By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I'm pretty much never downloading games from Nintendo again

http://wiiudaily.com/nintendo-network/

"Personal user account: each Wii U user will create a personalized account that will tie his games and content to. Unlike Nitnendo Wi-FI, the new Nintendo Network does not reuire Friend Codes to play online with friends and others."

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/26/wii-u-getting-user-accounts-as-part-of-nintendo-network/

"For the Wii U, the Nintendo Network will support multiple personal user accounts per system, finally ending Nintendo's insistence on tying software purchases to a single system."

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

http://wiiudaily.com/nintendo-network/

"Personal user account: each Wii U user will create a personalized account that will tie his games and content to. Unlike Nitnendo Wi-FI, the new Nintendo Network does not reuire Friend Codes to play online with friends and others."

I know you don't care, but this is a stretch. I think this could mean games as in game stats, game friend lists, and such. It could also mean the game keys also. Either way, Nintendo (and this is my gut) must end up offering the DL games tied to user accounts, whether upon launch or via an update.

But given what we have this far, it's hard to be 100% sure. Let's just say with what you've shown me this far, I'm  about 50% sure it'll happen.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/26/wii-u-getting-user-accounts-as-part-of-nintendo-network/

"For the Wii U, the Nintendo Network will support multiple personal user accounts per system, finally ending Nintendo's insistence on tying software purchases to a single system."

This is journalistic extrapolation though. I was asking for an official source.

So I'll go back to my previous statement:

"So you are telling me that you think they'll establish individual user accounts but not tie the software to it but still tie the software to the hardware?"

Viper1 said:

"So you are telling me that you think they'll establish individual user accounts but not tie the software to it but still tie the software to the hardware?"

Given Nintendo's track record this far, I would say it's a good possibility. At first I was 90% certain that was the case, but with the sources you've brought this far I'm inclined to give them closer to 50% benefit of the doubt (and that's generous). I'll be 100% certain you're claim is true when we get an official source, out of the horse's mouth.

Viper1 said:
robzo100 said:

This is what I thought I was communicating the whole time.  But to be fair I didn't specify myself in any detail.  This was all about DL games as far as I am concerned, especially now that the AAA games are starting to become DLs as well.

I want my Nintendo account to be abel to play any games I download from nintendo.  If I have a 3ds, i should be able to play those DL games on my Wii U, because I paid for that shit Nintendo.  Ipad games can be played on an iphone or ipod touch.  It's the same logic.  To be fair, Apple doesn't allow games to transfer between their mobile devices and thier Desktop or laptops even though they all can come with some sort of touchpad.

3DS and Wii U are not the same hardware.   Are you trying to tell me that if I download Legend of Zelda Wii U, I should be able to play that on my 3DS and vice versa?

And you borked the thread.

I definitely feel that if a piece of software is compatible with two hardware systems, then yes you should be allowed to play it on both Wii U and 3ds.  More than likely Wii U software will not be compatible with 3ds hardware, but the other way around it could surely work.  The tablet for wii u will have everything 3ds has except the 3d.

We should expect more for our money, especially if we gave nintendo the investment of buying two of their systems.  Again Apple does it for the most part (not with laptop and Desktop).  And if the Nintendo Account is for all nintendo devices, then why the hell not?

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:

We know almost next to nothing of their new Nintendo Network.

I'll wait until E3 before we start throwing hate and doom all over the place.

And well rumors be rumors.

Well said!

Let's not be rash.

pff, you guys are crazy man!

Crazymann said:
_crazy_man_ said:

We know almost next to nothing of their new Nintendo Network.

I'll wait until E3 before we start throwing hate and doom all over the place.

And well rumors be rumors.

Well said!

Let's not be rash.

Too bad 90% o peeps see rumors and go CONFIRMED!

Edit:

OMG didn't realise there was another crazy man!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

happydolphin said:
Viper1 said:

Given Nintendo's track record this far, I would say it's a good possibility. At first I was 90% certain that was the case, but with the sources you've brought this far I'm inclined to give them closer to 50% benefit of the doubt (and that's generous). I'll be 100% certain you're claim is true when we get an official source, out of the horse's mouth.

But Nintendo doesn't have a track record of personal user accounts to even base your suspicion upon.   You are basing it on when they didn't have personalized user accounts.  

And if you want to wait for direct statements from Nintendo, stop making up your own claims.

Viper1 said:

But Nintendo doesn't have a track record of personal user accounts to even base your suspicion upon.   You are basing it on when they didn't have personalized user accounts.  

And if you want to wait for direct statements from Nintendo, stop making up your own claims.

Since we have nothing to base ourselves on other than our instinct, I have to use track record? Otherwise, how am I supposed to argue with you. And you, are you not making up your own claims? I believe my view is more probably than yours, and I've given you my reasons. Say what you will, you have me unconvinced.

Nintendo's track record has nothing to do with user accounts per se, it has to do with the next closest thing: their past solution for online services. They were at best lackluster, that's what I base myself on. Until I have something solid from Nintendo themselves, that's the best I can base myself on.

Cheers.