By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official iOS Gaming Thread!

NiKKoM said:
Exile1987 said:
Quite a few point and click enthusiast's here, I remember playing one game on an old school computer (circa 1996) and it was called day of the tentacle? anyone know of this game? woudn't mind playing that again!

One of my favorite games ever.. i wish lucasarts would port all their old games over.. If you jailbreak your iPad you could install Scummv on it and could play all their old adventure games.. But I would gladly pay them money for ports of Day of The Tentacle, Sam and Max, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, the Dig and Full Throttle

Scratch The Dig and replace it with Monkey Island 3, Indy and the last Crusade, Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken or Loom. All of them are way better than The Dig, imo the only boring and completely uninspired adventure game LucasArts has ever made (no wonder, it's based on an idea by thinktank and world-class humorist Steven Spielberg).

I don't just want more remakes/ports from LucasArts, I also hope EA one day realize that they could port The Legend of Kyrandia 1-3 to TabletPCs, Westwood's great adventure trilogy. I want Overhaul Games (the guys who currently work on Baldurs Gate 1+2) to port Interplay's great Star Trek games 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites. I want Discworld 1+2+Noir, Toonstruck and a plethora of Sierra and Dynamix adventure games.

3 other ports of classics are at least already in the works: The Last Express, The Longest Journey, and the oldest of them all, Shadowgate (originally from 1987).

TabletPCs are perfect for p&c games. I wonder if the slow German adventure developers will ever realize this and start developing their games as multiplats (as the more clever US guys from Telltale already do). Daedalic is working on a port of Edna & Harvey. That's at least a start.

@Exile1987:
Many people around the world know and absolutely love DOTT and still play it from time to time on PC or other systems via ScummVM. DOTT is #4 in my personal book of best adventure games ever made (MI1, MI2 and Indy 4 take places 1 to 3).

Around the Network

Any important price drops I should know about before I die of sleep deprivation?

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

spurgeonryan said:

More good news for mobile games!

Plague Inc. sells 1.1 million copies for iOS in seven weeks

Developer Ndemic Creations announced that its strategy game Plague Inc. has pushed 1.1 million copies in just seven weeks.

These numbers were achieved without the aid of a marketing budget, according to the press release. A content update will launch soon.

First-time developer James Vaughan made the game for iPhone and iPad. Plague Inc. was the #1 paid app in the US for two weeks and remains in the top charts, boasting over 60,000 5-star ratings.

Plague Inc. challenges players to infect over 50 countries, counteracting everything humanity invents to protect itself from your pathogen and "Patient Zero." It features 10 disease types, save/load functionality, scoreboards, and achievements. It costs $0.99.

Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.

[Gamasutra]

I bought this game a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed it, but it copies one of my favourite flash games of all time, though it does improve the upgrade system a lot.

okr said:

Scratch The Dig and replace it with Monkey Island 3, Indy and the last Crusade, Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken or Loom. All of them are way better than The Dig, imo the only boring and completely uninspired adventure game LucasArts has ever made (no wonder, it's based on an idea by thinktank and world-class humorist Steven Spielberg).

I don't just want more remakes/ports from LucasArts, I also hope EA one day realize that they could port The Legend of Kyrandia 1-3 to TabletPCs, Westwood's great adventure trilogy. I want Overhaul Games (the guys who currently work on Baldurs Gate 1+2) to port Interplay's great Star Trek games 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites. I want Discworld 1+2+Noir, Toonstruck and a plethora of Sierra and Dynamix adventure games.

3 other ports of classics are at least already in the works: The Last Express, The Longest Journey, and the oldest of them all, Shadowgate (originally from 1987).

TabletPCs are perfect for p&c games. I wonder if the slow German adventure developers will ever realize this and start developing their games as multiplats (as the more clever US guys from Telltale already do). Daedalic is working on a port of Edna & Harvey. That's at least a start.

@Exile1987:
Many people around the world know and absolutely love DOTT and still play it from time to time on PC or other systems via ScummVM. DOTT is #4 in my personal book of best adventure games ever made (MI1, MI2 and Indy 4 take places 1 to 3).

Puzzle adventure development is picking up. Pendulo released Yesterday on iOS (I think) roughly simultaneously with the PC release. I also hear talk of a port of The Dream Machine, though information on that seems strangely hard to find now...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

After replaying Helsing's Fire yesterday, decicided to try Score! (a game that went free yesterday) and it was pretty good. It's yet another line drawing game, but seeing the plays develop as you go is a nice touch. You can't stray much from the path, maybe it's the easy levels I've been playing, since the passes and shots have to be similar to their historic counterparts. Corner shot was fun to curve.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/score!-classic-goals/id490952152?mt=8

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

^^ We should try to get games at the same time and play multiplayer or at least talk about the same game in this thread we could start with: CAll of Mini Zombies which is free today: http://itunes.apple.com/app/call-of-mini-zombies/id431213733?mt=8

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Anyone get Fieldrunners 2? Its a great buy reminds me of a warcraft 3 custom TD or something haha. I really wasn't big on paying $2.99 though.

www.speedkittens.com

NiKKoM said:
^^ We should try to get games at the same time and play multiplayer or at least talk about the same game in this thread we could start with: CAll of Mini Zombies which is free today: http://itunes.apple.com/app/call-of-mini-zombies/id431213733?mt=8

I've recently upgraded to iOS5, so finally can do multiplayer. I'm up for trying, anyone else?

Is there a list with the online multiplayer games or something? Did a quick google check, couldn't find much, most of the list repeated the same games. I think I have multiplayer in Charadium, Flight Control, Deadlock, Sega Allstar Racing, Strategery, Ticket to Ride, Hero Academy, UniWar.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Noticable releases this week

Walking Dead: The Game

Price: $4.99 US
http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/walking-dead-the-game/id524731580?mt=8

Spy vs Spy

Price: $1.99 US http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/spy-vs-spy/id514737089?mt=8

Epic Raiders

Price: Free http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/epic-raiders/id531859497?mt=8

ORC: Vengeance

Price: $2.99 US http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/orc-vengeance/id507067914?mt=8

Manos: Hands of Fate

Price: $1.99 US http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/manos-the-hands-of-fate/id538802870?mt=8

greymay said:

Anyone get Fieldrunners 2? Its a great buy reminds me of a warcraft 3 custom TD or something haha. I really wasn't big on paying $2.99 though.

I wanted to, cause I love the first one but then I realised that it's not an universal app.. like wtf.. i ain't spending extra for an HD version