By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Edge: Microsoft's Xbox division loses $229 million

Mazty said:
BenVTrigger said:
@Mazty

where are you getting this magical COD sells significantly more than Halo number from. It typically sells about 2 million or so more on the 360 than Halo.

Once your over 10 million in sales a 2 million difference is not significant. When you track digital Halo sales for Reach its certainly over 11 million due to every holiday bundle in NA during last Christmas coming with one not to mention the people who just reguraly bought it, while MW3 is at 13 million.

You are arguing cemantics because you think you can't be proven wrong even though you know your wrong. And believe me every person whose readin this thread regardless of which console they prefer knows your wrong as well.

ODST sold 6 million. Black Ops and MW3 sold over 13 million each on the 360. MW3 looks like it will actually make more money for MS then ODST will do by the end of the consoles life.
Also don't forget that no Halo game has sold close to Halo 3 this generation, whereas the CoD games are increasing in sales with each release.

I'm arguing math; you are just ranting. 

ODST also had MUCH lower marketing and development costs, so you're probably wrong.
And even if, Halo Reach made MS more money than MW2 and MW3 combined so stop picking single release because that doesn't make any sense either.

Around the Network

Is "Games for Windows LIVE" in the Xbox division?? I use the 360 controller for some games on my PC. It would almost seem logical for Microsoft to go back to PC gaming because most new consoles are going that direction anyway.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

BenVTrigger said:
@ Mazty

Ranting? I'm not even mad I really don't care if Halo sells 50 copies or 100 bazillion copies the only reason I'm arguing with you is because your wrong, otherwise I could care less.

People who parade around with an agenda are boring especially when they are simply arguing cirles like you are just to try to stay in the conversation. Whats ironic is you keep telling people to state numbers and facts to back up what they are saying. Me and Barozi have both done so. Posted exact sales, how much MS gains in cash from both, etc. And yet you yourself have yet to post a single statistical fact.

So please good sir, explain to us with detailed numbers and math how COD gains MS more money than Halo.

You could care less? By how much...? A little or a lot? Because it's not zero on the scale of not caring....

Here is my secret agenda: Proft. 

You have forgotten other details though and I'm still curious to see how profitable the trophy system is. What facts do you want to see verified? 
CoD sells more and retails for a higher price, therefore the return to MS is not 1:1 as you are presuming it is. Also CoD is selling more per release, whereas Halo has yet to see sales close to that of Halo 3. 

ethomaz said:

These 1.4 million consoles is true??? so undertracked here ~500k.

And overshipped confirmed.

Why would there be 1.5m on shelves?

Barozi said:
Mazty said:
BenVTrigger said:
@Mazty

where are you getting this magical COD sells significantly more than Halo number from. It typically sells about 2 million or so more on the 360 than Halo.

Once your over 10 million in sales a 2 million difference is not significant. When you track digital Halo sales for Reach its certainly over 11 million due to every holiday bundle in NA during last Christmas coming with one not to mention the people who just reguraly bought it, while MW3 is at 13 million.

You are arguing cemantics because you think you can't be proven wrong even though you know your wrong. And believe me every person whose readin this thread regardless of which console they prefer knows your wrong as well.

ODST sold 6 million. Black Ops and MW3 sold over 13 million each on the 360. MW3 looks like it will actually make more money for MS then ODST will do by the end of the consoles life.
Also don't forget that no Halo game has sold close to Halo 3 this generation, whereas the CoD games are increasing in sales with each release.

I'm arguing math; you are just ranting. 

ODST also had MUCH lower marketing and development costs, so you're probably wrong.
And even if, Halo Reach made MS more money than MW2 and MW3 combined so stop picking single release because that doesn't make any sense either.

Actually if you look at the price of ODST and the retail price of the CoD's, it's not so clear cut. Plus why are you still going on about it? The 360 isn't a success because of Halo; that's just nonsensical desperate reasoning, so drop it or move on plz.

Around the Network
Seece said:
ethomaz said:

500k undertracked is less than 1.4m on shelves for 31th March.

A likely number on shelves.

ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:

Even your own numbers don't back up your defense, 800k and 1.1m are the last 2 years, not 1.4m.

I''m thinking 360 is about 600k - 700k undertracked that sounds about right to me.

Could be more or less but that would leave a little over a million on store shelves and in warehouses that sounds pretty good.

Either way we know its somewhat undertracked.

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:

Even your own numbers don't back up your defense, 800k and 1.1m are the last 2 years, not 1.4m.

Ok. Just wait VGC update their numbers to show the real stuff... I'm wrong if VGC change 360 numbers to over 600k in the next weeks.

pezus said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:

800k is when there were shortages though and it's quite likely that they shipped a bit too much in the holiday quarter.

Shortages were cleared up end of march.