By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

newwil7l said:
I finished my 2nd playthrough. My next Playthrough will be on lunatic, and I will make a Green haired MU so I can have an awsome green haired Owain.

Blonde Owain4Life

GET OUT WITH YOUR GREEN HAIR ANTICS

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
newwil7l said:
I finished my 2nd playthrough. My next Playthrough will be on lunatic, and I will make a Green haired MU so I can have an awsome green haired Owain.

Blonde Owain4Life

Green hair is awsome and you know it. Also I prefer brunette Owain over blonde

Finally!!! Need to get this soon along with LM

I will pick this game sooner or later...

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

I can tell you from experience that grinding is not necessary, even on Lunatic. Lunatic mode is actually fairly easy if you do all the Paralogues in certain order, as this lets you level up "safely." Once you know how to proceed, there are only a half-dozen maps that are really all that challenging. Of course, two of those come at the begining...

Lunatic+ might be a different story, though...

RolStoppable said:

You can't take chapter 5 slowly, unless you are content with letting Maribelle and Ricken die.

Pair them up, then use a Rescue Staff. After that, play defense on the lower right hand corner (Virion levelled up two or three times already...right?). Once the wyvern riders are dealt with, including the reinforcements, the map is a breeze.

Oh yes, the goddamn rescue staff. I forgot about that one, because I only used it once or twice on my first playthrough. My problem in chapter 4 was that too many units started to move towards me (all except Marth), but maybe several's movement is triggered as soon as you move up to a certain line in the arena. In other words, if I stayed on the bottom two lines, maybe I could prevent a full onslaught from happening.

My experience on Chapter 4 was to tackle one side a time with a massed team. Miriel and Avatar on the back mopping up with magic, Lissa healing, Chrom/Vaike/Stahl mopping up front. Once the cannon fodder was taken care of, I put the team just below Marth's moving space, Vaike acted as lure, Miriel/Avatar took potshots with magic and Chrom finished the job.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
newwil7l said:
_crazy_man_ said:
newwil7l said:

Blonde Owain4Life

Green hair is awsome and you know it. Also I prefer brunette Owain over blonde

I only have two play throughs, first play through I had Vaike as Lissa's husband but I've tried Virion as Owain's pop on the second, light blue or whatever really doesn't suit him. I will see on the next play through although I am tempted to just have Libra be his pops. So far Libra's blonde hair looked really good on Gerome and Noire.

Libra is a good father for Owain.

I make Owain go Swordmaster and with both parents superior Res he gets a 41 resistance cap. Have Libra pass down Renewal and Lissa pass down Galeforce. With his wife being Kjelle (Great Knight) to boost his defense (and Dual Defense+) he becomes a dodgy tank. Normal swords against low def enemies and Levin swords against low res enemies (42 magic with Swordfaire).

Just discovering the wonder kid that is Donnel....

Every level up I gain almost a +1 to every stat, which is good since his initial stats are low as hell. I pair him up with Frederick to compensate for low Str and Def and he just plows the field. Been cleaning skirmishes with him and he's getting pretty decent now.

What abilities does he gain later on? He's currently at level 7.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:

My problem in chapter 4 was that too many units started to move towards me (all except Marth), but maybe several's movement is triggered as soon as you move up to a certain line in the arena. In other words, if I stayed on the bottom two lines, maybe I could prevent a full onslaught from happening.

It's been a while, but I think the second wave is set on a timer as well as a trip line. Marth is strictly a "come within range" character, though.

At lv 15 he gets Underdog, this increases Hit and Avoid by 15% (promoted are Level +20).