Forums - Movies Discussion - Weekly poll: Anthony Hopkins, Sean Connery or Jack Nicholson?

Which of these is the best?

Anthony Hopkins 22 25.58%
 
Jack Nicholson 27 31.40%
 
Sean Connery 33 38.37%
 
See results 4 4.65%
 
Total:86
pezus said:
Mordred11 said:
pezus said:
Mordred11 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Nicholson, dat eyebrows!

Chosing Nicholson over Hopkins because of some damn eyebrows..you make me sick.SICK.

>_> Ever heard of The Shining, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Chinatown, The Departed, Batman? 

The Shining was great,i'll give him that.

Onew Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - haven't seen that.

Chinatown was good.

I hated him in The Departed,so damn annoying.

I hate all the old Batman movies because they are so inferior and lame to Nolan's vision.

The Silence of the Lambs is much better than The Shining,imo.And then there is Elephant Man,which I prefer over Chinatown.

<_< you haven't seen OFOtCN?!? Even though you hate the old Batman movies you must admit Nicholson really nailed the Joker (comic Joker). What was so annoying about him in The Departed? o.o

Some people are saying that he was even better than Heath Ledger...which is fucking ridiculous. I feel like it's my duty to hate on him for that.

And in The Departed, he was just too damn cocky.I can't say how happy I was when he finally died.

Apart from his character in The Shining,which he played brilliantly, I don't really like the others.



Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
pezus said:

<_< you haven't seen OFOtCN?!? Even though you hate the old Batman movies you must admit Nicholson really nailed the Joker (comic Joker). What was so annoying about him in The Departed? o.o

Some people are saying that he was even better than Heath Ledger...which is fucking ridiculous. I feel like it's my duty to hate on him for that.

And in The Departed, he was just too damn cocky.I can't say how happy I was when he finally died.

Apart from his character in The Shining,which he played brilliantly, I don't really like the others.

So you hated the character more than the actor! That's good, isn't it? He got you to hate him lol.



Bond, Indy, and The Rock are what pushes him ahead in my mind. He was not a super actor, just a popular one. Arnold will never win an Oscar either unless its for something other than acting or speaking. But he is still great!



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Bond, Indy, and The Rock are what pushes him ahead in my mind. He was not a super actor, just a popular one. Arnold will never win an Oscar either unless its for something other than acting or speaking. But he is still great!

Yeah, he's a good actor and a bit of an icon but on an acting level Nicholson is IMO miles ahead. Not sure if the thread is asking about that only though?



Yep, sir nick and sir Hopkins are great actors.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
pezus said:

So you hated the character more than the actor! That's good, isn't it? He got you to hate him lol.

Don't test my patience,pezus...or i'll feed you to the white walkers!



Sean Connery is nothing compared to Hopkins and Nicholson what Sean Connery role can compare to Hopkins SOTL or Nicholson Shinning??? So hes "indies dad" or the "original Bond" i don't see any Oscar worthy performances from those movies



Chevinator123 said:
Sean Connery is nothing compared to Hopkins and Nicholson what Sean Connery role can compare to Hopkins SOTL or Nicholson Shinning??? So hes "indies dad" or the "original Bond" i don't see any Oscar worthy performances from those movies


Hmm perhaps not, but he still seemed the right choice to pit against Hopkins & Nicholson (And checking his votes, I was not wrong about that)

@ Mordred: While Hopkins -> Nicholson in my opinion, you should definitely watch "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", it's a great movie.



You guys are aware that Connery has won an Oscar, right? Pshhh.

I suppose The Man Who Would be King isn't a good acting performance. Or the Offence. Or Finding Forrester. Or Zardoz. Okay, maybe I went too far...

Connery is the best though, Jack is the craziest, and Hopkins is a great Hannibal Lector.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
You guys are aware that Connery has won an Oscar, right? Pshhh.

I suppose The Man Who Would be King isn't a good acting performance. Or the Offence. Or Finding Forrester. Or Zardoz. Okay, maybe I went too far...

Connery is the best though, Jack is the craziest, and Hopkins is a great Hannibal Lector.

Well, Jack has been nominated for an Oscar 12 times! And won 3 of those