By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avengers seems to be big among critics and movie-buffs equally....!!(Please post no spoilers)

Millenium said:
I was planning to watch it in the Cinema next week, until I found out they were only showing it in 3D... now I'll just wait for the 2D Blu-Ray version.

oh come on. Personally 3D doesn't matter to me,but does'nt this glorious movie deserve to be watched in the cinema's,regardless of what version it is? lol

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
Millenium said:
I was planning to watch it in the Cinema next week, until I found out they were only showing it in 3D... now I'll just wait for the 2D Blu-Ray version.

oh come on. Personally 3D doesn't matter to me,but does'nt this glorious movie deserve to be watched in the cinema's,regardless of what version it is? lol

I'd absolutely love to watch this movie in the Cinema.

But my personal huge bias against 3D (Yes, I admit it ) just stops me from doing it. If there was actually an IMAX 3D Cinema around here I might consider it, but that's not the case. 

I'm now also hugely torn on watching Prometheus in the Cinema, it will probably be my fav movie of the year, but again it will only be shown in 3D :/ -.-

Aldro said:

EDIT: I was a DC guy, but after this: DC can get lost: Marvel all the way <333.

Ha ha ha. If you say this, then you never were a DC guy to begin with.

Hynad said:
Aldro said:

EDIT: I was a DC guy, but after this: DC can get lost: Marvel all the way <333.

Ha ha ha. If you say this, then you never were a DC guy to begin with.

Millenium said:
oldschoolfool said:
Millenium said:

But my personal huge bias against 3D (Yes, I admit it ) just stops me from doing it. If there was actually an IMAX 3D Cinema around here I might consider it, but that's not the case. 

I'm now also hugely torn on watching Prometheus in the Cinema, it will probably be my fav movie of the year, but again it will only be shown in 3D :/ -.-

Prometheus too is my favourite spot in the Cinema for this year second only to Dark Knight Rises, which I guess should fit you fine, since its only in 2D. I  just can't wait to see the prequel of "Alien", a genre defining gem of a movie. Avengers was fetching a lot of great reviews constantly and however grabbed lot of my interest now. How can Marvel ever possibly disappoint movie-buffs?

Around the Network

I have prepurchased 2 IMAX 3D tickets for me and my gf for next Friday!!!

Super Pumped for it!!!! Also the fact that the new The Dark Knight Rises Trailer is attached to it is AMAZING!!!! Equally if not more pumped for that trailer haha ;)

GameAnalyser said:
Millenium said:
oldschoolfool said:
Millenium said:

Prometheus too is my favourite spot in the Cinema for this year second only to Dark Knight Rises, which I guess should fit you fine, since its only in 2D.

I  just can't wait to see the prequel of "Alien", a genre defining gem of a movie. Avengers was fetching a lot of great reviews constantly and however grabbed lot of my interest now. How can Marvel ever possibly disappoint movie-buffs?

For the Dark Knight Rises part, you're right I was thinking this afternoon about how it was in 2D only so a sure-afied Cinema watch for me.

In fact Prometheus, The Dark Knight Rises & The Avengers (The entire cast is so great! (Except for maybe Captain America, I really didn't like his film...)) are such stand outs I keep forgetting what other movies are releasing this year!

Edit: And off course The Hobbit, if they only release that in 3D in the Cinema's here I'll go furious!

I already saw it and it was a really fun movie a solid 8/10 for me, I think that Ironman is still the best Marvel Movie.

all I'll say is this if the marvel movies leading up to this would be considered B movies, this is a B+ movie, mindless beat em up with a who gives a shit plot, lots of "I don't know what to do here so here's some meaningless talking scene to waste time until the next set piece", with a bunch of OMG teh slposions

good popcorn flick though, if your looking to waste an afternoon and I do stress WASTE

oh and this character

fucking.....why???

she is just as pointless as the cut into the van device Batman had in TDK

Avengers is like the Iron Man's movies... it's great because the Iron Man movie is the only I liked between these super heroes movies.

The Iron Man is the best and mostly funny character in the movie too.