end Q1 2013 93 15.10%

end Q2-3 2013 193 31.33%

end Q4 2013 165 26.79%

by october 2012 43 6.98%

Total:616
theprof00 said:
Jay520 said:
theprof00 said:
Every console that closes the gap reminds developers that they might as well make their 360 game multiplat. Every amount of ps3 growth helps devs who are leaning exclusive to stay exclusive. Way back when the gap was 13m ps3 was losing exclusives left and right and games were being made on the 360 and ported.
Nowadays, ps3 is starting to get exclusives again, some games are being primaried on the ps3, etc etc.
This is turn makes the lifespan longer, meaning they can keep the price higher for longer, and it's a snowball from there until next gen becomes inevitable

@ Bolded

Like what?

I mean look at past 2 years compared to say 3-5 years ago.

I assume you're talking about 2nd/3rd party exclusives? If so, I disagree. The PS3 is actually seeing less 2nd/3rd party exclusives in the past two years than in 3-5 years ago. 2006-2009 saw third party exclusives like Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, etc. Within the past two years, I can only think of Heavy Rain and maybe a few other low-key games.

Around the Network

Funfact: The PS3 still is a financial desaster, while the 360 did quite well for MS.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

CGI-Quality said:

We know it doesn't lack in-house exclusive support, but I think he's talking about some of the recent JRPG exclusive (like Ni No Kuni and Final Fantasy X HD) love it's getting (something a PlayStation needs).

Something like Final Fantasy Versus XIII can now remain exclsuive (not that it will, necessarily) and have healthy enough sales on the PS3 without the need of multiplatting because of the growth in fanbase.

See above

wow just wow at the users trying to downplay this great achievement. I'm tempted to bust out my 2010 mentality on yer asses.

but then again, it's entertaining reading the pseudo-meltdowns.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Crystalchild said:
Funfact: The PS3 still is a financial desaster, while the 360 did quite well for MS.

That has nothing to do with nothing

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Crystalchild said:

That has nothing to do with nothing

He's just upset that persona 5 is ps3 exclusive.

bonkers555 said:
Sony can be second place and they will still consider the biggest loser this gen. How the hell could you lose such a huge market share to two company that you dominated so badly last gen?

True. And that was since long ago. Now, for Sony, it's just to retake a sexy second place for next gen (with a good lead over 3rd.)

Also I voted end Q2-3 2013    19    29.69%    

Not gonna happen before this Christmas and you know which console is stronger in xmas season.

CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:

We know it doesn't lack in-house exclusive support, but I think he's talking about some of the recent JRPG exclusive (like Ni No Kuni and Final Fantasy X HD) love it's getting (something a PlayStation needs).

Something like Final Fantasy Versus XIII can now remain exclsuive (not that it will, necessarily) and have healthy enough sales on the PS3 without the need of multiplatting because of the growth in fanbase.

See above

Depends on how you judge it, and btw, you forgot the Yakuza titles.

I suppose. I just think it's odd that he'd say the PS3 has been recieving more non-first-party exclusives recently. Both the X360 and PS3 are actually losing 2nd/3rd party exclusives as this generation carries on with each console's install base increasing. It's a lot harder to ignore a console when it has sold 60m+ units as opposed to only 20m.

Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Jay520 said:
CGI-Quality said:

See above

Depends on how you judge it, and btw, you forgot the Yakuza titles.

I suppose. I just think it's odd that he'd say the PS3 has been recieving more non-first-party exclusives recently. Both the X360 and PS3 are actually losing 2nd/3rd party exclusives as this generation carries on with each console's install base increasing. 

Well, demon's souls was actually after ps3 reduced the gap significantly, and it was just a bit more than 2 years ago, so I'd lump that in. I wasn't being scientific with my statement, but the overall point is that once the ps3 started closing the gap significantly, it started getting more attention.

Secondly, you missed a portion of what I said. It's not just about getting exclusives, it was about getting devs to consider multiplat rather than 360 exclusive, which happened for a bunhc of titles. Many JRPGs that were 360 exclusive went multiplat. Mass Effect went multiplat. Bioshock...and several others.

PsicloneX said:
Are these threads still relevant?really?this make some people happy after waiting 6 yrs?compare sony,s losses to what microsoft has gained this gen and we clearly can see who is the winner and who is the loser.anyway congrats to sony for losing so much money to get to 2nd or 1st.these type of threads always make me comment. pls make more.

didn't matter 6 yr.'s ago, and it doesn't matter now. it never mattered, but when you debate them for 6 yr.'s straight, and the gap that was once the distance between the earth and the moon, has the moon sitting in your backyard, people want to go and change the rules/conversation while still saying it doesn't matter for some f'd up reason.

don't say it doesn't matter cause time has passed. the conversation wouldn't have been brought up 6 yr.'s ago if it didn't matter!!!!!!!

what logic are you using here? no excuses!! it still matters!!! just because time has passed doesn't mean the reasons why people said it wouldn't happen, just up and disappear? those arguments don't go away. you can't change what was said in the past to not make the present not relevant. the argument never died, so it still matters.

the main reason it matters, is because it was said it wouldn't, doesn't matter the time frame. so many said it wouldn't happen, and soon it may be time for the i told you so's, the banns, and many thread lockings.

this gen. was the only gen. it mattered sadly. now i can truly say, i'll be glad when this gen.'s over.