By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - An open letter to Kantor

Kantor said:

It's the position that does it.

Hell, people were afraid of naznatips when he was head mod, and he's just about the least scary person on this entire website.

I thought that would be me....

Around the Network

Can regular members become mods? Were some of the current mods once peasants like the rest of us?

Will I ever get to wield such power or am I destined to stay at the bottom of the food-chain forever?

Play4Fun said:
Can regular members become mods? Were some of the current mods once peasants like the rest of us?

Will I ever get to wield such power or am I destined to stay at the bottom of the food-chain forever?

I'm oretty sure most Mods were "promoted."

Play4Fun said:

Every single current moderator, and indeed everyone on this site except for Brett "ioi" Walton himself, started off as a regular member.

I believe Montana was the first of us to become a moderator, and Torillian has had the longest uninterrupted run as moderator of any of us. Barozi and I are the most recent recruits. What we all have in common is a nearly clean moderation history and a long history of being active posters. So be active and follow the rules, and you'll have a shot at it some day.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Play4Fun said:

Every single current moderator, and indeed everyone on this site except for Brett "ioi" Walton himself, started off as a regular member.

I believe Montana was the first of us to become a moderator, and Torillian has had the longest uninterrupted run as moderator of any of us. Barozi and I are the most recent recruits. What we all have in common is a nearly clean moderation history and a long history of being active posters. So be active and follow the rules, and you'll have a shot at it some day.

ah now you're being generous :)

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Interesting that the members who contribute the least seem to complain the most.

There, free expression.

I say you're a great mod good sir!

Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Play4Fun said:

You're two years moderation sober. I would say that counts as nearly clean

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Play4Fun said:

You're two years moderation sober. I would say that counts as nearly clean

almost 2 years..... almost.

axumblade said:
Well this thread is sufficiently awkward...

lol this

I never imagine this site would have this much drama. Any who, I believe montana has given me a warning or two in the past about a long sig and something else and his post don't reflect any sort of gross abuse of power. Kantor is also a very level headed mod from the few post I have read. If MBP was acting out to be banned, well he got what was coming to him.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian