By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March NPD - X360 #1 371k, PS3 337k, Wii 175k

pezus said:
Can we revive some "3DS is domed" threads now?

You should!

Sony is clearly the winner here!

Around the Network

Those are some really surprising numbers.

pezus said:
VicViper said:
pezus said:
Can we revive some "3DS is domed" threads now?

You should!

Sony is clearly the winner here!

It's not about Sony, it's about Nintendo. Sony has nothing to do with 3DS

A bit ironic or are you simply asking for the same treatment across the board [reference to vita doom train]

theprof00 said:
amaral_slb said:
amaral_slb said:

Prediction:

360 - undertracked by 50k
PS3 - undertracked by 50k-100k
3DS - spot on
Vita - undertracked by 30k
Wii - undertracked by 20k

Pretty nice prediction here.

I am happy for the The Show series, never played the full game, but from what I played (not being a baseball fan), the level of detail is tremendous. I will go on the line and say that The Show brand should be expanded to other sports also.

The more I see how Sony talks about the Vita, the more I see it in trouble rigth now. More then price they need big time exclusive content in there.

PS3 is selling better then usual compared to the 360 as it should (price drops), the question still remains, will sony introduce a new slimmer PS3 model after the 360 makes a HUGE price cut at E3? Or will they bank on the 199 console "only" factor?

Well, in the country where we likely have the most reliable data, our first month is 25-30% less than actual for vita. Let's not start counting it out just yet.

Not counting anything out, I just talked about how Sony talks about the Vita. Skype? Are you serious? It´s like they did a solid job of providing good launch games, and still made a big mistake of not providing a good flow of games until E3. After E3 it is another ball game, but until then, if you want the regular consumer to pay 250 just for the handheld machine, it need constant games coming. I will not even talk about the horrible decision they made of releasing the machine sooner on the region where PSP was big and still selling like crazy, without games for that market.

I know that if the Vita manages to stay unhackable for the majority of the consumer, it will outsell the PSP when it is all said and done, having said that Sony is still making big time mistakes at console releases, Sony needs to be a quicker seller, instead of starting slow and losing potential big money with lack of software sales in the beginning of new gen consoles.

amaral_slb said:
theprof00 said:

Well, in the country where we likely have the most reliable data, our first month is 25-30% less than actual for vita. Let's not start counting it out just yet.

Not counting anything out, I just talked about how Sony talks about the Vita. Skype? Are you serious? It´s like they did a solid job of providing good launch games, and still made a big mistake of not providing a good flow of games until E3. After E3 it is another ball game, but until then, if you want the regular consumer to pay 250 just for the handheld machine, it need constant games coming. I will not even talk about the horrible decision they made of releasing the machine sooner on the region where PSP was big and still selling like crazy, without games for that market.

I know that if the Vita manages to stay unhackable for the majority of the consumer, it will outsell the PSP when it is all said and done, having said that Sony is still making big time mistakes at console releases, Sony needs to be a quicker seller, instead of starting slow and losing potential big money with lack of software sales in the beginning of new gen consoles.

50 days on the market, undertracked on our own site by 25%. CoD and lots of games announced for release this year.

Is this a joke?

Around the Network

Anything on Tales of Graces?

May not be a Xillia for US release...  :(

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Ops... Vita is selling good in US... the haters may cry.

ethomaz said:
Ops... Vita is selling good in US... the haters may cry.

go figure right?

For someone who wasn't part of this site for the 3DS launch year, can someone clue me in on the 3DS' NPD numbers for this time? As in, how good is 200k for Vita compared to the 3DS?

Argh_College said:
Ladies and gentelman : Vita is Dead in USA and wont recover, Wii U is coming so Nintendo doesnt care about Wii and Xbox is a Beast in Americas and has next gen locked down.

Also if MS cuts the price... heads will explode.

LOL