By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will outsell Smash Bros

chapset said:
this is little big planet all over again, people claiming ridiculous numbers but in the end this game will be lucky to hit 2 millions, the potential in this one is way lower then little big planet

The first Little Big Planet sold beyond expectation.

Around the Network
Ckoal said:
I wonder why people are counting non-sony IPs as possible characters in this game. I don't think Square Enix or many third parties for that matter, will allow their characters to be in the game ((I could be wrong)). Especially since it's the first iteration of the game. We may get Crash Bandicoot... If we're lucky
I do think the game will sell descent enough to call for a sequel, but not for it to be a threat to the SSB

What are you talking about? Sony already confirmed first party and third party IP's (licensed) synonymous with Sony over the past 20 years. DLC was also confirmed. Thats how many this game has the capacity to hold.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:
this is little big planet all over again, people claiming ridiculous numbers but in the end this game will be lucky to hit 2 millions, the potential in this one is way lower then little big planet

hum no before release 10 millions was certain and it was suppose to kill the wii

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:

hum no before release 10 millions was certain and it was suppose to kill the wii

Anyone who expected it to kill the Wii was expecting too much. It sold far better than many people thought. People expected lower numbers than it got for sure.

If it gets Cloud, Sephiroph, Kratos, Ezio, Old Snake, and Nathan Drake on the cover, it will do pretty well. Ultimately it comes down to the marketing and that's always been Sony's weak point.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:

Anyone who expected it to kill the Wii was expecting too much. It sold far better than many people thought. People expected lower numbers than it got for sure.

Not sony.

Deoz said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:

Not sony.

Well Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have to talk a big game. If they dont people will lower expectations. Honesty is rare in the public eye these days.

I agree. I'm also marrying Scarlett Johansson next year.

chapset said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:

i never really seen anyone seriously claim that the 1st lbp would reach 10 million

and you're saying that like there was a mass amount of people who claimed that.

so do you have a link to a thread that shows lbp 1 predictions where most people seriously thought it would hit 10 mill?

Nah, 1.5-2.5 million tops.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords