end Q4 2012 122 19.81%

end Q1 2013 93 15.10%

end Q2-3 2013 193 31.33%

end Q4 2013 165 26.79%

by october 2012 43 6.98%

Total:616
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:

Yet another thread to add to the dustbin that contains all those of a similar vein that preceded it over the last 6 years.

Its an inevitable fact that the gap will decrease back to 2 million, what is it now, 2.4m? Its only a matter of months, if not weeks.

You mean it is likely based on recent trends, that the gap will decrease back to 2mil. But then it is very easy to make the arguement that it is likely based on recent trends, that the gap will yet again increase past 2mil later on in the year and will actually be bigger than it is now by the end of the year and so the vicious cycle continues of sony dominating 10 months of the year and only outselling the 360 by around 500k total a year. 

Around the Network
snowdog said:
It already has surpassed the 360 in terms of installed userbase imo. These figures don't take into account the number of replacement PS3s and 360s due to YLOD and RROD, do they..? I know several people that have bought at least 2 360s due to having their console dying. Isn't there something like a 1 in 3 failure rate or is that an urban myth..?

This is a major dead-end. It's impossible to tell without knowing directly from Gamestop and other companies. Basically, every console that died (let's assume 100%) was replaced. The question is, did gamestop count their replacement warranty thing as a new sale, or as a return, or something else? If one were to figure that out, and figure out the accounting involved in the gamestop warranty program (someone has the numbers), one could eventual figure out the install base. But right now that is almost impossible.

The evidence though, is that gamestop stopped offering warranties on 360s. You sell a warranty for usually 1-5th to 1/6th of the price, maybe less, and hope that less than that breaks within your warranty timeline, thereby you make money under the assumption that you yourself are covering the costs of a replacement. If gamestop pulled 360 warranties, it could point to them counting every replacement they gave as a "new sale". There could be other factors, but unfortunately, these are impossible to figure out, like I said. There may have been some kind of injunction, or other internal pressure to stop offering.. but it's very likely, in my opinion, that gamestop was treating their in-store replacements as new sales.

kowenicki said:

I suppose it has aspects of that in that i have to promote my business in person to clients, individuals and other groups of people... but no it isnt marketing or PR as such.

toying with me now? I guess I must be close.

Hmmm independent brand management? Consumer relations management?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ZaneWane said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:

Yet another thread to add to the dustbin that contains all those of a similar vein that preceded it over the last 6 years.

Its an inevitable fact that the gap will decrease back to 2 million, what is it now, 2.4m? Its only a matter of months, if not weeks.

why havent you updated this thread

why havent you updated your signature

LMFAO

Around the Network

So, seeing as this has been declared as a official spam thread by everyone and no-one, let's SPARTA!!!!

kowenicki said:
snowdog said:
It already has surpassed the 360 in terms of installed userbase imo. These figures don't take into account the number of replacement PS3s and 360s due to YLOD and RROD, do they..? I know several people that have bought at least 2 360s due to having their console dying. Isn't there something like a 1 in 3 failure rate or is that an urban myth..?

360s that have been available for the last 4 years are every bit as reliable as any other console.

More like 3 and a half years mate. That still leaves plenty of consoles out there that are capable of developing problems. The reliability problems of Sony and Microsoft consoles combined with Nintendo's decision to finally drop the TEV Unit in favour of a GPU using traditional programmable shaders has pretty much convinced me to own only 1 console next gen, the U.

I'm pretty sure the current numbers posted are not the ones that are post-adjustments completely...!!The current gap is obviously from an under tracked sales. Ps3's gap to 360 should be around 1.8 to 1.9 or even as less as 1 million. I was also beginning to feel that as per the current userbase numbers, Ps3's sales might have even surpassed on worldwide shipments and sales combined. Don't feel surprised, if VGchartz updates the gap to less than a million around October this year posting correct numbers of consoles sold actually.

GameAnalyser said:

I'm pretty sure the current numbers posted are not the ones that are post-adjustments completely...!!The current gap is obviously from an under tracked sales. Ps3's gap to 360 should be around 1.8 to 1.9 or even as less as 1 million. I was also beginning to feel that as per the current userbase numbers, Ps3's sales might have even surpassed on worldwide shipments and sales combined. Don't feel surprised, if VGchartz updates the gap to less than a million around October this year posting correct numbers of consoles sold actually.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
GameAnalyser said:

still decoding that...keep sending more of 'em so that I can understand your depiction of the sense.