By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

irstupid said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Underdog only works against units that are higher lv than Donnel. (Sorry the computers at my college are shit and I couldn't edit my post).

But yeah I see most peeps go Hero with Donnel. Tho you should just Master Seal him at lv 15 to get to Mercenary first to pick up Armshift.

I get hero skills, but always end him on Warrior

He looks the best as a warrior class with his cooking pot on his head.  I don't use any of Warrior skills, but I make him have it as his end class

No Counter? 

Tho I haven't tried Counter on anyone but my Berserker Vaike (dat low def/res makes Counter hit them hard then Sol to heal back up).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
irstupid said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Underdog only works against units that are higher lv than Donnel. (Sorry the computers at my college are shit and I couldn't edit my post).

But yeah I see most peeps go Hero with Donnel. Tho you should just Master Seal him at lv 15 to get to Mercenary first to pick up Armshift.

He looks the best as a warrior class with his cooking pot on his head.  I don't use any of Warrior skills, but I make him have it as his end class

No Counter? 

Tho I haven't tried Counter on anyone but my Berserker Vaike (dat low def/res makes Counter hit them hard then Sol to heal back up).

Don't like the idea of needing to take damage to deal it.

My skills are usually all offensive in nature or dodging.  So I try and not get hit ever and thus counter kind of feels pointless

irstupid said:
_crazy_man_ said:
irstupid said:
_crazy_man_ said:

No Counter? 

My skills are usually all offensive in nature or dodging.  So I try and not get hit ever and thus counter kind of feels pointless

I can understand, I only have Counter on one character on all my files. ;p

But when you mean all offensive do you mean stuff like multiple skill activations?  Like having Astra AND Luna or Aether AND Sol?

noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

(...)

Do you remember what a good order for the children's paralogues is? Doing them by numbers doesn't seem to be a good idea, because paralogue 6 has almost all enemies equipped with blue weapons which is the game's way to cheat the player. Yes, I could figure out a good order by myself, but I am too lazy.

The only real problem in the story chapters are reinforcements which somehow make me always fail a map on my first attempt. While I remember from my first playthrough where reinforcements can appear, I get the order or the exact turn wrong most of the time.

I remember Morgan's is the easiest (only two or three promoted enemies), followed by Owain (just a handful of promoteds) and Kjelle's. Laurent's is tricky: if you don't keep saving the villages, it's the easiest by a country mile, but if you do the map "properly" (and get a pretty good reward out of it), it's middling difficulty: lots of mobile and promoted enemies show up late, but you can control their rate of appearance once you know the trick.

Nah's is probably the most challenging, as everyone's promoted and you will get ambushed and units will get cut off from retreating/reinforcements. Cynthia and Inigo are the next step down. Yarne's gives you a choice of facing a bunch of cavalry, a bunch of armored units, or both: picking a side makes things pretty easy, but also robs you of a ton of XP, while going against everyone means you'll be levelling like mad, but will have a hard time in the early going unless you're extremely well prepared. Finally, if you have strong fliers Gerome's map is a breeze (hold on to your Flying Axes!), but without strong fliers it becomes quite challenging.

So, I went Morgan-Owain-Kjelle-Laurent-Gerome-Cynthia-Inigo-Nah, and it worked out quite well. I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone, but they'd probably be lumped in the middle somewhere, because they're so forgettable.

Edit: I forgot Noire. She'd be before Cynthia: lots of promoteds (cavalry and fliers, mostly), but the waves are well spaced out if you don't stay in the starting position, and you decide when the boss and his group become active.

You forgot about Severa's, which was the hardest one imo

lestatdark said:

Edit - Gotta say, it's always funny when you're on a Fort, paired up with Kellam for high defense, enemies have only a 35% chance to hit, 1% critical, and still manage to pull two crits in a row, killing my level 9 Sumia. Love the RNG.

She tripped on nothing. It is to be expected.

Around the Network
newwil7l said:
noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

(...)

Do you remember what a good order for the children's paralogues is? Doing them by numbers doesn't seem to be a good idea, because paralogue 6 has almost all enemies equipped with blue weapons which is the game's way to cheat the player. Yes, I could figure out a good order by myself, but I am too lazy.

The only real problem in the story chapters are reinforcements which somehow make me always fail a map on my first attempt. While I remember from my first playthrough where reinforcements can appear, I get the order or the exact turn wrong most of the time.

I remember Morgan's is the easiest (only two or three promoted enemies), followed by Owain (just a handful of promoteds) and Kjelle's. Laurent's is tricky: if you don't keep saving the villages, it's the easiest by a country mile, but if you do the map "properly" (and get a pretty good reward out of it), it's middling difficulty: lots of mobile and promoted enemies show up late, but you can control their rate of appearance once you know the trick.

Nah's is probably the most challenging, as everyone's promoted and you will get ambushed and units will get cut off from retreating/reinforcements. Cynthia and Inigo are the next step down. Yarne's gives you a choice of facing a bunch of cavalry, a bunch of armored units, or both: picking a side makes things pretty easy, but also robs you of a ton of XP, while going against everyone means you'll be levelling like mad, but will have a hard time in the early going unless you're extremely well prepared. Finally, if you have strong fliers Gerome's map is a breeze (hold on to your Flying Axes!), but without strong fliers it becomes quite challenging.

So, I went Morgan-Owain-Kjelle-Laurent-Gerome-Cynthia-Inigo-Nah, and it worked out quite well. I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone, but they'd probably be lumped in the middle somewhere, because they're so forgettable.

Edit: I forgot Noire. She'd be before Cynthia: lots of promoteds (cavalry and fliers, mostly), but the waves are well spaced out if you don't stay in the starting position, and you decide when the boss and his group become active.

You forgot about Severa's, which was the hardest one imo

Rescue Staff

_crazy_man_ said:
irstupid said:
_crazy_man_ said:
irstupid said:
_crazy_man_ said:

No Counter? 

I can understand, I only have Counter on one character on all my files. ;p

But when you mean all offensive do you mean stuff like multiple skill activations?  Like having Astra AND Luna or Aether AND Sol?

No for Donnel, I believe i am planning on having

1. Sol

2. Axebreaker

3. Bowbreaker

4. Armsthrift

5. idk, probably Resis +10 or Aggressor

I don't usually end up using Donnel very far into game.  He just is a husband I use in order to pass on the skills Sol and Armsthrift.

But I would rather have skills on someone like Axebreaker and bowbreaker than counter.  I just don't like the idea of feeling somewhat happy when someone damages me

_crazy_man_ said:

Atm my Kjelle, Noire, and Severa all have Sol and Lethality equipped. What now!? :P 

Galaki said:
lestatdark said:

Edit - Gotta say, it's always funny when you're on a Fort, paired up with Kellam for high defense, enemies have only a 35% chance to hit, 1% critical, and still manage to pull two crits in a row, killing my level 9 Sumia. Love the RNG.

It's the goddamn boots, I tell you! Cornelia doesn't have those issues .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Galaki said:
lestatdark said:

It's the goddamn boots, I tell you! Cornelia doesn't have those issues .

Yes! I mean... no... *sigh*

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero