By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 was the top selling video game system of 2011 (sold more than 3DS)

@pezus @ninpie

That's strange, I thought everyone ragged on Sony for doing the shipped rather than sold trick. Great news anyhow, lord knows the PS3 deserves it. 

Let's continue the Sony circlejerk!

Around the Network

3DS will obviously be #1 this year. No chance for any console to take pass it.

Anyway its great to see the PS3 continuing to sell well. Congratz Sony.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

yes GI. why for you go use big words for lol!

What is that supposed to mean?
It's quite true, what I am saying.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

...The pre-order chart has become increasingly unreliable. I don't know how a 1-2m selling game (for 2012) will "trounce" a console (PS3)..

You aren't reading correctly! Together those games will help the 3DS trounce the PS3. Animal Crossing brings in the young kids and casuals while Luigi's Mansion gives someting for the Nintendo Fans. Animal Crossing (based on DS's sales for that game) sell really well on Portable consoles.

The only way 3DS will trounce PS3 is with a 2D Mario. When is AC coming out?

False.

We have no specifics, it's confirmed for 2012 though...

old news is old

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117165

Around the Network

Woo, but what was software? Was this actually enough to make Sony money.... No

pezus said:

No, it's true. What do you think of as trouncing? Trouncing is selling 4-5m+ more imo...3DS is not going to sell 18-19m without a 2D mario.

Derp, you should've said that before! I was being sarcastic, if you think of trouncing that way. The 3DS will come on top but I doubt 5 Million + on top. With a 2D Mario it would, you are right. With AC 3D and LM2 it still would win.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

No, it's true. What do you think of as trouncing? Trouncing is selling 4-5m+ more imo...3DS is not going to sell 18-19m without a 2D mario.

Derp, you should've said that before! I was being sarcastic, if you think of trouncing that way. The 3DS will come on top but I doubt 5 Million + on top. With a 2D Mario it would, you are right. With AC 3D and LM2 it still would win.

Maybe, but PS3 still has a price cut up its shiny USB port!

Still won't happen. Price Cut = raise in sales. Nintendo First Party games = Large raise in sales.

pezus said:

Like when Mario Kart, SM3DLand came out? Not to mention a very large price cut. Still couldn't outsell PS3!

Exactly like when those games came out. you didn't see the huge jump in HW 3DS sales at the end of the year!? 

Those games released near the end of the year... thy didn't have a lot of time on the market to be able to do what I described.

pezus said:
BHR3 said:
old news is old

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117165

Did you predict for video game systems overall? Only consoles, no?

it doesnt really matter, i was playing with you with the 'old news is old"

what matters is that i predicted it in 2010 right when the 360 and wii where putting an ass kicking on the ps3 sales wise and to this date i still get half the credit i deserve for even all my correct early and bold predictions.  once this year is up and the 360 is the number one selling console as i predicted last fall, i will be truly immortal, and it will prove wrong to those just thinking that they where dealing with a silly console fanboy