By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 was the top selling video game system of 2011 (sold more than 3DS)

pezus said:
Jay520 said:
3DS will destroy PS3 this year...

...unless THE AGENT releases this year. If so, PS3 will sell over 20million units.

What about FFvXIII? That could really shake things up and get PS3 to 25m+

You can only dream about VXIII coming this year... just dreaming.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Jay520 said:
3DS will destroy PS3 this year...

...unless THE AGENT releases this year. If so, PS3 will sell over 20million units.

What about FFvXIII? That could really shake things up and get PS3 to 25m+

And if The Last Guardian releases...

...THIRTY MILLION!

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
3DS will be on top, even you think so Pezus... you just do not know it yet.

If they release mario 2D. Otherwise...will be close.

It's been said several times that it will/most likely will. We're also gettin Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing... both big enough to crush the PS3

What? Luigi's Mansion?? I understand Animal Crossing, because it's a pretty popular franchise (and a system seller), but Luigi's Mansion...

I'm guessing you don't look at the Pre-Order Charts? That's just in America, too! Together those games will trounce the PS3 this year.

I thought Microsoft released a statement saying the 360 was the best selling home console? What are these adjustments based on?

Sal.Paradise said:
I thought Microsoft released a statement saying the 360 was the best selling home console? What are these adjustments based on?

I'm pretty sure that was just shipped consoles.

Around the Network
halil23 said:
Don't forget to add in The Last Of Us!!

The joke is that we're listing games that probably won't release. So that at the end of the year, we can say "if XXXX released, sales would be at 30m!!!!"

If we add TLOU, it might actually come out and sales won't be at 30m. Then, we will look silly.

pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
NintendoPie said:
3DS will be on top, even you think so Pezus... you just do not know it yet.

If they release mario 2D. Otherwise...will be close.

It's been said several times that it will/most likely will. We're also gettin Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing... both big enough to crush the PS3

What? Luigi's Mansion?? I understand Animal Crossing, because it's a pretty popular franchise (and a system seller), but Luigi's Mansion...

I'm guessing you don't look at the Pre-Order Charts? That's just in America, too! Together those games will trounce the PS3 this year.

...The pre-order chart has become increasingly unreliable. I don't know how a 1-2m selling game (for 2012) will "trounce" a console (PS3)..

The original Luigi's Mansion sold 3.6 million units on the GAMECUBE. LM2 should be a moderately big deal, though I'm thinking NPie is overestimating it a bit.

Love and tolerate.

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

here we go again

edit, congrats to Sony and "first." srry but GI has rubbed off on me.

Game informer?

yes GI. why for you go use big words for lol!

pezus said:

...The pre-order chart has become increasingly unreliable. I don't know how a 1-2m selling game (for 2012) will "trounce" a console (PS3)..

You aren't reading correctly! Together those games will help the 3DS trounce the PS3. Animal Crossing brings in the young kids and casuals while Luigi's Mansion gives someting for the Nintendo Fans. Animal Crossing (based on DS's sales for that game) sell really well on Portable consoles.

Agent or The Last Guardian releasing? You guys are good, there's a 'post a joke' thread you can use for that though.