By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - An open letter to Kantor

Plezbo said:
This isn't about MBPs ban, it is about finding a new head mod. MBPs ban is just the latest example of over-moderation.

This thread is solely meant to throw support behind Kantor, anything else is secondary.

Kantor for head mod 2012.

Sorry to inform you but axumblade is our new supreme lord and master. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142666

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

This is how things work here... I see a lot of unfair bans.

I received two after the moderating team changes (after 2010/2011) but I prefer to keep my principles and to be banned for a few days rather than keep quiet .

Thanks for the link Trucks!

MontanaHatchet said:

Basically made a post on my wall saying I'd be a terrible head mod because I hate everyone on the site (even though I said I didn't want the position). Then made a post in the forums saying the mod team needs a sense of humor, praising Stof who was 4 years before his time. Plus his continued spamming. In retrospect, ban-fishing perfectly explains his behavior. And frankly, MBP has been moderated 13 times in the last 30 months (so an average of once a week), and 2 or so of those have been by me. It's easier for some posters to develop a persecution complex than change their behavior.

This is either one moderation every 2.3 months or 13 times in the last 3 months. The first version does not sound bad at all, the second much more so. Which one is it?

Edit: He hasn't been here 30 months, so I guess he's BAD. If the system gives longer and longer bans for repeated ofences, this ban seams exagerated because of the system and not the mod.

ithis said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Basically made a post on my wall saying I'd be a terrible head mod because I hate everyone on the site (even though I said I didn't want the position). Then made a post in the forums saying the mod team needs a sense of humor, praising Stof who was 4 years before his time. Plus his continued spamming. In retrospect, ban-fishing perfectly explains his behavior. And frankly, MBP has been moderated 13 times in the last 30 months (so an average of once a week), and 2 or so of those have been by me. It's easier for some posters to develop a persecution complex than change their behavior.

This is either one moderation every 2.3 months or 13 times in the last 3 months. The first version does not sound bad at all, the second much more so. Which one is it?

Edit: He hasn't been here 30 months, so I guess he's BAD. If the system gives longer and longer bans for repeated ofences, this ban seams exagerated because of the system and not the mod.

Meant to say 3 months, probably a typo due to lack of sleep.

Around the Network
ithis said:
MontanaHatchet said:

14 times in the last 5 months (no moderation in November, which was his first month on VGC).
His mod history is pretty messed up and basically all mods (including myself) contributed to that mess. (4 dupe moderations or extended bans 'n stuff)

Total ban length: 49 days

TruckOSaurus said:
Plezbo said:
This isn't about MBPs ban, it is about finding a new head mod. MBPs ban is just the latest example of over-moderation.

This thread is solely meant to throw support behind Kantor, anything else is secondary.

Kantor for head mod 2012.

Sorry to inform you but axumblade is our new supreme lord and master. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142666

Axum? XD He's too immature for that spot!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words.

However, I have, and have had, no interest in the position of Lead Moderator. Axumblade has agreed to take the position, and he will do a fantastic job of it. I have no doubt about that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

axumblade said:
Well this thread is sufficiently awkward...

For you and I both

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
axumblade said:
Well this thread is sufficiently awkward...

For you and I both

You act agreable and friendly in the open but I can feel the jealously burning in your heart, loathing axumblade for what should have been yours, YOURS!!

Signature goes here!