By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will outsell Smash Bros

Gilgamesh said:
enditall727 said:
ZaP~ said:
Tagging for later. Want to necro this thread a couple of months later

On topic, maybe it can outsell SSB, but every later entry of the series is too hard.

how do you tag a thread??

...You just did.

BTW Zap a couple months will be pointless, E3 will just gone by and many big names will be announced and people will be even more hyped about the game and expecting higher sales. This thread will be bumped in one years time.

I believe if it have the right roster it may reach 2-3 millions, right now it has 4 fighters and you are predicting that it will outsell every game of one franchise.

Expectations higher than that in my opinion are hard to believe, just my two cents. By the way, i agree with bumping this thread one year later, it'll be fun.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

that's like me being a serious boxing follower while not knowing who Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio is <-- my boxing cred would deserve to be thrown out the window if that was the case

So, do you know who Max Schmeling is?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
enditall727 said:

that's like me being a serious boxing follower while not knowing who Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquaio is <-- my boxing cred would deserve to be thrown out the window if that was the case

So, do you know who Max Schmeling is?

yes, Icarus

i will never forget Max Schmeling mainly because he was boxing around the time the whole Nazi thing was going on(World War 2 and how Hitler was able to dominate Europe always fascinated me) but other than that, i mainly only remember his name because of Joe Louis

enditall727 said:
oh i see but i still played them though and i'm sure their are other games that are like those that i've played but i cant remember the names of them.

I will play any RPG and that's that(i'm not too fond of MMO's though)

OK, you played them. Your RPG-cred goes alone on the sentence, that you will play any RPG. It's impossible. Not only it cost too much, but as RPGs the games that need usually much more time to play-through than other games, the lifetime isn't enough to play them all. That is saying much about you not knowing all the variety on RPGs.

enditall727 said:

You made the impression, that all you know is PS-RPGs. You said something that as a RPG-fan you have to own PS1 and PS2. I did disagree, because many RPG-offerings also were on other consoles and on PC

i dont know how or why you got the impression that all i know is PS-RPGs. It seems more like you are just against PS rpgs to be honest

You mentioned it and said the PS-consoles are a must, otherwise you are no true fan of RPG.

enditall727 said:

and everybody knows I believe that PS1 and PS2 were basically known as the JRPG consoles and that they are the face of RPGs

Fixed it.

enditall727 said:

Everybody knows what? What is thnat for an argument? That was the point I was disagreeing about in the beginning. FF may be the face of interactive-movie JRPGs. But that's only a little subgroup of the diversity of RPGs

no, FF is the face of JRPGs

if a person was serious about JRPGs then i would point him towards the the Final Fantasy series(but i'm sure he woud've heard of it already) but if they were 100% newbie's to the game(playing JRPGs) then i would start them out with something like pokemon

Pokemon is like the noobie-ished friendly rpg there is

and seriously, who the fuck would even remotely try to disagree with that(FF being the face of JRPGs) besides maybe somebody like you and @Kasz??

You should back such ridiculous statements with some facts. As it stands it's only an unsubstantiated claim

me saying that Final Fantasy is the face of JRPGs is "ridiculous"?????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ok, if Final Fantasy isn't the face of JRPGs then what series is then? I am going to love to see what your RPG cred comes up with..

MUch different claim. I may agree on that, that FF is the face of JRPGs. That's what I said (I only added interactive-movie to tease you). There are other big JRPGs like Dragon Quest, but overall FF may be really the most famous JRPG.

But I was arguing another claim. That came from Sal:

They are the protagonist and antagonist of the most famous RPG of all time.

FF is not the most famous RPG (JRPG yes). To join your style of discussion: Everybody knows, that FF is not the most famous RPG.

enditall727 said:

The WRPGs are the first time a little bit more successful on console, and this makes them more present?

no, they have just become a lot more popular this gen while the JRPG has had an absence

No, WRPGs are as popular as always. They only make this gen their appearance on console.

enditall727 said:

Why, they were always there, on PC.

the majority dont really play PC games

to be honest, i never really knew too many people who played pc games and i didn't even know people still actually gamed on PC until i got on youtube and on forums like Vgchartz. I never really seen wrpgs splash last generation the way they do now

even to this day, the only people i know that play PC games are a select limited people over the internet. I dont know ANYBODY who plays PC games in the real. Everybody i know that has a PC DOESN'T actually game on it.

I see where your missing RPG-knowledge comes. You missed the center of RPG-gaming (besides JRPGs).

Besides, I'm not sure about your claim about PC-gaming. Many people play on Pc.

And to your anecdotal evidence: I'm the only one of my friends playing also on console. So I don't know ANYBODY who plays consoles in the real. But I never claimed, that consoles or games on it are without any importance.

Consoles are not that popular here in Europe, especially here in Germany. Compare sales in Europe and USA with the population.

enditall727 said:

JRPGS are not the face of RPGs. They are only one flavour of the diversity the RPG-genre has to offer.

no, JRPGs(or atleast WRPGs) are definitely the face of RPGs and only a person who doesn't know sh!t about RPGs would claim different ^^-- i hope this doesn't get me banned

As I see your RPG-experience is mostly limited to consoles, and you denie the importance of the PC for RPGs, I know where this statement comes from. I didn't said it so far, but now you have without a doubt demonstrated, that your RPG-cred is limited.

enditall727 said: 

As I'm here in Europe, they may say: It's something like Baldur's gate or so. As I'm in Germany, they may even say it is something like DSA (Das Schwarze Auge). And your selection is very limited. Would you really think FF, if I show you Pokemon, Battle for Wesnoth, Monster Hunter or stuff like that?

no they would probably already know what Pokemon is just like how they would know what Final Fantasy is

and you probably wouldn't get anything from Monster Hunter

As I said, many people here never touched a console for gaming. They may have heard about pokemon, but never saw it. The same about FF. PC-RPGs are much more popular.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

enditall727 said:

yes, Icarus

i will never forget Max Schmeling mainly because he was boxing around the time the whole Nazi thing was going on(World War 2 and how Hitler was able to dominate Europe always fascinated me) but other than that, i mainly only remember his name because of Joe Louis

OK, so your boxing-cred is better than your RPG-cred.

And Noctis, do you know the name of the character of my avatar, or only the game-name?

Around the Network
ZaP~ said:
Gilgamesh said:
enditall727 said:
ZaP~ said:
Tagging for later. Want to necro this thread a couple of months later

On topic, maybe it can outsell SSB, but every later entry of the series is too hard.

how do you tag a thread??

...You just did.

BTW Zap a couple months will be pointless, E3 will just gone by and many big names will be announced and people will be even more hyped about the game and expecting higher sales. This thread will be bumped in one years time.

I believe if it have the right roster it may reach 2-3 millions, right now it has 4 fighters and you are predicting that it will outsell every game of one franchise.

Expectations higher than that in my opinion are hard to believe, just my two cents. By the way, i agree with bumping this thread one year later, it'll be fun.

I'm not looking at the present roster (6 characters), I'm looking in the future, the possibilities are endless. Even after the game releases, the DLC will bring huge news to the consumers constantly how X Character is now downloadable, it's money in the bank for Sony. I'm not just thinking first party studios (which is already a huge roster) but a second and thrid party roster of some serious big names.

Mnementh said:
enditall727 said:

yes, Icarus

OK, so your boxing-cred is better than your RPG-cred.

And Noctis, do you know the name of the character of my avatar, or only the game-name?

yea i go far in boxing

and only the game name lol Never played Kid Icarus but i will get around to it on the 3DS eventually

Mnementh said:
enditall727 said:
oh i see but i still played them though and i'm sure their are other games that are like those that i've played but i cant remember the names of them.

I will play any RPG and that's that(i'm not too fond of MMO's though)

OK, you played them. Your RPG-cred goes alone on the sentence, that you will play any RPG. It's impossible. Not only it cost too much, but as RPGs the games that need usually much more time to play-through than other games, the lifetime isn't enough to play them all. That is saying much about you not knowing all the variety on RPGs.

enditall727 said:

You made the impression, that all you know is PS-RPGs. You said something that as a RPG-fan you have to own PS1 and PS2. I did disagree, because many RPG-offerings also were on other consoles and on PC

i dont know how or why you got the impression that all i know is PS-RPGs. It seems more like you are just against PS rpgs to be honest

You mentioned it and said the PS-consoles are a must, otherwise you are no true fan of RPG.

enditall727 said:

and everybody knows I believe that PS1 and PS2 were basically known as the JRPG consoles and that they are the face of RPGs

Fixed it.

enditall727 said:

Everybody knows what? What is thnat for an argument? That was the point I was disagreeing about in the beginning. FF may be the face of interactive-movie JRPGs. But that's only a little subgroup of the diversity of RPGs

no, FF is the face of JRPGs

if a person was serious about JRPGs then i would point him towards the the Final Fantasy series(but i'm sure he woud've heard of it already) but if they were 100% newbie's to the game(playing JRPGs) then i would start them out with something like pokemon

Pokemon is like the noobie-ished friendly rpg there is

and seriously, who the fuck would even remotely try to disagree with that(FF being the face of JRPGs) besides maybe somebody like you and @Kasz??

You should back such ridiculous statements with some facts. As it stands it's only an unsubstantiated claim

me saying that Final Fantasy is the face of JRPGs is "ridiculous"?????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ok, if Final Fantasy isn't the face of JRPGs then what series is then? I am going to love to see what your RPG cred comes up with..

MUch different claim. I may agree on that, that FF is the face of JRPGs. That's what I said (I only added interactive-movie to tease you). There are other big JRPGs like Dragon Quest, but overall FF may be really the most famous JRPG.

But I was arguing another claim. That came from Sal:

They are the protagonist and antagonist of the most famous RPG of all time.

FF is not the most famous RPG (JRPG yes). To join your style of discussion: Everybody knows, that FF is not the most famous RPG.

enditall727 said:

The WRPGs are the first time a little bit more successful on console, and this makes them more present?

no, they have just become a lot more popular this gen while the JRPG has had an absence

No, WRPGs are as popular as always. They only make this gen their appearance on console.

enditall727 said:

Why, they were always there, on PC.

the majority dont really play PC games

to be honest, i never really knew too many people who played pc games and i didn't even know people still actually gamed on PC until i got on youtube and on forums like Vgchartz. I never really seen wrpgs splash last generation the way they do now

even to this day, the only people i know that play PC games are a select limited people over the internet. I dont know ANYBODY who plays PC games in the real. Everybody i know that has a PC DOESN'T actually game on it.

I see where your missing RPG-knowledge comes. You missed the center of RPG-gaming (besides JRPGs).

And to your anecdotal evidence: I'm the only one of my friends playing also on console. So I don't know ANYBODY who plays consoles in the real. But I never claimed, that consoles or games on it are without any importance.

Consoles are not that popular here in Europe, especially here in Germany. Compare sales in Europe and USA with the population.

enditall727 said:

JRPGS are not the face of RPGs. They are only one flavour of the diversity the RPG-genre has to offer.

no, JRPGs(or atleast WRPGs) are definitely the face of RPGs and only a person who doesn't know sh!t about RPGs would claim different ^^-- i hope this doesn't get me banned

As I see your RPG-experience is mostly limited to consoles, and you denie the importance of the PC for RPGs, I know where this statement comes from. I didn't said it so far, but now you have without a doubt demonstrated, that your RPG-cred is limited.

enditall727 said: 

As I'm here in Europe, they may say: It's something like Baldur's gate or so. As I'm in Germany, they may even say it is something like DSA (Das Schwarze Auge). And your selection is very limited. Would you really think FF, if I show you Pokemon, Battle for Wesnoth, Monster Hunter or stuff like that?

no they would probably already know what Pokemon is just like how they would know what Final Fantasy is

and you probably wouldn't get anything from Monster Hunter

As I said, many people here never touched a console for gaming. They may have heard about pokemon, but never saw it. The same about FF. PC-RPGs are much more popular.

LOL oh you must be trying to get some get-back

Your RPG-cred goes alone on the sentence, that you will play any RPG. It's impossible

-_-

it's not impossible. if i want to play an RPG then I WILL PLAY IT!!

how the fuck is that impossible??

SMH @ YOU

but as RPGs the games that need usually much more time to play-through than other games, the lifetime isn't enough to play them all

-_-

you do realise that you dont have to beat a game 100% to have "played" it right?

i played Legend of Dragoon like 7 times and i got to the 3rd disc but have yet to beat it

even though i havn't beaten the game yet, you do know that this would mean that i've still "played" the game right?

LMFAO!!!<-- now @JAY is probably going to come crucify me again for laughing at something that needs to be laughed at lol

You mentioned it and said the PS-consoles are a must, otherwise you are no true fan of RPG

well i mean if you are a serious RPG fan then the PS1 and PS2 ARE IN FACT MUST HAVE SYSTEMS but i still dont get how you interpreted that in me only starting RPGs on Sony consoles lol

you are trying hard aren't you ;)

Fixed it

no, actually you broke it when you put the line through "everybody knows" and "added i believe" so i'm going to say it again

and everybody knows that PS1 and PS2 were basically known as the JRPG consoles and that they are the face of RPGs

No, WRPGs are as popular as always. They only make this gen their appearance on console

they are more known this gen than they were last gen due to being more involved with the consoles, so my point there still stands

you are not sure? well i dont like to play the sales game but just look at the sales. Look at how many people own PC's today and look at the sales for the games compared to the Consoles sales

and doesn't steam give out these extremely crazy ass deals just to get PC guys to think about buying the games?

is there a specific link to how much each game sells on steam? i heard that there were some this gen games that would be sold for like $5

well then that means that you dont have too many friends if you seriously dont know ANYBODY who plays consoles in the real

so you can blame yourself on that part

maybe you should get out more?

MiniEdit: NOT TROLLING im being serious here so @Mods relax

Consoles are not that popular here in Europe, especially here in Germany. Compare sales in Europe and USA with the population

console gaming is still more popular than PC gaming though at this point

As I see your RPG-experience is mostly limited to consoles, and you denie the importance of the PC for RPGs, I know where this statement comes from. I didn't said it so far, but now you have without a doubt demonstrated, that your RPG-cred is limited

I didn't deny the importance of the PC RPGs!! Why do you keep making sh!t up??

but i've still played most of that PC stuff like Diablo, Age Of Empires, StarCraft yada yada yada

the main RPG i've looked at lately on the PC is The Witcher and guess where that bad boy is headed ;)

As I said, many people here never touched a console for gaming. They may have heard about pokemon, but never saw it.

do you live under a rock??

but at the end of the day though, Cloud and Sephiroth should be known to all serious RPG players ESPECIALLY if they are old enough to remember the 5th or even 4th gen of gaming ;)

EDIT: and if i get reported or banned for this comment then oh well i guess

enditall727 said:

[many ridiculous stuff]

The claim I was opposing was, that FF7 is the most known RPG. As for the media-coverage I'm sure many non-gamers well know WOW better. Pokemon will be more known, even if not played by much. Baldur's Gate (or even Wizardry or Ultima) will be more known by people, that played a little as they were younger but now don't play games now as they are working. Or even only heard about these games from their gaming friends back then or today as these friends now no longer game but talk about the old days they played that stuff.

The claim was also, that JRPGs are the face of RPGs. That is totally denying the variety of RPGs and shows a very limited view.

The friend-statement ... you said you're serious. Really? Home consoles in the last two generations barely managed to get past 200 million. Some of them may be sold multiple times to the same person (say X360+Wii). So let say 200 million gamers with home-consoles. Worldwide. The european union alone has more than 500 million people. So yes, console-gamers are clearly a minority. It is in line, especially for europe, that I'm the only console-gamer among my friends, even my gamer-friends.

And to RPG-cred: I will tell on the weekend at the RPG-session (pen&paper) my friends that someone claimed, that FF7 is the most famous RPG and JRPGs the face of RPGs. We will have a good laugh.

Mnementh said:

enditall727 said:

[many ridiculous stuff]

The claim I was opposing was, that FF7 is the most known RPG. As for the media-coverage I'm sure many non-gamers well know WOW better. Pokemon will be more known, even if not played by much. Baldur's Gate (or even Wizardry or Ultima) will be more known by people, that played a little as they were younger but now don't play games now as they are working. Or even only heard about these games from their gaming friends back then or today as these friends now no longer game but talk about the old days they played that stuff.

The claim was also, that JRPGs are the face of RPGs. That is totally denying the variety of RPGs and shows a very limited view.

The friend-statement ... you said you're serious. Really? Home consoles in the last two generations barely managed to get past 200 million. Some of them may be sold multiple times to the same person (say X360+Wii). So let say 200 million gamers with home-consoles. Worldwide. The european union alone has more than 500 million people. So yes, console-gamers are clearly a minority. It is in line, especially for europe, that I'm the only console-gamer among my friends, even my gamer-friends.

people still do their gaming on Consoles more so than on PCs..

first paragraph

Irrelevance!

i dont care about the "most known" RPG

this is what i replied to --> I'm an active RPG-player, and I don't know Cloud/Sepiroth. I thought, that they must come from some FF-game

you dont know what the hell you are talking about 

so if i said that Pacquaio and Mayweather are the faces of boxing, would that mean that it is denying the vaiety of fighters in boxing?

do you know how to be logical?

The friend-statement Part

everything you mentioned is irrelevant. I dont care about how much gaming has expanded or grew. people still do their gaming on Consoles more so than on PCs and thats that

And to RPG-cred: I will tell on the weekend at the RPG-session (pen&paper) my friends that someone claimed, that FF7 is the most famous RPG and JRPGs the face of RPGs. We will have a good laugh

lol go ahead

its funny when people who dont know sh!t about RPGs  gossip and laugh with other people who dont know sh!t about RPGs =D

;)

I'm an active RPG-player, and I don't know Cloud/Sepiroth. I thought, that they must come from some FF-game

I played FF X, and it was mediocre. Why should I try another entry of the series, if there exist much better RPGs.

^^ LOL!

like i said before

people, whatever you do, DON'T listen to Mnementh when it comes to RPG's from here on out..