By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension announced for PS3. Boxart, TRAILER inside.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony is amazing. They give so f'n much to gamers.

because they develop successors of succesful ips to make money? i mean, i'm happy about all these games but it's not like they would pay their studios without developing new successful games^^ they are amazing with new ip's to risk something and to bring more variety but with safe hits? nah that's just business...

Sony has a lot of titles that werent majorly successful that they still kept and a lot that were. Look back all the way from PS1 to PS3.....holy hell. They need to bring out a super smash type game now. Its business, but they have proven SCE is a true gaming company who knows how to direct their sectors to make games. Simple. Everyone knows its business but gaming has become vital for Sony, which is why Hirai is now trying to help the rest of Sony. 

i didn't say anything about other games of sony, but calling them amazing with a new god of war? it's like calling nintendo amazing announcing the next mario game or square with new final fantasy.

Around the Network

Day 1!

This holiday season gonna be insane! im just getting started,bought witcher 2 today for 360, NEXT Month Max Payne 3!

Freakin awesome!! Hope they make a port for the PSVita though that console needs a GoW game bad!

crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

because they develop successors of succesful ips to make money? i mean, i'm happy about all these games but it's not like they would pay their studios without developing new successful games^^ they are amazing with new ip's to risk something and to bring more variety but with safe hits? nah that's just business...

Sony has a lot of titles that werent majorly successful that they still kept and a lot that were. Look back all the way from PS1 to PS3.....holy hell. They need to bring out a super smash type game now. Its business, but they have proven SCE is a true gaming company who knows how to direct their sectors to make games. Simple. Everyone knows its business but gaming has become vital for Sony, which is why Hirai is now trying to help the rest of Sony. 

i didn't say anything about other games of sony, but calling them amazing with a new god of war? it's like calling nintendo amazing announcing the next mario game or square with new final fantasy.

In the context of a gaming company Nintendo is amazing. So far my favorite E3 has been from them and their first party games are solid just like Sony. Third party games, mostly meh, but some are good.

Aj_habfan said:

This must be the game they were playing on the Tester, which they were playing with multiple people - perhaps some type of Versus or Co-op mode?

HA-Haaaaaa! you watched the tester!!

...so did i

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

You know what, a new GoW is exciting and all, but I was hoping for a new IP. I just love it when a generation is nearing its end, when developers have full control over the hardware, know all the tips, trick,s ins, and outs to make spectacular games, and then drop a mega-bomb new IP. Very much like the original God of War in the PS2 era. And very much like The Last of Us in our current generation. I was hoping for something like that with Santa Monica but wasn't holding my breath. So I am not disappointed, but not out-of-this-world excited either. It WILL be a solid game, and I WILL purchase it. Actually the part I am most excited for is to see the combat mechanics without the blades of chaos. See what kind of bad ass weapons they give us now. In all honesty, the range of weapons in GoW3 was uninspired. Apart from the original blades of chaos, and those lionhead boxing gloves (whatever they're called), every other weapon was a variation of the blades of chaos and that was disappointing. I just hope they surprise us with something in the game and do something different with it. Like what if combat in the game is reminiscent of say the battle scenes from 300, where a camera zooms in and out of the fight, speeds up and slows down, you can switch through different weapons like throwing a spear then pulling out a sword and continuing with the madness. Just some ideas that can spruce up the gameplay. I really hope it doesn't just turn out to be more of the exact same. Anyway, bring on more Kratos!!!

take my money

crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
crissindahouse said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Isn't that exactly what people do? It's the nature of having fans of your work. 

Well tats made my day. I think its a good choice to make another Prequel. It wouldnt make sense to start a new triology on PS3 and end it on PS4. So God of War 4 confirmed for PS4.

And from the story aspekt this has the potential to be the best of all God of War games.

God of War 3 was the worst from the story aspekt ( because whe already know Kratos will have its revange)

Cant wait.

EPIC!!!