By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Highest Grossing Films Of All Time: Elimination Game - THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING WINS!

Mordred11 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The most influential movie ever most likely winning isn't a crappy result Pezus, whatever your personal feelings on the movie....look at it objectively.

Star Wars (77) to this day has the best word of mouth ever & changed the industry.

Most movies on this list wouldn't exist without it.

More mainstream doesn't mean better at all !!

This is more than just mainstream...we're talking about inspiration. James Cameron left his job as a truck driver after seeing Star Wars, the movie had that kind of an effect on people. It would be a travesty if JP or Fellowship won over star wars.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

The most influential movie ever most likely winning isn't a crappy result Pezus, whatever your personal feelings on the movie....look at it objectively.

Star Wars (77) to this day has the best word of mouth ever & changed the industry.

Most movies on this list wouldn't exist without it.

Good point. Star Wars brought about a resurgance in Sci Fi. It showed Hollywood that Sci Fi could be profitable in a huge way. It lead the way for Alien to be made by Fox with a good sized buget, since they wanted to capitalise on the success of Star Wars with another space movie. Originally Alien was going to be a low buget crappy B Sci Fi movie.

1 Jurassic Park $914,691,118 DEAD
2 The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring $871,530,324 1
3 Star Wars IV: A new Hope    $775,398,007

-jP

+SWANH

All in all, The Prestige,Inception , and TDK are the best movies ever. LOLZ.
LONG LIVE NOLAN!

darthdevidem01 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
JP is at 3, damn it!

It's lucky to even get this far lol. 

It means it's a good movie in its own merit, because unlike Boring Wars it doesn't have fans so hardcore that they're willing to spam any poll in orther to make it win-

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Because avatar hasn't maintained popularity...it's clear SW IV has as you can see...that alone should tell you why.

You may not care for influence or anything but this list isn't "yours" is it.

And it's not just about influence, SW IV is an amazing movie in its own right....far more so than anything else left on the list now. Jurassic Park has the depth of a paddling pool if you see it now & Fellowship is good but Return Of The King overshadows it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

pezus said:

Then why didn't Avatar win? That's a mainstream and very influential movie (3D). SW IV is not even the best Star Wars movie, I do not care for influence or crap like that.

1 Jurassic Park $914,691,118 3

Fixed (why are many of you adding mysterious points to SWIV??

Maybe in 20 years we can say the same thing about Avatar, but until we see a surge in good 3D movies Avatar is just a good movie. All of this post processing 3D is hard on the eyes.

pezus said:
JP>ANH

Hell yeah ,my brothar! *high five*

superchunk said:
1 Jurassic Park $914,691,118 DEAD

-jP

+SWANH

12+1 is not 16!!

AAAArgh!! I've witnessed this thread for only its last 3h and I've already seen several mistakes.

I give up. You can't beat Star Snores' fans.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

+LOTR

-SW IV