By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

TheKoreanGuy said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
so we have GOW theme being used for two of the levels shown so far..one from GOW 1 and GOW 3
that hydra level was just one of the most memorable scenes for me last gen. It just set the path for GOW as franchise from that moment forward. As a big fan of the series I'm very happy they used that for a stage

what do you guys think the uncharted levels be like?

Fiery blimp level where over time, you get sucked out and then engage in air combat and then safely land on the desert as the blimp crashes in the background.

Before I reply...what's a blimp? :S

Whoops, meant cargo plane.

Gotcha :D Then yes fantastic idea...would be a fun and dynamic theme that way

I was also thinking about the train level from uc2. maybe a stage on a moving train with a helicopter attacking it?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Acevil said:
Runa216 said:
This thread makes me super sad. PEople are so damn biased against sony. F-shots everywhere. Pathetic.

Lets put in ways you would understand, Imagine every JRPG was like Final Fantasy 13 (Not exactly, but like it), wouldn't that make you bored of playing the same game over and over again? If not more power to you I guess. 

Except Super Smash Bros Brawl is the only major Smash-esque game released for a decade?

And for people that don't own a Wii they have had exactly zero notable Smash-esque games since Melee (An amazing game but one on a console that only a minority of gamers owned that gen.) 

(Yeh yeh, Jump Ultimate Stars, a game you have to import from Japan and learn a new language for.) 

Or...maybe you were referring to something else? My bad if so. 

Yes I was refering to his anger and his post about Call of Duty earlier in the thread, which I find funny, since everyone is typically angry at his strong bias against the recent Final fantasy 13 reviews. 

I have nothing against the game being a clone, however I don't get why people are getting angry at others for stating the obvious, that this is very much like SSB. 

people can bitch and moan about me hating Final Fantasy XIII all you want, it's a fair judgement.  The game sucks. 

I happen to really like Call of Duty, and I know people bitch about it, but I argued in favor of those games when the time came as well.  why?  becuase I'm a writer, and one of the first things you learn when you're a writer is that there are no original ideas left, it's all about HOW you blend ideas to make your own creation.  Battle Royale is certainly based heavily on Smash Brothers, but as Boutros pointed out, when the idea of a sony-based smash brothers game was brought up, people were elated.  I Was elated.  EVERYONE was super excited at such a concept. I was worried it wouldn't be ENOUGH like smash brothers (thus being boring and disappointing), but I think it ended up perfect.  Same basic gameplay, with the same frenetic action and concepts, but with enough of its own ideas and concepts to make it on its own.  

I think what we got is pretty close to perfect.  PEople gotta stop whining. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ugh, I don't like that supers are the only way to kill your opponents...

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Invisible wall show about the game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-206-invisible-walls/729673

For fans of Crysis 3, Prototype 2, Dishonored and Prey too, if they actually existed!

New details some may not have known about. Press release.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced the release of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, available for PlayStation 3 (PS3). Developed by SuperBot Entertainment, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is the ultimate four-player brawler, influenced by some of the greatest PlayStation themes and characters of all time. Spanning the entire PlayStation universe, players will select and control the likes of iconic characters such as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Fat Princess, Colonel Radec, and Sly Cooper among others. Additionally, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will include a line-up of special characters from some of the game industry’s top third party developers and publishers. With a host of playable characters, special attacks, themed stages, and mash up music, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale pits players in a deep fighting game that draws inspiration throughout the colorful PlayStation universe.

“PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale delivers a veritable encyclopedia of PlayStation’s rich gaming history,” said Guy Longworth, Senior Vice President of Marketing, SCEA. “This game is a celebration for fans of PlayStation and we are excited to deliver the most comprehensive brawler available.”

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gives players access to a wide variety of PlayStation characters and ties in the excitement of a four player, full screen brawler. Players can fight in a variety of configurations, including versus matches for four, team battles, special practice modes, and team up with friends to take on players online. Online battles will deliver a new set of challenges, including Tournament mode, Special Event Battle, and Custom Matches. In Tournament, players are matched online to gain experience and special awards. Special Event Battles allow SuperBot to set match parameters daily, and players earn experience points towards an overall leaderboard based on performance. Players can also arrange customized matches with their own rules.

Environments and music are drawn from the rich and varied history of PlayStation titles, then thrown together in unique mash ups that showcase each property in a new setting. The mash up elements will introduce a secondary IP to an existing theme, allowing situations where characters and environments from completely different PlayStation IP can interact during a match. The in-game music, composed by John King of the Dust Brothers, will also stay true to the mash up theme by incorporating a mix of various IP soundtracks throughout.

In addition to a rich and deep online multiplayer experience, players can engage in several single player modes including Combat Trials and Arcade mode. In Combat Trials, players not only learn the basics of the game but perfect their skills through hundreds of unique challenges. Additionally players can play through a fixed level progression with prizes in Arcade mode.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has not yet been rated. For more information about the title, please visit www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

oh my lord though... it's a pure rip-off. I mean, I like it, but I don't enjoy the fact that it's basically a rip-off... That sucks.

The same amount of air-jumps (2), the moves look exactly like smash moves... the drops from the sky are just like the smash drops (lots of little drops at the same time). The special attacks are the same concept and animation style (rip-off), but a different mechanic (that's acceptable), and there's more.

I don't know if I were Nintendo I would sue their ass tbh.

I wanted something like smash, I didn't want a reskinning of it... I want this to fail.

Sony should sue MS for their GT clone....DERP...ffs

hydra level looks awful but hades level looks miles better. hope it turns out good!

Guys, remember the Michael promo from back before? Could this have been a possible teaser for this game?

List of characters found in the promo:

Nathan Drake, Lightning, Cole Macgrath, Sweet Tooth, Helghan, Chell (Portal)

Ghost (Modern Warfare), Athena, Kratos, Isaac (Dead Space), Agent 47

Joe Mauer (MLB the Show), Old Snake, Paul Phoenix, Parappa

Little Sister (Bioshock), Ezio, Rico (Killzone), Ratchet, Sackboy

CGI-Quality said:
xKakashi209x said:

It's great that sony listened to the fans and made this. This is day one buy for me and I can't wait to play this with my family and friends seeing we only play the N64 smash brothers so its going to be a blast to play sony characters. It's now on top of my buy list for this year. For those that hate this game should just stfu and stop coming back to this thread.

Good points here. MANY Sony fans asked for something of this nature - they're getting it. I see the similarities to Smash Bros - but at the same time, I expect Sony's twists here and there. Since I love SSB & SSBM (I felt Brawl took crucial steps back), I'm gonna give this a shot.

I hope the gameplay is going to feel different. Atleast there doesn't seem to be bubbles :P

Check out my game about moles ^

Hope we will have the Red Bull X1 character from GT5.