By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

Smeags said:

So I beat the game! *confetti falls* I chose for (End of Game spoilers ahead) Avatar to have the final blow, which I suppose is the "right" decision to make. The ending was very sweet. I liked how the Grima seal was gone from the hand.

And now that that's over with... it's time to start again! Still playing on Normal/Classic, as I really have no interest in playing on a harder mode. This time I got Donnel, and this'll be my "Let's do/get everything!" playthrough.

But I'm kinda hazy on one part of the story:

(End of gamish spoilers) We know that Future Avatar possessed by Grima goes back in time even before Lucina to try and possess Present Avatar. Instead the possession backfires and Present Avatar is left with no past memories. Yet somehow he/she knows Chroms name... how did that happen when Present Avatar (at this point) had never met Chrom at this time?

Nice! Obviously I haven't read the spoiler tags (because spoliers!), but how long did it take? And did it include all side-quests and the such like?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Nice! Obviously I haven't read the spoiler tags (because spoliers!), but how long did it take? And did it include all side-quests and the such like?

I must have taken my time, because I was at the ~40 hour mark by the time I completed the endgame. Though I must say I did my part to try and play/complete every DLC/Spotpass/Paralogue map I encountered, as well as play the Challenge maps (aka Risen take over a previously completed map and you must clear them for cash/experience).

Amazing game for sure, but next time I need a Restart Level option in the menu. I'm tired of pressing the Home Button and exiting the game manually every time I lost a unit.

Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

I must have taken my time, because I was at the ~40 hour mark by the time I completed the endgame. Though I must say I did my part to try and play/complete every DLC/Spotpass/Paralogue map I encountered, as well as play the Challenge maps (aka Risen take over a previously completed map and you must clear them for cash/experience).

Amazing game for sure, but next time I need a Restart Level option in the menu. I'm tired of pressing the Home Button and exiting the game manually every time I lost a unit.

Indeed, big pain I found from past games. Guess it makes you think more about whether or not to reset the game if it's harder to do, or maybe they're just stubborn to change

Smeags said:

Hit L+R+Start

As for your question, the entire time travel thing is kind of messy here, just as it is in most media that try to use it. I just pretend part of Grima's/other Avatar's memories carried over when the possession failed (he does dream about the fight that killed Chrom, for example). Still doesn't answer the time travel paradox of the children still existing post-game, or where Morgan comes from, but c'est la vie!

I went to GameStop today to see if the shipping issue was finally resolved.

Nope.

Time to buy it from the eShop!

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

I'm in awe at the shipping problem. It's not like there's been a ton of demand for 3DS cartridges to date...

noname2200 said:
I'm in awe at the shipping problem. It's not like there's been a ton of demand for 3DS cartridges to date...

Yeah I really don't see what the problem is. Would be nice to get eShop figures as well though!

Does anyone know when you can get A class weapons

Conegamer said:
noname2200 said:

Yeah I really don't see what the problem is. Would be nice to get eShop figures as well though!

I know right? It's ridiculous for there to still be a problem so long after release.

Oh well. Between FE and Scribblenauts Unlimited, I'm going to have some downloadable fun time.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

u could reset the game with L+R+START