Do you agree with me?

Yes 9 12.00%

No. You are wrong but I can't prove it 11 14.67%

No. You are wrong and I w... 25 33.33%

I'm just confused... 10 13.33%

See results 20 26.67%

Total:75
pezus said:
You're taking a very strict view of the meaning of free here. It's all about what free means.

If you have a free will, then you can shape the future. If you don't have a free will then the future and all your future decisions are predetermined or determined by randomness, giving you no control of your actions.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:
You're taking a very strict view of the meaning of free here. It's all about what free means.

If you have a free will, then you can shape the future. If you don't have a free will then the future and all your future decision are predetermined or determined by randomness, giving you no control of your actions.

We all shape the future in our own way, thus we have free will. Q.E.D.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:

If you have a free will, then you can shape the future. If you don't have a free will then the future and all your future decision are predetermined or determined by randomness, giving you no control of your actions.

In every moment in time we all have a choice but in that moment we can only make one choice thats the point, think about this if we have free speach we can say anything we want, but we cant because we are bound by rules and law so is that complete freedom of speach? 

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:

Your decisions themselves do affect events. For an example for all those nasty viruses or diseases out there, scientists and doctors have discovered medicines and cures/vaccines for those illnesses. If none of those doctors/scientists did anything, the world wouldnt be where it is now.

It was the free will of those doctors/scientists to go down the path they took to find solutions for the problems that happened in the past. If they did nothing and left random chance, I doubt any of us would be alive or lived long enough to post here.

Now it is because of randomness, that it takes time for those cures/vaccines to be made which is why I believe randomness and free will go hand in hand together. Randomness in this case could be anything at this point, whether it could be existance of needed materials/supplies, funding for the research, or lab accidents, etc.

Basil's YouTube Channel

pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:

But we don't decide how to shape it. Our experiences (which could be determined or random) is what makes us decide how to shape the future.

Around the Network

You are on a path to become a great philosopher, IIIIITHE1IIIII.

Azamondeps3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:

In every moment in time we all have a choice but in that moment we can only make one choice thats the point, think about this if we have free speach we can say anything we want, but we cant because we are bound by rules and law so is that complete freedom of speach? 

But you're totally capable of saying things that are outside of those bounds and face the consequences, if you so choose to. Also, the law and social rules themselves are made by people's choices, they're not universal laws that bound you.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Slimebeast said:
You are on a path to become a great philosopher, IIIIITHE1IIIII.

Thank you, good sir :P

Eller, tack! :D

Troll_Whisperer said:
Azamondeps3 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:

But you're totally capable of saying things that are outside of those bounds and face the consequences, if you so choose to. Also, the law and social rules themselves are made by people's choices, they're not universal laws that bound you.

Yes you can say them but because of these laws you are bound to a false sence of freedom, same with free will the law is physics and we are bound in that law we can do what we want but only within the law of physics 

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:

But we don't decide how to shape it. Our experiences (which could be determined or random) is what makes us decide how to shape the future.

But how would you know if our experiences are determined by a higher being? How would you know if the even that occurred was random or a result of someone/something's decision/result?

Basil's YouTube Channel