By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

It does look very similar to SSB, but you know what, fuck it. SSB is so much fun, and I hope this game can come close to that.

Honestly, one of the departments that this is absolutely going to DESTROY SSB is in online multiplayer. Brawl is really fun...if you are playing against humans. In Brawl if i didn't have some friends around the online was a laggy mess and was impossible to play. With PSN a full 4-person game is merely a button click away.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
pezus said:
cyberninja45 said:

Does damaging your opponent cause them to fly further in this game? 'cause I think Nintendo would have a case here if it does.

I highly doubt that, since you don't have HP or %

Well if its true, it should be enough to keep them out of the courtroom.

If you could sue over gameplay similarity all current FPS game companies would be in legal hell.  You don't see Activision sueing Bungie for adding perks to Halo Reach.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Oh, by the way does this game look familiar to anyone? There was a famous court case where Capcom sued Data East over that game. Guess how that turned out?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

OMG i like what i see. Definitely my most wanted this year.

And for all the ninty fans bashing this game. Even if it is very similar to your almighty Super Smash Bros but who cares?
Its like saying Microsoft should never make Forza because its a copy of Gran Turismo. Or any company shoudnt make a fun racer because ninty has mario kart. Or any company shouldnt make a 2d PLattformer because Ninty has Super Mario Bros.This is really stupid thinking.

Reminds of all the Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone threads.

As always with me, the more negativity I read about a game, the more interested I get. I was never a fan of SSB and had no interest in this game but after reading all the internet hate and the slating given to it by gametrailer's Invisible Wars. I'm convinced the game won't be as bad as everyone thinks, I'm almost tempted to pre-order it. I think I'll wait for release date and pricing before deciding.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Amazon has listed Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale and is now available to pre-order. I still don't like the name.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XYBUBE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=infatgamer-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007XYBUBE

Temp. release date: December 31, 2012
Price: $59.99

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

pezus said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Well make that 2 people then I don't make things up.

OT: some fun new screens: 

Damn the graphics actually look really good

It really looks amazing. But what people don't get is that brawler games like Super Smash Bros. are not something that's owned by anyone or anything, it's practically a genre and just because the game plays a bit like SSB and incorporates the same concept as it DOESN'T make it a Rip-Off! Also, I believe the art style choice was great, even if it does look a lot like SSB, I believe the real reason for the art style is because it's the best way to mix up a GRITTY Shooter or fighter character like Colonel radec and Sweet Tooth with colorful characters like PaRappa and Fat Princess. Besides, this game is a fan service. I myself, when playing SSB though "hey, it would be awesome to see a game like this but with PlayStation characters".

How is it not awesome to see PaRappa The Rapper kicking mecha Sweet Tooth in the face!!! EPIC XD

ill definitely join this thread! i think this game looks awesome! i cant wait to see who else is going to join the battle royale.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Ajescent said:
As always with me, the more negativity I read about a game, the more interested I get. I was never a fan of SSB and had no interest in this game but after reading all the internet hate and the slating given to it by gametrailer's Invisible Wars. I'm convinced the game won't be as bad as everyone thinks, I'm almost tempted to pre-order it. I think I'll wait for release date and pricing before deciding.

that's why I don't even listen IW anymore..Shane is so anti sony and is a real tool. epicBattleCry all the way!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Ajescent said:

that's why I don't even listen IW anymore..Shane is so anti sony and is a real tool. epicBattleCry all the way!

In this latest episode there's no Shane. And it's been a while since you don't listen to them, right (now the verb is watch, since it's a video cast), because Shane is THE PS guy there nowadays. Check any recent episode he's in to see it, not kidding! I even think this - his absense - is the reason why they criticised so much PASBR in this latest show.

Of course, Marcus (the british guy) is the Xbox guy there to level things up. Nintendo still has no "guy" there - when Pachter is there, they gangbang on Nintendo like crazy!