By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Van Persie wins PFA Player of the Year award

I really hope Germany wins this. They were the only team that really impressed me in the last world cup and Germany is the best country I've ever been to, other than my own.

Around the Network
Valdney said:
I really hope Germany wins this. They were the only team that really impressed me in the last world cup and Germany is the best country I've ever been to, other than my own.

really? please say that you just haven't been to that many other countries....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Valdney said:
crissindahouse said:

it's funny euro groups are much harder than world championship groups^^

Its a shorter tournament than the world cup. It  only has  4 groups. There is only one group that is hard though.

i know, still, one group has germany, netherlands, portugal, other has italy and spain and one has france and england and the other countries aren't shit neither. world cup has more groups that's sure but therefore the "best from the whole world" and not only europe. the luck is that "the best" of the other countries aren't really good with few exceptions but 2x as much groups says nothing with 1 continent in eurocup against some continents in worldcup. worldcup has i believe 14 european countries and eurocup has 16.

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:

Maybe your country will do so as well at some point in the future. How are the chances for Iceland to qualify for Brazil?

Austria has a successful qualification in the bag already. For Euro 2012 we got screwed, because we had giants like Germany, Turkey and Belgium in our group, but WC 2014 is easily doable. We will probably win the group and qualify directly, because Germany, Sweden and Ireland shouldn't pose a problem at all.

Very very low. Our team sucks, it has never sucked as bad as it does currently. Lol, Germany and Sweden shouldn't pose a problem? 

Don't forget about Ireland. We've got three of the teams that qualified for Euro 2012 in our group. I expect that we make 10-12 points (it's not even guaranteed that we beat the sucky teams like Kazachstan twice) and a goal difference between -10 and -15. But knowing the Austrian mentality, a lot of people will expect that we have a realistic chance only to declare four games later that our team horribly sucks and that we need a new coach.

I just remembered that the pesky Färöer Islands are our fifth opponent. We've lost to them in the past, so I'll lower my points prediction to 8-10.

hey we only won our last games 2:1 and 2:0 against them they are a strong power in soccer lol

RolStoppable said:
crissindahouse said:

hey we only won our last games 2:1 and 2:0 against them they are a strong power in soccer lol

We call it "football" on this website.

But anyway, I wouldn't even be sure that Austria qualified if we were in a group with Andorra, San Marino, Luxembourg, Malta and (lol) Iceland.

yeah i would call it football as well, soccer is stupid but i tried to be nice to the american ones not that they ask since when we are good it football^^

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Valdney said:

Shouldn't the winner be the country that impresses most at Euro 2012?

Sure. I agree. I'm just supporting them because of their performance in the last international tournament we had and the fact that Germany is an amazing country. But If a different team plays a better football than Germany I'll be supporting them too.

Valdney said:
RolStoppable said:
Valdney said:

Sure. I agree. I'm just supporting them because of their performance in the last international tournament we had and the fact that Germany is an amazing country. But If a different team plays a better football than Germany I'll be supporting them too.

where are you from? i know some asian countries like the german team i recognized that on twitter at the world cup

crissindahouse said:
Valdney said:
RolStoppable said:
Valdney said:

where are you from? i know some asian countries like the german team i recognized that on twitter at the world cup

I am from Brazil.  We brazilians love the good football, even more so than our own team sometimes.

Valdney said:
crissindahouse said:

I am from Brazil.  We brazilians love the good football, even more so than our own team sometimes.

ohh cool! you looking forward to world cup 2014?  or maybe 2016 olympic games... do you believe everything will be safe? can't really say anything about it but you know what people are saying about safety problems...would love to see brazil and this could be a great combination for a visit

crissindahouse said:
Valdney said:
crissindahouse said:

ohh cool! you looking forward to world cup 2014?  or maybe 2016 olympic games... do you believe everything will be save? can't really say anything about it but you know what people are saying about safety problems...would love to see brazil and this could be a great combination for a visit

I am really excited about it. I can't wait to see all these people from all over the world coming to my country. Its gonig to be a very exciting time. The only bad thing is our team that really sucks right now.

As far as safety, you shouldn't be worried about it. The problem is never as bad as people make it out to be and the Government is gonna invest on safety too. The tourists are always gonna be protected.  Trust me, if you get the chance to go to Brazil for the world cup, just do it. I can guarantee you, you should see no sign of crimes around you.