By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Convince an Android fan, to use a WP7 more

Solid-Stark said:
Go use one. If you like it more than android, then buy one. I think these mobile OS wars are ridiculous. It's a simply a matter of preference in a given market.

It's just like the console wars isn't it? XD

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Solid-Stark said:
Go use one. If you like it more than android, then buy one. I think these mobile OS wars are ridiculous. It's a simply a matter of preference in a given market.

It's just like the console wars isn't it? XD

Exactly what I had in mind :D

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

enrageorange said:

When phone is off it takes around 5-10 minutes for it to boot up and considering I need to reset it around 3 times a day, that becomes a big pain. Sometimes it gets stuck in the bootup splash screen forever and I need to remove battery.

This right here, is the sign of a defective phone, you should get it checked.

Solid-Stark said:

read the article , I've used HTC HD7 for awhile, even before I got my current Android phone, when I got my android I sold it (with a big loss as well), and I thought i'd not touch a WP7 phone again, but then all the hype for Lumia and how it has became the best OS ever, I bought it , but I can still return it a month from now, I am actually thinking of doing so because its nothing different from the HD7, same crap different toilet, the build is great though, Nokia always made great hardware, but software wise they're very buggy.

It's over, Pallus!

Around the Network
enrageorange said:

I don't know about you guys but I am having a very very bad experience with android on my droid 3.

Android OS constantly crashing causing the screen to just go black.

All apps, from youtube to a finance app, constantly crashing which freezes the phone because forceclose works 10% of the time, forcing me to remove the battery and restart the phone.

When phone is off it takes around 5-10 minutes for it to boot up and considering I need to reset it around 3 times a day, that becomes a big pain. Sometimes it gets stuck in the bootup splash screen forever and I need to remove battery.

Phone randomly reboots  just for the fun of it. Battery occasionally completely discharges.

Headphone jack works half the time. Playing songs through either headphones or the built in droid speaker causes a lot of skipping, sounds kind of like playing a cd that has lots of scratches. The same mp3 files play fine on my laptop, zune, and itouch.

My music playlists get deleted whenever I charge my phone using my laptop.

If I want to play any game, I need to reboot it first because if its been on for over an hour it will lag like crazy even playing something simple like scramble with friends, despite the droid 3 having very good specs.

Phone gets very hot doing anything but idleing.

With minimum brightness, wifi and navigation off, battery lasts around 3 hours of none idle time(browsing web, texting, finance app) or 2 hours playing games or watching videos. Lasts a long time on idle though.

Verizon assured me that is the way the phone is suppose to act after trying to return it thinking it's possibly defective.

This is my first smartphone, but come upgrade time I'm probably not going to get an android phone again. Its too bad apple and microsoft don't make phones with physical keyboards. That's the one thing I like about my droid 3. It's much easier to type things and emulators and roms control much better with the keyboard than touch controls.

I think you have a defective phone.

I've owned two (Fascinate and now a Galaxy Nexus), while Fassy had a GPS issue, it was ok overall. My GNex is superb and really without issue.

OT:

All in all it comes down to preference. All three options have their good and bad. Android has issues with OEMs trying to differentiate and that causes  some issues with poor UIs (go Nexus if you can). WP7 has a serious lack of software support and depending on your carrier, crappy options. iOS has no options and a locked down ecosystem.

I would think that if you already tried a WP7 and like Android more... then what's the point of the thread if not to simply argue.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:

It's over, Pallus!

I wonder if it's actually true? (Not the Nokia part just the actual part about being testers.)

NintendoPie said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

It's over, Pallus!

I wonder if it's actually true? (Not the Nokia part just the actual part about being testers.)

Life is a beta test.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:

It's over, Pallus!

That commercial can't be any more ironic since Its actually Windows Phone 7.5  

the new version is coming a couple of months later.

NintendoPie said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

It's over, Pallus!

I'd argue that every android phone before ICS has been a beta test... ICS is polished enough to not be called beta.