By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U release = Start of new Gen? Agree or Disagree.

1. For Nintendo yes, for the consumer no its about as powerful as a PS360 and both those consoles are 5/6 years old

2. No, just because someone crosses the finish line first in a race doesnt mean the race is over. Second place is still up for grabs.

Around the Network

1: Of course it is, its the beginning of a new console cycle. Don't be silly.

2: Hmm, uncertain of this. Even though the new cycle has begun, neither MS nor Sony have entered the contest so its a difficult question. Then again, not much is likely to change until such as a time as they have entered the race themselves.
The generation is certainly beginning with the WiiU but I say that the 2nd place is decided when the PS4 and 720 hit the market (or whichever one comes first, since they're unlikely to launch at the exact same time).

NintendoPie said:
Solid-Stark said:
Cheebee said:
Why wouldn't it be the start of a new gen...?

Exactly what makes this whole "WiiU is not next gen" funny.

I don't see Cheebee laughing...

I laugh for both of us.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
NintendoPie said:
Solid-Stark said:
Cheebee said:
Why wouldn't it be the start of a new gen...?

Exactly what makes this whole "WiiU is not next gen" funny.

I don't see Cheebee laughing...

I laugh for both of us.

Why thank you! How kind, I guess?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

Why thank you! How kind, I guess?

I don't quite get it either. XD

Around the Network

What a stupid question. Of course it's the first console in a new generation. It could be as powerful as a Supercomputer or as powerful as a pocket calculator and it would still be the first console of the next generation.

It's funny that about 3 people in this thread have said that the WiiU isn't a next gen console

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

And it should also be noted that the sales of the 360 are boosted by its failure rate, I know a few people that are on their third and fourth consoles.

for me gen starts when all the players release in this case sony and ms consoles, ive always viewed it this way just look at last gen all the good exclusives and 3rd party games released at around 07 and on

the 360 takes 2nd not only b/c it will be ahead of 3rd this fall but b/c 1st and 3rd party SW sells more on it then the PS3, among other things like having superior multi plat games, not really losing much ground with HW sales once the PS3 released, and completely owning the PS3 in NA, i think there was like 2-3 NPDs where the PS3 outsold it

zero129 said:
snowdog said:
And it should also be noted that the sales of the 360 are boosted by its failure rate, I know a few people that are on their third and fourth consoles.

Thats the worst excuse i have ever heard. i wont even explain why.

Sadly I've seen the same arguement used on the PS2, tho because of its durablility.

/face desk

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)