By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

stealth20k said:
OOT had the best use of items, bosses, and everything

Actually, OoT had the same use of items that every Zelda has had since the original one (maybe with the exception of Zelda II). Go into a dungeon, get the dungeon's item, use it to beat the boss. 

Every Zelda game fills your inventory with items that you'll barely use, but OoT had a large amount of those. Deku Nuts, Deku Sticks, Slingshot (outside the Deku Tree was only usable for Walltulas and nothing else), Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows, Fire Arrows and Bombchus were barely used if any at all by the majority of gamers because there was no actual need for them.  

Basically you could survive the game mostly on Bombs, Arrows, Megaton Hammer, Boomerang and the Hook/Longshot. At least on subsequent Zelda games (and ALTTP), there was a larger diversity of useful items (and a lot of useless ones as well).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
stealth20k said:

Actually, OoT had the same use of items that every Zelda has had since the original one (maybe with the exception of Zelda II). Go into a dungeon, get the dungeon's item, use it to beat the boss. 

Every Zelda game fills your inventory with items that you'll barely use, but OoT had a large amount of those. Deku Nuts, Deku Sticks, Slingshot (outside the Deku Tree was only usable for Walltulas and nothing else), Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows, Fire Arrows and Bombchus were barely used if any at all by the majority of gamers because there was no actual need for them.  

Basically you could survive the game mostly on Bombs, Arrows, Megaton Hammer, Boomerang and the Hook/Longshot. At least on subsequent Zelda games (and ALTTP), there was a larger diversity of useful items (and a lot of useless ones as well).

I think this guy Stealth20k can be ignored. he makes simple unsubstantiated claims quite often.  He's just doing that 'get my post count up' thing.  No point wasting your energy talking to him. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
lestatdark said:
stealth20k said:

I think this guy Stealth20k can be ignored. he makes simple unsubstantiated claims quite often.  He's just doing that 'get my post count up' thing.  No point wasting your energy talking to him. 

Nah, it's fun talking to those guys, at least to me, mostly because they either fall in two categories:

1st. They'll clam up and stop replying because they never had an argument to begin with
2nd. They go around in circles repeating the same thing (especially when they're alt accounts).

Let's see where this guy falls into

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Runa216 said:
lestatdark said:
stealth20k said:

was thinking the same about you honestly

lestatdark said:
stealth20k said:

That isnt what i was refering too..............shooting arrows on horseback, using arrows to hit weak spots were all really new

Deku nuts, sticks, slingshot all had there uses as a child.............the spells were usefull, and the element arrows were all usefull

Try surviving master quest 3d with just that and youll be dead

Around the Network
stealth20k said:
Runa216 said:
lestatdark said:
stealth20k said:

was thinking the same about you honestly

what? you thought I made short, poorly reasoned claims with no logic to back them up?  I think you're horribly mistaken. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Majora said:
Oh and PokemonBlack. The pokemon are uninspired. I miss the older locations. It just didn't feel magical to me - just made me yearn for Red/Blue Gold/Silver more.

Pokemon Black was my favourite after Gold/Silver :(

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

black and white were my favorite in terms of type combinations

no other pokemon game had better ones

stealth20k said:
lestatdark said:
stealth20k said:

That isnt what i was refering too..............shooting arrows on horseback, using arrows to hit weak spots were all really new

Deku nuts, sticks, slingshot all had there uses as a child.............the spells were usefull, and the element arrows were all usefull

Try surviving master quest 3d with just that and youll be dead

Shooting Arrows on horseback was done much better on Twilight Princess and it was a pain to do it on OoT, especially in the Big Poe quest. We're not talking about OoT doing it first, we're talking about that it didn't do it well because it had issues and it was far from intuitive. 

The spells were useful for what? Other than Din's Fire, they were just a big drain of magic which was best used on Light Arrows as an adult (heck, Farore's Wind only use was to teleport you back to the entrance of the dungeons, which outside the Water Dungeon, wasn't actually a hard thing to do as the dungeons weren't that large or hard to begin with). Deku nuts being useful? That's a first, since they basically only stunned enemies which was the same as blocking their attacks with the shield to begin with. Deku sticks biggest and probably only use was to light torches which were proeminent only on the inside of the Deku Tree and Slingshot had few uses other than taking down Walltulas and was quickly discarded once you had the boomerang.

Funny, I already survived Master Quest 3D using mostly the items I referred. You talk as if OoT Master Quest is hard when the only thing that's actually challenging about it is the changes to the layouts and puzzles, especially on the Zora Ice Cavern, which on the 3D version was piss poor easy because you didn't had the time limit that the original version had (now that puzzle was hard as hell because of the time limit).

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Shooting Arrows on horseback was done much better on Twilight Princess and it was a pain to do it on OoT, especially in the Big Poe quest. We're not talking about OoT doing it first, we're talking about that it didn't do it well because it had issues and it was far from intuitive. 

The spells were useful for what? Other than Din's Fire, they were just a big drain of magic which was best used on Light Arrows as an adult (heck, Farore's Wind only use was to teleport you back to the entrance of the dungeons, which outside the Water Dungeon, wasn't actually a hard thing to do as the dungeons weren't that large or hard to begin with). Deku nuts being useful? That's a first, since they basically only stunned enemies which was the same as blocking their attacks with the shield to begin with. Deku sticks biggest and probably only use was to light torches which were proeminent only on the inside of the Deku Tree and Slingshot had few uses other than taking down Walltulas and was quickly discarded once you had the boomerang.

Funny, I already survived Master Quest 3D using mostly the items I referred. You talk as if OoT Master Quest is hard when the only thing that's actually challenging about it is the changes to the layouts and puzzles, especially on the Zora Ice Cavern, which on the 3D version was piss poor easy because you didn't had the time limit that the original version had (now that puzzle was hard as hell because of the time limit).

I think he might just suck at games.  

The only thing I found even remotely hard about Ocarina of Time was figuring shit out, since there were some key things the game just plain didn't tell you. Take the fire Arrows for instance: You needed them to complete the final dungeon, yet the game never told you this, made you get them, or even remotely hinted that they were needed.  yeah, they are pretty easy to get, but it was never told that you NEEDED to get them, and having to leave the final dungeon, trek across the world to lake hyrule, get the arrows, then return was a tedious, annoying chore.  I wasted so much magic and arrows trying to get that torch in the final dungeon.  

The spirit temple was another delightfully cryptic puzzle.  yeah, it could be figured out in time, but it was just such a damn chore to walk all the way there, see the cutscene, then have to return to the temple of time to turn into a kid again...then leave halfway through then turn into an adult again.  That one isn't AS bad or frustrating, but it's still a lot of work.  

There were more examples, but those are the only two that stuck out in my mind becuase of how pissed off I was when it happened.  Game has massive conveyance issues, it just doesn't guide you through most of itself, you just kinda wander around until something happens.  Sure, now that everyone knows what they have to do it seems simple, but for a first time player or someone who isn't familiar with the game (me), it required entirely too much guesswork and wandering around.  Huge waste of time, and for that reason it's poorly designed. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX