima with the first-person menu-driven combat of Wizardry, created a streamlined gameplay format that made console RPGs accessible to a wider audience." Yeah, Wizardry and Ultima. Some of the most famous WRPGs.

^^^ I never said that i will go out and play each and every rpg that was made but i DID say that i do play all RPGs(meaning that i will try out any genre of RPGs)

like i said before

right now, the JRPG(or atleast the WRPG) is the face of the RPG and only a person who doesn't know sh!t about RPGs would seriously think otherwise

Much to learn, young Padawan.

^^lol --> I'm an active RPG-player, and I don't know Cloud/Sepiroth. I thought, that they must come from some FF-game

I played FF X, and it was mediocre. Why should I try another entry of the series, if there exist much better RPGs.

Around the Network

enditall727 said:

[...] 

Oh, I see. You were trolling me. And I fell for it... Surely, nobody could be really so unknowingly about RPGs. I must admit, that was good trolling.

The last post made it clear. You disregard any RPG-cred for me, because I only played FF X of the FF-series. But yourself claiming, that playing every RPG means REALLY trying out any genre of RPGs (what is not really true, as you had no real idea about MUDs or rogue-like and disregard pen&paper). That's trolling in perfection.

And the argument that 'everyone knows'. Everyone knows the sun sets in the north. How could you say something different.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

enditall727 said:

[...] 

Oh, I see. You were trolling me. And I fell for it... Surely, nobody could be really so unknowingly about RPGs. I must admit, that was good trolling.

...........whatever you say

Edit: you brought another point to get away from what you said about Cloud Sephiroth and the whole FFX thing so dont try to switch what it was to being about MUDs.

from the stuff you said here, Everybody knows not to take you seriously when it comes to RPGs now and that's that, Sorry ;)

All-Stars fighting games are a classic favourite of fighters fans, its success will be determined by: width of fighter fans user base on PS3, quality of the game, appeal of the characters and, obviously, marketing. So we can be sure that if there will be any problems, the last factor will be the one bringing most of them.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Theres no way this game will sell 5.5m copies, not even a chance.
Gil knows that, this is just sibylline trolling

enditall727 said:
Mnementh said:

enditall727 said:

[...] 

...........whatever you say

I see where he's coming from. Someone could be an RTS fan and not know who Archimond is. He could be a fan of RPGs, but he didn't like the Final Fantasy series. It's understandable. In which case, in fact, he would not easily know who cloud is. Also, he's from Germany. We have no idea how well Final Fantasy VII was marketed there in 2007, nor do we have any idea how popular the VII franchise and its spin-offs were over there.

The guy like his PC and pen & paper RPGs. Granted, he probably doesn't have huge JRPG cred, but JRPGs though important, are not the be all end all of the genre. Some people may just not be too into it.

With everything he offered this far, you should just cut him some slack, he never said that cloud wasn't just some other dude in the JRPG genre, he kept to his point that he isn't all that huge in the overarching RPG genre. Give the guy some cred where cred is due.

Fair, no JRPG cred for him for not knowing who cloud is, and for not at least trying the hugely popular JRPG series that is Final Fantasy bar one entry. But for the rest, what he's saying isn't so far fetch, it's not from Venus.

Cheers guys