By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New York Times: Sony Is 'In the Fight of its Life'

Ji99saw said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
sony are dying slowly!

^^ This, but only because they refuse to do anything about changing anything. They got use to being the big dog and now they are being domolished by everyone else. The gaming division is making money but they need to make more blockbusters instead of 20 mildly sucessful titles with huge budgets.

it's like you guys don't even try LMAO

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
How could I survive without Nsanity bringing me my Sony news.

Then leave.

Nsanity said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Then leave.

Honestly speaking, I really don't get the problem, so what if you posted negative sony news, not like you inserted your own 2 cents in it. 

Regarsing the topic, I find it funny that some people think Kaz is the person to fix this mess. Like Seece points out, it is like Obama all over again. 

And they simply had to acquire Ericsson just before their imminent death...

xD

Hopefully they'll turn this around. I don't want Apple to take their place a few years from now!

Its funny they say Playstation is one of their more profitable parts when we all know it is last place in its market and has yet to make up for the billions it lost in 2006-2009.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Nsanity said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Then leave.

Honestly speaking, I really don't get the problem, so what if you posted negative sony news, not like you inserted your own 2 cents in it. 

Regarsing the topic, I find it funny that some people think Kaz is the person to fix this mess. Like Seece points out, it is like Obama all over again. 

so you think Kaz will not fix ANYTHING?

and why wouldn't he be the person?

..seems like you are implying that Kaz is going to run the rest of Sony into the ground(bankrupt)

so would you like to make a bet?

;)

Realistically, Sony has been on a downward spiral as a company for 15 (or possibly more) years ... While this has been much more pronounced in some divisions than others, no division has been immune, and the upper management was groomed within this environment; and likely see the poor decisions that got them into this position as the right decisions.

This is a critique on Sony right now, not an outlay of its future. It's relatively clear the steps that need to be made and it has a new CEO to do just that.Though the current situation is bad, it's future situation is much more optimistic. The article was only addressing the mistakes that lead the company to where it is. Do not translate that as a "death sentence". Sony has a lot more potential and you can find some analysts that would argue that instead of just highlighting the present. If Sony continued doing all the things it did in the past several years it will have problems, but why would they do that?

Sony is only "doomed" to where it is now. All of these negative aspects have already affected the company. It's future is dependent on how its new plans work out. Not what has already damaged them.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

enditall727 said:
Acevil said:
Nsanity said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Then leave.

..seems like you are implying that Kaz is going to run the rest of Sony into the ground(bankrupt)

;)

I don't feel it will be the giant it use to be, however time will tell if he fucks it up. I just don't think he is the hero that everyone claims him to be. I don't think it will go Bankrupt. 

Acevil said:
enditall727 said:
Acevil said:
Nsanity said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Then leave.

;)

I don't feel it will be the giant it use to be, however time will tell if he fucks it up. I just don't think he is the hero that everyone claims him to be. I don't think it will go Bankrupt. 

oh okay, i see

it depends on what you mean when you say "giant"

of course they wont dominate the gaming world the way they did. If the PS3 would've sold like the PS2, it still wouldn'thave dominated the way it did last gen simply because of the way Nintendo Wii sold this gen compared to last gen

now they can get back to where they were money wise easily. They just need to leave the PS3 at $250, keep the Vita at $250 until the costs to make it drop down to atleast $195(R&D included), and cut down on the camera and TV sections of their business