By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales. Week 15: April 9 - April 15

spurgeonryan said:
Next week they should be getting Mario Party 9, so that could raise the Wii a bit. It is a Mario game.

Next week Vita has only Lumines and Wii has Mario Party

So unless Wii is deader than dead, it should be above Vita - and the Media will love it!

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts might actually crawl past 300k sooner rather than later. The big surprise for me though is Mario 3D Land doing better than Kart this week.

I wonder if the Vita will hit sub 4-5k during the summer.

VicViper said:
Roma said:
i wonder how low the Vita can go?

boring week

edit: sorry, wrong quotation!

I still liked the answer though, Mario party will surely give the Wii a little boost

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

From Neogaf, Vita release schedule:

04/19 Lumines: Electronic Symphony
04/26 Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta
NextRev: Eibunpou Tettei Tokkun
05/24 NextRev: Gyouseishoshi Shiken
Samurai & Dragons (Deluxe Package)
06/07 Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V
Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Battle Destiny
06/14 Persona 4: The Golden
Super Monkey Ball: Tokumori AsoVita!
06/28 Metal Gear Solid HD Edition
NextRev: IT Passport Shiken
NextRev: Kihonjouhou Gijutsusha Shiken
NextRev: Ouyou Jouhougijutsusha Shiken

Nothing to hold your breath for - but I think that Soul Sacrifice game will be released soon, so it might enter this list, giving it more impact. Because none of this can push Vita past 20k, I think.

Around the Network

Boo...how boring :/

Next week we see Fire Emblem and Mario Party, so boosts for both consoles around the corner. But Vita...how depressing.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Next week will be great for 3DS! I really really hope Code of Princess do well! Such a well crafted game it seems!
And next week will probably be the worse ever for Vita too. At least after that it's only up it'll go - I really can't believe in sub 5k weeks, unless it's pre price-cut week

New releases {2012.04.19}

[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening # (Nintendo) (¥4.800)
[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening [Special Pack] (Nintendo) (¥19.800)
[3DS] Code of Princess (Agatsuma Entertainment) (¥6.090)
[3DS] Nano Assault (CyberFront) (¥5.040)
[3DS] Cho-ricchi! Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.040)
[3DS] Earthpedia (Gakken Educational Publishers) (¥4.980)
[3DS] Imagine Fashion Designer 3D (Ubisoft) (¥3.990)

[PSV] Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Ubisoft) (¥3.990)

[NDS] Detective Conan: Kakokara no Zensou Kyoku (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.040)

[PSP] Detective Conan: Kakokara no Zensou Kyoku (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.040)
[PSP] Seinaru Kana: Orichalcum no Na no Motoni # (CyberFront) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Seinaru Kana: Orichalcum no Na no Motoni [Limited Edition] (CyberFront) (¥8.190)
[PSP] Miyako: Awayuki no Utage # (Idea Factory) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Miyako: Awayuki no Utage [Limited Edition] (Idea Factory) (¥8.190)
[PSP] Miyako: Awayuki no Utage - Twin Pack (Idea Factory) (¥9.240)
[PSP] Hiiro no Kakera Portable (Otomate Collection) (Idea Factory) (¥2.940)
[PSP] Sokukoku no Kusabi: Hiiro no Kakera 3 Portable (Otomate Collection) (Idea Factory) (¥2.940)
[PSP] Saikyo Toudai Shogi Deluxe (Mynavi Best) (Mynavi) (¥2.940)
[PSP] Mahjong Haoh Portable: Dankyuu Battle Special (Mynavi Best) (Mynavi) (¥1.995)

[PS3] The The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥7.980)
[PS3] Crysis 2 (EA Best Hits) (Electronic Arts) (¥3.654)
[PS3] Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! Meikai Katsugeki Wide-Han (Best Hit Selection) (CyberFront) (¥3.990)

[360] The The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥7.980)
[360] Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥5.980)

EDIT: Strange, in this list there's no Mario Party 9... I checked and it's not in next week, but the week after that! So Vita may not go under Wii, because that's Ciel no Surge week too!

Mario Kart seems to have had a bit of a drop, though it's the only one of the big three without a bundle. 3DS should probably have a boost next week from FE and wow, Vita after holding on to 10k for awhile is just falling now.

Anyway, it's now 4/19 here in Japan (past midnight), so I went to my the 24hr Geo about 5 minutes walk from my apartment and picked up Fire Emblem since they start selling new games at midnight, hehe. Surprisingly I wasn't the only one there. A guy/girl couple picked up the game as well a black 3DS console and another guy had the game pre-ordered. I didn't pre-order as there was no pre-order bonus for FE, so there wasn't really any need to pre-order. I did catch a glance at the box full of pre-ordered copies and there were quite a few in there, which was surprising since this store isn't that big.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

spurgeonryan said:
VicViper said:
From Neogaf, Vita release schedule:

06/28 Metal Gear Solid HD Edition

@bold

Is that Metal Gear just a port of an old Metal Gear game? Also are Vita owners in Japan waiting for Persona?

Metal Gear Solid HD is just the HD re-releases of the MGS games that came out on the PS3 and 360 already. Unlike in the West though it only contains MGS 2 and 3 (Peace Walker is not included). In Japan Peace Walker HD was released separately on the PS3/360.

Mario Party 9 releases on 4/26, so next week.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/ssqj/index.html

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Kingdom Hearts completely bombed. Wow. Overall boring week though as there was no new releases.