By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita 2012 Predicted Sales Chartz 4.08 mil

Demo of Resistance looks very disappointing so I don't think CoD will be better...

Around the Network

It depends on holiday games lineup

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

@ conegamer,

I am optimistic, but that is not reflected in my data. I purely applied last year's percentages. In addition the Vita sales WENT UP this week, even though it dropped ~4000 in Japan the US had a large increase to create a ~2.5% increase WW from last week. *EDIT* Didn't notice sales adjustments, Vita did go down in sales, previous week sales were much higher than originally posted.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Turkish said:
CoD will be a megaton on PSV

I really doubt that. I don’t get why people think it will do well on a handheld when you can get a better experience on a bigger screen

*Waits for VGking explain how wrong I am*

Damn I missed the poll! I would have chosen 5m though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Its not gonna sell 5 millions without a price cut... thats for sure.

Around the Network

@Nem

Analysts have said Vita could sell 12 million with a price cut. I believe Vita would only sell as low as 5 million if it had a price increase.

sam987 said:
Demo of Resistance looks very disappointing so I don't think CoD will be better...

Cool logic.

Chark said:
@ conegamer,

I am optimistic, but that is not reflected in my data. I purely applied last year's percentages. In addition the Vita sales WENT UP this week, even though it dropped ~4000 in Japan the US had a large increase to create a ~2.5% increase WW from last week.

The Vita is actually down WoW, it's just that it was adjusted up on previous weeks, so on the positive side it was doing better than we thought, but stil trending down from 83k to 73k

It is true that it was slightly up in the US though, so it sales should level off in Europe soon also, and they can't go much lower in Japan either.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Chark said:
@ conegamer,

I am optimistic, but that is not reflected in my data. I purely applied last year's percentages. In addition the Vita sales WENT UP this week, even though it dropped ~4000 in Japan the US had a large increase to create a ~2.5% increase WW from last week.

The Vita is actually down WoW, it's just that it was adjusted up on previous weeks, so on the positive side it was doing better than we thought, but stil trending down from 83k to 73k

It is true that it was slightly up in the US though, so it sales should level off in Europe soon also, and they can't go much lower in Japan either.

Wait so adjustments? Are you telling me my data is off? Will I have to reenter the first 16 weeks then? I will adjust tonight. Looks like the adjustment was over 100k or something. Did adjustment affect 2011 data? If so i need to redo my graphs.

Chark said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Chark said:
@ conegamer,

Wait so adjustments? Are you telling me my data is off? Will I have to reenter the first 16 weeks then? I will adjust tonight. Looks like the adjustment was over 100k or something. Did adjustment affect 2011 data? If so i need to redo my graphs.

Yeah, NPD showed it was doing quite better than what VGC showed. Good luck re-entering all those numbers!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.