By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony ditch the Playstation Vita?

maverick40 said:
What a stupid thread.

You won.

Around the Network

I'll give them 6, maybe 7 years before they ditch the Vita...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

hell no, I say give it a year and it it's still struggling to sell,then drop the price.

Sony has a lemon in Vita, so they should do lemonade.

I brought a Vita on release day and like someone else said its a highly impressive piece of kit, and possibly the best handheld I have owned (and I have owned alot).

However, the hardware lives and dies by its software, and there is no game on the Vita presently that I would describe as a must have, or that could give the system a big sales push. Nor or there any due to my knowledge.

So for all the good points the system has, mine has spent more time sitting idle than being used. I decided to wait till E3 to see what plans they have for the system, or more importantly what games I can expect. If I dont see any by then, I will probably trade it in.

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network

You need to see the VITA not only as a standalone handheld but Sony can also use the PSV as additional controller for the PS4, such as the Wii-U and its ugly touch screen.

I can see it , like when playing an MMORPG on the PS4 and big screen while you have all your spells, weapons, potions, herbs and other items easily accesible from the Vita touch screen. or it can display a map in HD resolution or character stats or as trade shop system or for typing communication... lots of things this could be used for.

I can also see the PS4 bundled with the PSV, like the Wii-U and its controller screen, so the Vita can have a bright future, if Sony is really going that way.

Also dont forget the idea of playing games on different devices. Like EA said, play your FIFA games on the big screen, and when out for the day, you can scout or trade, or practice your players on the go.

So, I dont think that games alone will help the PSV to sell, it should be functionality also. Currently the device cant even play youtube streams and has no copy&paste for the browser. Thats the basic functionalities a 2012 device should have, so Sony should work on that or allow developers to use the PS Suite better. 

I keep reading 'needs proper software', what does that mean?

Which games will need releasing that will start the Vita sales rush?

Sony doesn't have anything like Nintendo's Zelda and Mario - those games seem to sell every machine Nintendo put out.

Why hasn't Uncharted Golden Abyss worked its magic, those titles are supposed to be Sony's big hitters.

PSP don't have mario and zelda but it sold well,ps1 the same thing and sold well,either ps2 and it's the bestselleing console ever.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

It's not gonna sell systems until you can play pokemon on it.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

turtuls said:
It's not gonna sell systems until you can play pokemon on it.

Sony has some key games like Little Big Planet or Gran Turismo that will make it sell dont worry...

Might not sell as good as 3DS but you can bet with me that there will be one time (maybe this holidays) where Vita is gonna outsell 3DS in 3/4 weeks.