end Q1 2013 93 15.10%

end Q2-3 2013 193 31.33%

end Q4 2013 165 26.79%

by october 2012 43 6.98%

Total:616

hah i always knew that the gap between ps3/360 is a lot smaller and closer

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

The PS3 actually hasn't lost a noteworthy exclusive in quite sometime and the last one the 360 lost (as a console exclusive) was Mass Effect. Lately, things have actually quited down, presumably to prep for the next generation.

Also, see my edited above regarding Demon's Souls and Heavenly Sword.

Bad wording. When I said "losing exclusives" I didn't mean exclusive franchises becoming multiplatform. I meant that the consoles are getting less 3rd party/2nd party exclusive support than earlier this gen.

About Demon's Souls and Heavenly Sword. They are Sony IPs, but they were developed by third parties. Third Parties are not as willing to make exclusives as they were earlier this gen. See From Software went on to make Dark Souls and Ninja Theory went to make Enslaved. Both are multiplats. 3rd Parties making exclusives is far less common compared to 3-5 years ago.

theprof00 said:
Jay520 said:
Crystalchild said:
Funfact: The PS3 still is a financial desaster, while the 360 did quite well for MS.

That has nothing to do with nothing

He's just upset that persona 5 is ps3 exclusive.

I hope they make a SMT Digital devil Saga 3 or Nocturne/Lucifers Call 2 rather than Persona 5, those are harder and way cooler then Persona subseries :D

Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:

The PS3 actually hasn't lost a noteworthy exclusive in quite sometime and the last one the 360 lost (as a console exclusive) was Mass Effect. Lately, things have actually quited down, presumably to prep for the next generation.

Also, see my edited above regarding Demon's Souls and Heavenly Sword.

Bad wording. When I said "losing exclusives" I didn't mean exclusive franchises becoming multiplatform. I meant that the consoles are getting less 3rd party/2nd party exclusive support than earlier this gen.

About Demon's Souls and Heavenly Sword. They are Sony IPs, but they were developed by third parties. Third Parties are not as willing to make exclusives as they were earlier this gen. See From Software went on to make Dark Souls and Ninja Theory went to make Enslaved. Both are multiplats. 3rd Parties making exclusives is far less common compared to 3-5 years ago.

You realize that is only because of hwo equal the consoles are correct?

Ah the ps defence force! I think it took the ps3 quite long considering the superior brand name and ps2 dominance... Who should have thougt this 7years ago. But in the end it doens't matter... Only the true fanboys kick on this sort of gap philosophy... What matters is that both consoles were immensely popular and got awsome games ;) (coming from a big xboxfan... I just don't care about sale places... I only care about the games...

This post has been moderated ~ Barozi

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:

We know it doesn't lack in-house exclusive support, but I think he's talking about some of the recent JRPG exclusive (like Ni No Kuni and Final Fantasy X HD) love it's getting (something a PlayStation needs).

Something like Final Fantasy Versus XIII can now remain exclsuive (not that it will, necessarily) and have healthy enough sales on the PS3 without the need of multiplatting because of the growth in fanbase.

See above

Depends on how you judge it, and btw, you forgot the Yakuza titles.

I suppose. I just think it's odd that he'd say the PS3 has been recieving more non-first-party exclusives recently. Both the X360 and PS3 are actually losing 2nd/3rd party exclusives as this generation carries on with each console's install base increasing. 

Well, demon's souls was actually after ps3 reduced the gap significantly, and it was just a bit more than 2 years ago, so I'd lump that in. I wasn't being scientific with my statement, but the overall point is that once the ps3 started closing the gap significantly, it started getting more attention.

Secondly, you missed a portion of what I said. It's not just about getting exclusives, it was about getting devs to consider multiplat rather than 360 exclusive, which happened for a bunhc of titles. Many JRPGs that were 360 exclusive went multiplat. Mass Effect went multiplat. Bioshock...and several others.

You're right. More developers leaving 360 exclusivity for multiplatform. As the PS3 install base grows more and more, developers cannot ignore it.

Same for the PS3. Except it's not with formerly exclusive franchises becoming multiplat. It's that developers stop making exclusives and start making multiplats while the IP stays with Sony. (see Ninja Theory, From Software). As the PS3 loses 3rd party devs to make exclusives, it's also not gaining enough to counter that loss. Thus, it's losing exclusives from 3rd parties.

but but but

MS shipped the most in 2011, lot of trash talking on here mid to late 2011 on this matter dont see any of the culprits in here either

but to there defense it means nothing now MS gots all the 3rd party support and most of 3rd party games are lead/ superior on the 360 amoung many other advatages in terms of a gaming console. this would of meant more if it had happened late 09 or early 2010 it kinda looked like it would there when the PS3 wnet to 300 and outsold both the wii and 360 even in NPD.

when will ps3 pass the 360 certainly not this yr i have them both selling the same amount and even the 360 taking the sales lead for this year, remember this is a even numbered year

kowenicki said:
Hands up all those who, in 2006 just prior to the PS3 launch, thought the PS3 would still be behind after 6 years?

No cheating now...

There are threads that prove nobody thought that.

Everyone thought it would say past within a year or so.

MS has played an absolute blinder. Butchering Sony domination, becoming the console of choice in the US and UK and carving out a genuinely viable business.

Now thats... "amazing"

Yup, it was a smart move for 360 to set the ps3 launch price at 600$. Simply great strategy on MS part.

MS didn't really butcher anything...Sony handed them the gen.

bonkers555 said:
Sony can be second place and they will still consider the biggest loser this gen. How the hell could you lose such a huge market share to two company that you dominated so badly last gen?

Market shifted from Japan nearly completely to the USA
The 360 had the more appealing "games" aka Call of Duty Support and Halo combined with in some opinions best Online System.

Without Call of Duty and the USA the 360 would be long ago at 3rd Place.Pretty much a fact.
You just have to look at how much the 360 is selling in the Release and Christmas month thanks to this game series alone.

Still kinda amazing the PS3 is catching that good up without those stuff.
Probably thanks to Europe and Japan alone.The PS3 will get to 2nd place but not this year - Q2 next year it will take over.
I can see people more and more get annoyed by the Lineup the 360 has to offer for now - And i think a lot people will switch over cause they refuse
to buy Kinect Games.Especially now where PC Hardware is damn cheap.For many people PC + PS3 is the way to go.

kowenicki said:
Hands up all those who, in 2006 just prior to the PS3 launch, thought the PS3 would still be behind after 6 years?

No cheating now...

There are threads that prove nobody thought that.

Everyone thought it would say past within a year or so.

MS has played an absolute blinder. Butchering Sony domination, becoming the console of choice in the US and UK and carving out a genuinely viable business.

Now thats... "amazing"

And only 6 months after that, people were saying PS3 would be the next Dreamcast...

There is no reason to degrade PS3s success, what was once a 9 million gap has closed to 2 million and continues to close. Why damage controlling?

Also can we once congratulate the PS3s success without someone coming in and defending how "amazing" Microsoft is doing?