By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony ditch the Playstation Vita?

I wouldn't underestimate Vita.

A single franchise (Monster Hunter) was responsible for the PSP rebirth in Japan.

Also a a single franchise (Call of Duty) was responsible for the HD consoles rebirth in US.

Vita just need the right game at the right time.

Around the Network

No, they just need to put more effort into it. I'm sure E3(TGS for Japan) will have plently of surprises.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Argh_College said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
yeh.. like they should have with PS3.

what? PS3 actually has a chance at being the number 1 system this gen?

no Sony shouldn't ditch the Vita. give it a nice little price cut and by the end of the year with all the massive games coming it will be flying off the shelfs

Chance of being number 1 ? need that weed man.

No, they shouldnt ditch Vita, it will pick up on holidays and next year with proper software.

I sure hope so. I guess we have to wait until E3 to find out if Sony is really seroius about the Vita.

DarkTemplar said:

A single franchise (Monster Hunter) was responsible for the PSP rebirth in Japan.

Also a a single franchise (Call of Duty) was responsible for the HD consoles rebirth in US.

Whut? Rebirth? 

VGKing said:
DarkTemplar said:

Whut? Rebirth? 

Just look at sales, Call of Duty games were the biggest system sellers of the HD console. Before CoD became a social phenomenon, Wii was outselling both combined.

The sucess of CoD games directly increased not only HD console sales, but created a wave of clones games traying to re-edit its sucess which incresed the sales of HD consoles as well.

Can you imagine how PS360 sales would performe in last couple of years without call of duty games?

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Argh_College said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
yeh.. like they should have with PS3.

what? PS3 actually has a chance at being the number 1 system this gen?

no Sony shouldn't ditch the Vita. give it a nice little price cut and by the end of the year with all the massive games coming it will be flying off the shelfs

Chance of being number 1 ? need that weed man.

I think what he is referring to is in a sense a kind of cheating. Sony will continue to market and sell the PS3 after the xbox 360 and wii move on to the next generation. Also, there are countries that the Playstation is marketed to that Microsoft and Nintendo do not market in. The PS2 sold over 40 million since last generation ended for Sony. That's an estimation considering VGChartz has taken out the weekly data for systems from the previous generation. e.e

im no witcher but i dont think MS will stop selling 360s before Ps3.

No. Vita will be fine.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Yes, after a couple of years why not?

DarkTemplar said:
VGKing said:
DarkTemplar said:

Whut? Rebirth? 

Just look at sales, Call of Duty games were the biggest system sellers of the HD console. Before CoD became a social phenomenon, Wii was outselling both combined.

The sucess of CoD games directly increased not only HD console sales, but created a wave of clones games traying to re-edit its sucess which incresed the sales of HD consoles as well.

Can you imagine how PS360 sales would performe in last couple of years without call of duty games?

You know you that might have had something to do with it. There's no way to know for sure though. If COD didn't take off, something else would have.