By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 announced, $1000 bucks.

Soleron said:
JEMC said:

@Soleron_ the GK110 will probalby be the GTX7xx cards as disolitude says.

I doubt it. It's not faster per unit area so there would be no point replacing any lower down cards with derivatives of it. But as a super high end card it would do the job better than this and could be additionally SLI'd for better performance.

So the GK110 is faster than the GK104 "only" because it has more shaders, cores, etc. OK, but if by the end of the year (thanks to better yields and other improvements) they manage to make cards based on GK110 with higher clocks, wouldn't performance go up by 20-30%? That's not a bad jump from one gen to another.

And they could sell the GTX680 as a rebadged GTX760.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Turkish said:
4 times the price of a PS3 O_o, cant complain with my HD6870, it cost me as much as a Xbox Arcade

4X more expensive but about 50X more powerful. Sounds like a good deal to me... :)

T3H C3LL is actually 281X as powerful as 3 GTX 690s, and it's not even a GPU. It's just that devs don't optimize for it.

disolitude said:
Turkish said:
4 times the price of a PS3 O_o, cant complain with my HD6870, it cost me as much as a Xbox Arcade

4X more expensive but about 50X more powerful. Sounds like a good deal to me... :)

That's only the graphics card though. The rest of the custom build?

Soleron said:
where is the promised GK110?

Who promised it? Certainly not Nvidia.

But with no actual games to take advantage of this thing, what's the point? In a couple years you'll be able to buy a 720 or PS4 with games that actually take full advantage of each system's performance capabilities, and for less than half of what this card is currently going for.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Turkish said:

Teh C3ll.

A 20 year console life span at the cost of never being purchased.

Card looks good though, the price is steep not going to lie, in comparison the 590 was $699 at launch.

Narishma said:
Soleron said:
where is the promised GK110?

Who promised it? Certainly not Nvidia.

http://www1.pcmag.com/media/images/329235-nvidia-gpu-roadmap.jpg?thumb=y 

GK104 is not 3x the DP FLOPS/watt of GF100. In fact it is quite bad in compute performance, it sacrificed that to be fast in games.

disolitude said:
Turkish said:

Lies!

It's actually 16 times more powerful. 5.62 tflops versus 338 gflops.

haxxiy said:
disolitude said:
Turkish said:

Lies!

It's actually 16 times more powerful. 5.62 tflops versus 338 gflops.

Current GPUs are a lot more efficient than the RSX and can accomplish a lot more with less raw horsepower. I read a very interesting blog about a year ago that GTX580 is around 20X more powerful than the current gen consoles. GTX690 is GTX580 x2.5 so...