By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension announced for PS3. Boxart, TRAILER inside.

Eh.

Not really in the mood for yet another prequal in GOW series. I mean this will be third one now when you count Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.

But whatevs I'm sure the gameplay and graphics will be awesome. They always are, it just seems pretty pointless at this time to keep going backwords in the timeline.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Eh.

Not really in the mood for yet another prequal in GOW series. I mean this will be third one now when you count Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.

But whatevs I'm sure the gameplay and graphics will be awesome. They always are, it just seems pretty pointless at this time to keep going backwords in the timeline.

Does something being a prequel automatically becomes worse because its not a sequel ??

No just in terms of story lines its time to move on past Kratos or at least address the ending of GOW3.

This just seems totally unessary from a plot standpoint, we already fully know about Kratos past by going through the other two prequals not to mention the 3 mainline GOW games which make references to his past.

IDK just feels like Sony's treading water here just to put out another GOW game before the generation ends. Like I said I'm sure the gameplay and graphics will be fantastic but in terms of plot I'm not interested in this game at all.

Move version? with dance mode I hope.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Santa Monica challenging Naughty Dog in 2013 for graphics throne >:D, TLOU VS GoW A.

STOCKED AS HELL. Do you guys even realize what this means?

PS4 will have Uncharted 4 & God of War IV <333 (perhaps even Killzone 4).

Around the Network

Damn, im happy but at the same time... idk. I thought the kratos series was over... i was expecting location in a different civilization. And being a prequel doesnt excite me as much.

Oh well, Ill have to wait for more info before I judge. Ill get it anyway. Best PS game ever

Awesome! Can't wait for it!

To be honest, I hoped for the beginning of a new trilogy and not a prequel. But nonetheless I'm incredibly hyped for this, God of War is my favourite series of all time

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Can't wait for that live stream on April 30th! They'll most likely be showing gameplay right?

BenVTrigger said:
No just in terms of story lines its time to move on past Kratos or at least address the ending of GOW3.

This just seems totally unessary from a plot standpoint, we already fully know about Kratos past by going through the other two prequals not to mention the 3 mainline GOW games which make references to his past.

IDK just feels like Sony's treading water here just to put out another GOW game before the generation ends. Like I said I'm sure the gameplay and graphics will be fantastic but in terms of plot I'm not interested in this game at all.

Well I'm sure they wanted to do a direct sequel to 3, but that would have been too ambitious and Sony probably told them to save that for the PS4.

Who knows, they might have a seperate team in Santa Monica working on 4 right now! You know, it means no sense to start a new story(which will most likely be a trilogy) on a console about to be replaced. I'm glad this is a prequel. It lowers my expectations a bit. 

VGKing said:
Can't wait for that live stream on April 30th! They'll most likely be showing gameplay right?

Yes.

Also guys =

"We still kept a bean or three unspilled. Keep your eyes open!"

&

"Oh but you haven't seen nothing yet"

AND:

Why did not you continue the story after the three parts?
"We will talk about that soon. You'll just need to have some patience with us ;)"

shame its a prequel. was looking foward to something new and fresh. hard to feel excited for this one
"got to have some faith in us. There will be more news soon, then let me know what you think ;)"

:O!!!